Exercising while playing WoW?

General Discussion
I am thinking of how to play WoW and exercise at the same time.... simple PvE, no raiding or anything..... Best I can think of is my laptop on a stand on my exercise bike, with a mouse on a high table....

Looking for other ideas that are better than that, LOL.
Get off of WoW, go outside and take a walk?
it's too early for this.....
As a person that plays the drums (Mapex M Birch 12 piece) I find myself "drumming" with my feet while listening to music and playing wow. hey it burns calories while sitting, lol.
Looking for other ideas that are better than that, LOL.

What other ideas are there?

In order to exercise properly, you need to move. Well, unless you're one of the ones that thinks the "Thighmaster" or "Ab-wonder" is going to work.

If you're going to move and play WoW, your choices are either a stationary bike or a treadmill.

Assuming it would be difficult to walk/run and also control a character in WoW, that pretty much leaves you with the exercise bike.

So, mount that laptop up there somehow and away you go.

Or, yeah, like the other dude said, you could take a break from WoW and go jogging for an hour. LOL.

Edit: And yes, as the person above mentioned, you can do things like drumming, or for that matter just tapping your feet or swinging them up and down.... but are you really trying to exercise here? Get out and move.

That's not possible you know. Cause it's always something else to do. I say to myself, ok, I'm finishing these quests than I log off...then no, I'll turn the quests and then log out. I turn the quests, the NPC gives me more and they are appealing..so I hurry to do those, then I remember I have to visit a trainer for first aid, so I use hearth. Once in a capital city I say to myself, let's do the cooking, fishing dailies, and then I'll log out...then i have to visit Ah to see if I find ingredients for cooking....if not I'll have to go and farm them myself...8 hours later I'm still playing wow :/

That's not possible you know. Cause it's always something else to do. I say to myself, ok, I'm finishing these quests than I log off...then no, I'll turn the quests and then log out. I turn the quests, the NPC gives me more and they are appealing..so I hurry to do those, then I remember I have to visit a trainer for first aid, so I use hearth. Once in a capital city I say to myself, let's do the cooking, fishing dailies, and then I'll log out...then i have to visit Ah to see if I find ingredients for cooking....if not I'll have to go and farm them myself...8 hours later I'm still playing wow :/

'Not possible'

Force yourself. Set a timer that will shut your machine off at a certain time of day that'll make you get up and go do some exercise. Grab an IRL friend to go on the walk with you or go to the gym for an hour or two. Sick to death of people telling me 'But I can't I have DAILIES TO DO'.

You wanna exercise? Make yourself do it without a game involved.

Nothing good ever comes from balancing a laptop on top of an exercise machine and a longer life playing WoW does not give.
04/04/2013 08:13 AMPosted by Tootsietoes

Lol.....this sounds like me...

"I'll just finish this one quest line........."

un hunh
What Tootsie said...

This game is very addicting (and so is the internet.)
I do Kegels while I raid.
I lost about 70lbs in my weight loss journey on an exercise bike. I was playing turn based games, like Fire Emblem and other RPGs.

Worked great for me. I never tried with WoW though because even with a desktop computer and wireless keyboard/mouse, it would be too awkward to set something up on the bike.

Besides, first person shooters taught me one thing: Don't play action games on an exercise bike.
I do Kegels while I raid.

O.o
http://www.amazon.com/Stamina-InStride-Adjustable-Height-Cycle/dp/B005IQS7X8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1365090473&sr=8-2&keywords=desk+bicycle

You're welcome.
Maybe if you could setup some kind of exercise bike under your desk lol. That's the only way I see it happening. Biking is a great way to burn calories while "sitting", as is rowing, but I can't picture you rowing and playing WoW effectively. It would have to be with the legs. Biking. I'm picturing a little under-desk pedal contraption.
I've been considering this myself actually. They make small pedals that you can put under your desk say at work, so you can pedal while sitting there working. Never tried it though, not sure how effective it is at exercise.
Since you'll be doing the solo PVE content, just start doing a set of push/pull-ups after completing all the dailies for a faction: finish your Tillers dailies, and do a set. Finish your Shado-Pan dailies, and do a set. Try to get five sets in each time you play, and do each set to failure. Alternatively, just cycle or run on a treadmill while in queue for LFR/D or waiting for a world boss to spawn.
If you have the money, this one actually looks like the highest quality desk pedaling machine with the widest range of resistance variation:

http://www.amazon.com/MagneTrainer-ER-Mini-Exercise-Bike-Exerciser/dp/B000V53KD8/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1365091099&sr=8-7&keywords=desk+bike
04/04/2013 08:59 AMPosted by Broadview
Since you'll be doing the solo PVE content, just start doing a set of push/pull-ups after completing all the dailies for a faction: finish your Tillers dailies, and do a set. Finish your Shado-Pan dailies, and do a set. Try to get five sets in each time you play, and do each set to failure.

This is a solid suggestion, and it's what I do. Interspersing sets with dailies makes both things feel like they've gone by more quickly. Be very careful with cardio and gaming, though. I only had to make the mistake of playing Mario Kart on a treadmill once. Your brain can only handle so many inputs!
They make treadmill desks
I minimize the wow windows and open some adult websites. Then i exercise with my right hand