Insanity or FDCL for RBGs?

Priest
Just going to throw this out there, but many people like to use FDCL and swear by it that it will be top damage.

But I disagree, I believe insanity is so, so much more better.

I'll cover in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFET7SMkU1Y

It was made SUPER late and I have to go wake up in 5 hours so I'll read replies, responses, suggestions later for future video's. But basically I am always top damage in RBGs as Shadow with Insanity, even while being trained.

I am showing everyone how I do that in RBGs. It's actually not difficult at all. But hope you enjoy and feel free to leave (any) feedback.
I used to feel the same way, but recently I went back to FDCL and am loving it.

With insanity so many times I felt like I was wasting it, especially in RBGs. For one it is very flashy and prone to draw CCs and lockouts, especially lockouts, good lord when I was insanity I would spend the greater part of RBGs locked out of shadow. Not only is there the scenario that you get ccd through your DP, but often the enemy is on the run or being Leap of Faithed back or something that will not let you get off the channels of Insanity. In all of those cases I was wasting a talent point.

FDCL is never wasted. Shadow keeps everything dotted with VT anyway, for the mana regen and horrify on dispellers. So by default I'm getting fantastic use of FDCL. Not only is the talent never wasted, but it makes our burst phase all instant cast. They have to blanket or fully cc me to stop the boatloads if instant cast blasts and spikes that are railing our kill target, they dont have to simply interrupt my insanity for the lockout. I even find myself getting targeted far far far less with FDCL, not having a gigantic blue beam connecting you to the target makes it harder for them to figure out who is killing him and makes it harder for them to spot you.

Idk, I'm not 100% decided either way, both talents are extremely potent in their own regard.

EDIT: a 1100 rated RBGer making RBG guides...lmao...really!?
I have to say I'm insanity confused after that vid. Just lots of things don't seem to connect.

Despite the details....both specs are viable based on comp you are in, as well as comp you face.

I like to run fdlc if my group has lots of melee so I can spread some burst dmg and make life difficult for their healers.

I use insanity in spell cleaves since pressure is already spread and I can really slam some single target dmg out.
If I get a chance to run today I'll try FDCL. I feel like I spend too much globals on FDCL instead of reapplying dots, off healing, mind flaying (without insanity).

But then again I like to play affliction, fire and disc back when it was bad. Overall I see the still feel the on demand burst is best for every situation, just because you can use it at will. (Spriest and rogue killing EFC).

This is my shadow priest Darkapostle, RBGs aren't exactly hard except for the fact you rely on 9 other players to be as good as you lol. I've made Glad Spriest vids back in Cata btw, guess I should have went over my credentials because people get anal that.

I'll be testing FDCL further though and make a guide about it someday as well.
Going to bump the thread as I realize Videoh had the same title and that was confusing.
How many gd priests do u have?

That's the confusing thing.
How many gd priests do u have?

That's the confusing thing.

Lol! I was actually wondering the same thing!
3, thinking of leveling another one lol.
I've found that Insanity is great for single target heavy damage. Excellent for killing healers that aren't expecting to all of a sudden be taking a boat load of damage. Coupled with a timely Silence, it's beast. I feel like FDCL is good, but I don't feel like it provides a reliable setup for knocking a healer down. Sure, if you've got melee on you and you can't hard cast anything, then obviously you'd be thankful for procs from FDCL, I'm just saying, Insanity is the biggest bomb we have in our arsenal. Ultimately, it's really just a matter of playstyle. Before they buffed Insanity, I was FDCL like everyone else and enjoyed it just fine. Now papa got a bran new bag.
I've found that Insanity is great for single target heavy damage. Excellent for killing healers that aren't expecting to all of a sudden be taking a boat load of damage. Coupled with a timely Silence, it's beast. I feel like FDCL is good, but I don't feel like it provides a reliable setup for knocking a healer down. Sure, if you've got melee on you and you can't hard cast anything, then obviously you'd be thankful for procs from FDCL, I'm just saying, Insanity is the biggest bomb we have in our arsenal. Ultimately, it's really just a matter of playstyle. Before they buffed Insanity, I was FDCL like everyone else and enjoyed it just fine. Now papa got a bran new bag.

Yeah it is legitimately like that, Insanity is very good for high burst on unsuspecting healers and forces cooldowns when it is used.
Which add-ons do you use? I'm particularly interested in the one that looks like it keeps track of enemy health. It was on the right hand side and looks like a way better version of battlegroundtargets.
I wish I could get more than eots/ab/ssm garbage rbgs to really see a difference I can relate to one another.

As far as I can tell I'm cranking out more dmg/pressure with fdlc, just lack that "killshot" I'd have with insanity.
Which add-ons do you use? I'm particularly interested in the one that looks like it keeps track of enemy health. It was on the right hand side and looks like a way better version of battlegroundtargets.

It's battleground targets. You can change the settings of it to show those things... lol.
Lol, thanks Truewan. I will look into it.

On a side note, I'm loving Cascade! It's so much easier to manage than Halo(Sadly, I haven't downloaded Halopro yet). I like the 25 sec cd on it as well.
Lol, thanks Truewan. I will look into it.

On a side note, I'm loving Cascade! It's so much easier to manage than Halo(Sadly, I haven't downloaded Halopro yet). I like the 25 sec cd on it as well.

I've been hearing a lot of that as well I am seriously thinking of trying it out if I ever get into an RBG soon. (This priest is going shadow as well too).