An Accept/Decline button NEEDs to be added or

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I think the best bet would be that option, after 1 VP earning run for that LFR segment, so those that only need 1 boss can get that one.

On the other hand, it might not be a bad idea to allow people to choose "run for VP" or "run for loot" LFRs are formed from both selections but:

Run for VP: this will put you on the first available run, partial or fresh, and really aside from alts why are most people running the older LFRs?
Run for loot: this will give priority for fresh runs but the longer the queue takes, the more likely you are to get an in progress run.
1. Add a popup like there is on dungeons stating how many bosses are down already.

They had this. It just meant that if a tank or healer left your group you'd never get a replacement. People avoided runs with bosses down.

Now if you kill the last boss, your next queue will likely get you in on a fresh run.

Which is the greater of two the problems? Having to do a partial run and re-queue or having runs in which a tank or healer leaves/kicked not complete.

Whoops. OP has zero Animus LFR kills. If you can't even kill it once to help flush the queue, then you're definitely taking a backseat for fresh ones.

This character has zero animus kills because I couldn't get past the very first LFR of ToT last raid lockout. This post was not about HoFS if you actually bothered to read it, it was about an issue I encountered in LSotZ. I merely made an anecdotal reference to one of my experiences in HoFS.

If you like, I can post on my other 5 90's who have animus kills? Seeing how it would be a completely irrelevant exercise I think I'll pass... (Hint: Check the achievements for my account instead of mousing over the ToT progression picture)

I get partial runs all the time. I have never failed to get a fresh run after completing the last boss, even during the hair-pulling days of Will/Garalon when LOTS of LFR groups were brickwalling at the 3rd boss.

I don't know the inside workings of LFR but I can say with absolute certainty that this has happened to me so many times that I couldn't even begin to give you an honest and accurate count. It does happen where I complete partials and get stuck right back into another partial. Normally I just bail out on the second partial because I've got too many damn toons to run LFRs on to waste time killing bosses I don't get anything from for 45 valor. As I see it, the current implementation is compounding the partial LFR issues, not resolving them.

04/09/2013 05:00 AMPosted by Hyto
1. Add a popup like there is on dungeons stating how many bosses are down already.

They had this. It just meant that if a tank or healer left your group you'd never get a replacement. People avoided runs with bosses down.

Now if you kill the last boss, your next queue will likely get you in on a fresh run.

Which is the greater of two the problems? Having to do a partial run and re-queue or having runs in which a tank or healer leaves/kicked not complete.

Thanks for the constructive post and I didn't know that there used to be this feature already.

I think if they did something like make deserter = 1 hour of IN GAME time that more people would stick with LFR's having issues. Also actually putting a mechanic in where it GUARANTEED you a slot IN THE NEXT LFR of the same instance you just completed as a partial (instead of waiting another hour hoping for a fresh run) would perhaps be a better solution than my initial kneejerk reactions in my OP.

Thanks to all the constructive and informative posts in the thread, any reasonable responses are greatly appreciated.
I think the best bet would be that option, after 1 VP earning run for that LFR segment, so those that only need 1 boss can get that one.

On the other hand, it might not be a bad idea to allow people to choose "run for VP" or "run for loot" LFRs are formed from both selections but:

Run for VP: this will put you on the first available run, partial or fresh, and really aside from alts why are most people running the older LFRs?
Run for loot: this will give priority for fresh runs but the longer the queue takes, the more likely you are to get an in progress run.

That may work. There were definitely people that fished for 3/4 in Dragon Soul (particularly healers). Might need to offer more VP per LFR to make that attractive. My last 5-man was 13 min for 80VP.
I've never not had a fresh run when requeueing on any of my toons after completing a partial run.

I think people fail to realize that if we could choose to not accept a partial run, if any dps player with long queues is needed they will never accept it and no runs would ever finish.
04/12/2013 06:25 AMPosted by Caletta

Well they could make it so tanks and healers don't have the option of refusing partials since the queue times for them to finish a raid isn't as big an issue. Just make it so dps has option - wouldn't that be the best of both worlds ?

Then its a fairness issue. Why do the dps get only fresh runs while the tanks and healers, which are far more needed, have to sit through partial runs?

Aside from that, GC tweeted a lot about the issue. The more checks you put in, the longer queues go up, no matter how simple the check may seem. Even dps pickin fresh runs only would cause queue times to go up because you'd have a large portion of the community only wantin fresh runs, meanin any dps that need to leave midway for whatever reason take longer to fill. Yes, it happens.

Once waited 10 minutes to fill 8 dps slots in an lfr. Was the strangest thing ever.
That system sounds bad...What if both a dps and tank need gear only off the first boss? Dps gets to guarantee they see that boss first and only have to do that 1 each week, tanks and heals have to hope?
On my tank I got into an LFR that had downed the first two bosses and I needed the first two, so I kindly asked for them to remove me as I did not want the 30 minute debuff
but they refused. So, I never moved from my original spot, they killed the last boss and I got free valor and gear. Then I got to queue again.

Just stand still to be kicked or allow them to kill a boss for free valor and gear while watching tv or surfing the Internet.
I can't see how it makes much difference for healers and tanks 'sitting' through partial runs when doing the actual raid takes much the same time whether or not you do the last boss first then the two first bosses or doing all three bosses in order. It is the WAITING TIME in queue that is different. The system right now is extremely unfair to the majority of ppl which is dps !!

Think of it as incentive to play the more needed roles.
OP: you post fills a well-needed gap in this forum.
On my tank I got into an LFR that had downed the first two bosses and I needed the first two, so I kindly asked for them to remove me as I did not want the 30 minute debuff
but they refused. So, I never moved from my original spot, they killed the last boss and I got free valor and gear. Then I got to queue again.

Just stand still to be kicked or allow them to kill a boss for free valor and gear while watching tv or surfing the Internet.

And you're part of the reason LFR can be so painful at times. If you hadn't downed that last boss yet, what's the harm in finishing the instance and requeing? Had you gotten a fresh run you would have had to down him after the first two anyways, in this case you would have requed, downed the first two than dropped group. You're just a douchebag imo.

The failed logic in threads like these just blows my f*n mind sometimes.

I've personally gotten maybe 2 partial runs after completing an instance since the increased chance for a fresh run was implemented during Cata, and that was when I requed a day or two after finishing it the first time. It has NEVER happened on any of my characters when I chain-qued. (Between Cata + MoP and a ton of alts that's over 300 LFR runs)

Then its a fairness issue. Why do the dps get only fresh runs while the tanks and healers, which are far more needed, have to sit through partial runs?
Aside from that, GC tweeted a lot about the issue. The more checks you put in, the longer queues go up, no matter how simple the check may seem. Even dps pickin fresh runs only would cause queue times to go up because you'd have a large portion of the community only wantin fresh runs, meanin any dps that need to leave midway for whatever reason take longer to fill. Yes, it happens.

Once waited 10 minutes to fill 8 dps slots in an lfr. Was the strangest thing ever.

I can't see how it makes much difference for healers and tanks 'sitting' through partial runs when doing the actual raid takes much the same time whether or not you do the last boss first then the two first bosses or doing all three bosses in order. It is the WAITING TIME in queue that is different. The system right now is extremely unfair to the majority of ppl which is dps !!

You may not realize this, but penalizing the people that agree to do the more difficult jobs will not shorten your queue.

And yes it is possible to complete an in-progress run and requeue only to get another in-progress run. It's happened to me several times. There isn't a perfect solution that Blizz can do though, so we just have to deal with what we have.
I think they compounded the problem in 5.2 by creating a faction whose rep you can only get through raiding. If they hadn't done this I know I wouldn't be doing half the raids I am and would be a much more satisified customer of their service.

Not sure if serious