Miss 1ore=1bar days.

Professions
Just decrease loot amount from veins.
You start using two ores when you make Bronze.

that's the only one that uses two bars until you hit BC, where fel iron and adamantite are 2 ore per bar. Then it's back to 1 ore per bar for cobalt, and back up to 2 for everything else up to current expansion.

I prefer the 1 ore per bar method because the OCD in me refuses to stop farming until I get an even number of ores. If I had a choice of less ore per node with only needing to smelt one ore per bar, I'd take it =)

No, you don't, actually. Yes, it takes one copper bar and one tin bar per craft, but each craft gives two bronze bars.
1 + 1 = 2. While I am aware you have two Bronze bars after smelting, you most assuredly do use a tin bar and a copper bar in the process, thus making it two bars.

That being said, I don't mine if I'm not leveling. My time is better spent actually making gold than trading for it.
That being said, I don't mine if I'm not leveling. My time is better spent actually making gold than trading for it.
"It's not a problem for me, therefore it is not a problem for anyone else" isn't a valid argument.
I make millions from JC. I do this from prospecting ore that I buy on the Auction House. I am also an alchemist. I have to acquire ghost iron bars to make living steel. I do this by purchasing them on the Auction House. I use plenty of ore. I just use my time productively in acquiring it.

And no, using two ore per bar is not a problem. Never has been. It's been in the game since Vanilla. I do not want nodes nerfed. I use far more raw ore than bars. Cutting the supply helps no one.
I don't mind the 2 for 1, it almost makes more sense to me as to why we have to convert the ore in the first place. Though I could easily see changing the conversion rate from 2:1 to 1:1 with the launch of the next expansion. The supply of ore decreases significantly and the miners should have figured out a more efficient means of smelting the crap after 18+ months.