Secrets of the Empire and their drop rate.

General Discussion
I was curious to know why the drop rate for this item seems to be so absymally low. Now I will admit that I've not done full clears of ToT normal and have done all the bosses (currently available) via LFR since the content was released. This is what my kills look like currently:

Jin'rokh x8 (4N, 4 LFR)
Horridon x9 (5N, 4 LFR)
Council x7 (3N, 4 LFR)
Tortos x4 (2N, 2 LFR)
Megaera x4 (2N, 2 LFR)
Ji-Kun x3 (1N, 2 LFR)
Durmuru x1 (LFR)
Primordius x1 (LFR)
Dark Animus x2 (1N, 1 LFR)

Again that list is based off of what I've done in Normal mode (7/12) and whats currently open with LFR. I am currently sitting at 3 Secrets of the Empire. I would hazard to guess that I have bad luck but this drop rate is so insanely low that it will take probably well past 5.3 and most likely into 5.4 to complete at my current rate. Is that intended? It was a nightmare with the Sigils of Wisdom and Power but being that you could earn them in Normal and LFR made it slightly easier. The Sigils were also given to everyone in the raid for Normal when they would drop from a boss.

So Blizzard I am asking for some input maybe or design logic around this. You guys came up with the quest line so I'm sure you have some reason as to why its such a low drop rate. I'm sure there are those out there who have all 20 already or are close to it, and I say grats to you. I however have 3 after killing 39 bosses. I'm exalted with The Black Prince (in case anyone was curious if that had an effect on it.) Does this have to do with the final wing of LFR not being open and the world boss (Nalak) not being unlocked yet? There are still more items that need to be collected at a later phase in the quest that only drop from bosses in the last 2 wings (using LFR as a reference). Are those going to be just as insanely low of a drop rate?

To make this clear, I'm not complaining. I'm just curious about Blizzards intent with the design of this quest and hopefully someone can get a little info from the devs to share with us.

Thank you for reading and I hope you all have a fantastic day.
I've got nine so far. Doesn't seem that different from the drop rate of the sigils in earlier portions of the questline.
After 50 boss kills (12 LFR, 33 Normal, 5 heroic), I'm sitting on 9 secrets.

Meanwhile, my guildies who have around the same as me, have finished their 20.

RNG is RNG.
After 50 boss kills (12 LFR, 33 Normal, 5 heroic), I'm sitting on 9 secrets.

Meanwhile, my guildies who have around the same as me, have finished their 20.

RNG is RNG.

This, I recently finished mine this week, while some of my guildies are sitting at 3-5 and we have been clearing 12/12 since the first week.

RNG is RNG.

Now WTB Stage 6.
I get that it is RNG, I just wonder why they went this route versus how they did it with the sigils. Lets be realistic, 5.3 isn't that far off (based on the time line of how patches have been rolling since MoP released). Are they trying to some what gate it to prevent people from getting the gems really fast? Was it meant to last until the next patch dropped? It is irritating when you're relying on RNG for a quest.
One thing you have to take into account.

You can only get 1 chance per boss per week for a secrets to drop.

Doesn't matter if it's normal/heroic/LFR ... if you fight Jin'rokh on normal, you do not get a chance that week of getting a drop on LFR.

(I have 14 secrets btw)
I have 65 kills between normal and LFR and 18 Secrets of the Empire.

Doesn't matter if it's normal/heroic/LFR ... if you fight Jin'rokh on normal, you do not get a chance that week of getting a drop on LFR.

(I have 14 secrets btw)

Really? I was under the impression that the "only once a week, regardless of difficulty" rule applied only to rep.

This, I recently finished mine this week, while some of my guildies are sitting at 3-5 and we have been clearing 12/12 since the first week.

RNG is RNG.

Now WTB Stage 6.

BTW, grats on H Mag.
Really? I was under the impression that the "only once a week, regardless of difficulty" rule applied only to rep.

So did a lot of people.

It seems like these are awarded randomly per person (LFR style) from normal mode raids.

Is this intended? The previous tier had legendary items dropping randomly per person from LFR and to the raid as a whole in normal.

Edit: Has anyone gotten a secret from LFR and Normal/Heroic? It seems as if just like the rep you can only get a shot at a secret once per boss.

Everyone has a personal chance to receive a Secrets of the Empire drop on Normal/Heroic; the quest loot functions the same way that the Raid Finder version of the Legendary quest did prior to 5.2.

We wanted to have a single shared chance per boss per week because we'd prefer to avoid making raiders who are killing bosses on non-Raid Finder runs to feel obligated to do Raid Finder specifically for Legendary quest drops. If those players want to do it for Valor or off-spec gear, that’s great, but doing Raid Finder shouldn’t be necessary for optimal Legendary acquisition.

This was the quote though, found http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8178768002#15 here.

Edit: The only thing we don't know though is if the drop rate is higher on higher difficulties or not. Which the blues haven't said a word about... so we don't know whether or not the drop rates on normal are the same as heroic and LFR, or if LFR has the lower drop rate or whatever.
Which makes it seem like they are going against what they first said back at MoP launch about this. They wanted it to be faster to acquire the legendary items via normal / heroic raids and slower with LFR, yet with 5.2 it doesn't matter what you are doing...you're stuck praying to the RNG gods and it defeats the purpose. There has to be be something in mind with their design for this awful RNG.
59 kills on my main, 5 emblems. At 56 kills I had 2 but then went on a lucky streak. Two guildies with same kill count are done. I am in no rush, I'll have plenty of time to finish up the chain.

(I have 14 secrets btw)

RNG is RNG.

Now WTB Stage 6.

BTW, grats on H Mag.

Thanks, and secrets dont have a higher chance based on what difficulty, as ive gotten at least half of mine from LFR.
It's simply RNG. I have 9 though the farthest I've completed in normal is Ji-Kun and I did Flesh Shaping in LFR this week.

I have a friend who's been full clearing in normal/heroic the past 3 weeks. He has 11, not really that many more than I do despite far more boss kills. He also has guildies who have gotten all theirs already.

There is plenty of time before 5.3 comes out to get all 20 and complete the next steps of the quest chain. I wouldn't worry.

Which makes it seem like they are going against what they first said back at MoP launch about this. They wanted it to be faster to acquire the legendary items via normal / heroic raids and slower with LFR, yet with 5.2 it doesn't matter what you are doing...you're stuck praying to the RNG gods and it defeats the purpose. There has to be be something in mind with their design for this awful RNG.

It will be faster in general to complete the legendary items in normal/heroic if you're with a group who's full clearing fairly quickly into the patch. We're also not seeing the true legendaries yet. All the little goodies so far are "gimme" items. We won't start work on the actual legendaries until Siege of Orgrimmar and at that point, there should be a noticeable difference in progression speed.
Thanks, and secrets dont have a higher chance based on what difficulty, as ive gotten at least half of mine from LFR.

Yeah, but we have to keep in mind what the "R" in RNG stands for

Even if HM/Normal actually had a 20% higher drop rate (not saying it does, though that would be awesome), we'd still need a larger sample size to iron out outliers, like people who get all 20 by the second week.
It should be a shared drop for the entire raid though (Not counting LFR). The idea that you can only perhaps get one from EITHER LFR or Normal / Heroic is dumb. As I've said I'm sitting at 3 total and others are farther ahead. It is going to create an imbalance when half your raid has the gem and the rest don't simply because RNG has screwed them over.
Ive got 21 ToT kills in LFR and have gotten 3 secrets. Dunno if that's low or not, but since I still have TONS of gear to get from there, I don't mind. I'll start to worry when I have everything and I'm forced to run it for the Secrets.
I have 11 secrets. I got 7 this week from 9 of the LFR bosses. I actually thought they buffed the drop rate and was telling my friends. Hopefully I get that lucky next week!
I'm at 8 after this week i kill up to twin consorts

most people in my guild are 16+
I have killed every boss in LFR every week since it came up, and have killed the first three raid bosses 5,4, and 1 time respectively, but I only have 2 secrets, I hope that the drop chance for me at least improves, cause I hate feeling this far behind the curve.