Aspect of the Pack grieving

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Hmmm this just happened in my LFR group. A hunter decided to derp out and keep Aspect on his group. Is there a way out of this?
Other than ask the hunter to turn it off and vote kick them if they don't, there is no way to stop it from happening.
Kick the hunter. Many addons these days tell you who is giving the buff. Just ask publicly, "Hunterjoe, please turn off pack." If he complies, we're all good. If not, ask again. If not, say, "vote to kick on hunterjoe, afk w/ pack on." You'll be surprised how fast everybody else responds to that one.
Well we would love to, but when the kids start arguing mid-fight and the hunter turns on aspect just to piss off his group, there should be something in place to stop it from affecting his group.
there should be something in place to stop it from affecting his group.

No, there shouldn't. People are going to grief. I hate the idea that we deal with griefers by having blizzard hardcode our behavior for us. Blizzard has given us ways to deal with it. What would be nice would be if blizzard came down harder on these people, but Im not holding my breath.

But in all honesty, griefers are the exception, not the rule. Even if there is only 1 griefer in every other lfr, thats 1 in 50 or only 2% of the population. Even in those terms that seems a little high to say 1 in 50 players in WoW are griefers (yes, it does seem like that some times, but really think about what that means when you are out there). Should we demand blizzard changes the way spells work and codes in blocks that will prevent people from properly using the spells because less than 2% of the population are jerks?
Let us right-click off aspects.

Boom. Done. Problem solved.

Now, it'd be even easier if people could just stop being dumb/getting kicks out of being an !@#, but that'll never happen.
If this happens I demand a way to stop priests from lifegrip trolling.....

Although when Elegon was released.....the lulz that were had.
As a hunter...I wish aspect of the pack was removed from the game. Other hunters using it have caused some close calls on getting me kicked. Usually when the raid can't figure out who did it and wants to "kick all hunters".
Let us right-click off aspects.

Boom. Done. Problem solved.

Now, it'd be even easier if people could just stop being dumb/getting kicks out of being an !@#, but that'll never happen.

This. Ideally they should fix auras (Which might be hard, because they're old tech).
Why are we grieving for Aspect again?
Kick the hunter. Many addons these days tell you who is giving the buff. Just ask publicly, "Hunterjoe, please turn off pack." If he complies, we're all good. If not, ask again. If not, say, "vote to kick on hunterjoe, afk w/ pack on." You'll be surprised how fast everybody else responds to that one.

That's like asking the moron dispelling on Magera to not dispel in the raid.
As a hunter...I wish aspect of the pack was removed from the game. Other hunters using it have caused some close calls on getting me kicked. Usually when the raid can't figure out who did it and wants to "kick all hunters".

I've experienced the same thing... though even without addons its easy to see who is causing the problem. Check which hunters don't have Hawk or Ironhawk...then you have your culprit.
04/10/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Khahan
No, there shouldn't.

Not sure why you're pro-grief. It's not a smart exploitation of a game mechanic to make your opponent's life harder, it's an exploitation of a game mechanic to make your own group's life harder.

The thing is, it's a negative customer experience, especially for the innocent people in the hunter's group who probably didn't start it, can't stop it, and ended up with no ways to deal with it.

It'll be great if something can be done about it.
I don't see what the point of doing it is, though. OK, you won't take it off, so you will be kicked. Every time this has happened in a group I've been in, the hunter gets kicked (or all the hunters get kicked). Is this just a way to avoid a deserter debuff? It seems like a low return sort of douchebaggery.