Hunter PvP in patch 5.3

Hunter
Give the community your thoughts.
Gonna be much better because we wont be funneled into BM. I dont play BM anyways but as MM Ill get 2 stuns via binding shot and intimidation. Im stoked.
Gonna be much better because we wont be funneled into BM. I dont play BM anyways but as MM Ill get 2 stuns via binding shot and intimidation. Im stoked.

2 stuns on the same DR. one of them reliant on the person running away from the place where you stunned them. the other reliant on your pet. probably the most unreliable stuns in the game.

plus in order to get intimidate you'll need to give up silencing shot.
Yea I read that wrong my bad, regardless, binding shot isnt unreliable at all. How often will melee move? How often will casters move? Movement is a huge part of pvp now, not to mention if they try to be slick and just stand there you can put an explosion trap on them and force them out. Its all about strategy. And if you take silencing shot over intimidation, its really no different except intimidation relies on pets. You could space them out also, intimidation has a 1 min cd, why not use that first, then when you need to kite melee or a mage trying to nova you, binding shot, let them eat that stun trying to get to you.
I'm sad about the blink strike change. BW->Blink strike-> KC was op.

probably the most unreliable stuns in the game.

Capacitor Totem would like to have a word with you.
I really don't get the reason to remove our aoe cc for most specs but leave it for other classes(shadow fury, shockwave, etc). I used to play MM pvp but it was not the lack of cc but the horrible burst that make me avoid it. Binding shot is great in bgs for stripping support from enemy flag carriers. I guess we'll have to live with it like ret pallies did when they lost one of their stuns.
What we get on 5.3 for all 3 specs so far:

- BM: losing intimidation (never liked it anyway) and puting it into t2 talents. Totally unfair, they might as well remove it from game on 1st place Or give it 30sec cd and 5sec stun to be fair with what all other classes have and be competent with the rest t2 talents
- MM: getting binding shot as signature ability: welcome buff but still doesnot fix the issues that make mm worse than bm (burst and uptime on the target, too much steady shot dependent to get the buffs-procs, while bm has it all automatic in a package)
-SV: getting the middle finger as usually, no signature self heal,no dispell protection, 0 utility except the aoe root. They were too busy giving dispell protection to lock's haunt. Better luck next expansion SV.

All 3 specs: more consistent damage through the 10% buff to ap, the new pvp set bonus and perhaps the new blink strike but less bursty (or much less bursty) on cds.

I wish they fix mm cause i really dont wanna play bm for another 4 months
- BM: losing intimidation (never liked it anyway) and puting it into t2 talents. Totally unfair, they might as well remove it from game on 1st place Or give it 30sec cd and 5sec stun to be fair with what all other classes have and be competent with the rest t2 talents

Even removing it from the swing timer, and making it work similar to the Bat's Stun (i.e. ranged, activates instantly) would be a huge step in the right direction. Having it default to the player's target (and not the pet's) would be icing on the cake.

- MM: getting binding shot as signature ability: welcome buff but still doesnot fix the issues that make mm worse than bm (burst and uptime on the target, too much steady shot dependent to get the buffs-procs, while bm has it all automatic in a package)

Note: BM has to rely on Cobra Shot so it has Focus to spam Arcane Shot that triggers a bunch of that "automated" damage, seriously, BM does push its buttons, it isn't /petattack -> /win

They opted to nerf BM, and buff MM (Binding Shot free is a buff)
Yeah seems like bm hunters are getting a nerf its not a crazy nerf but its a pretty soild nerf

we lose: burst dmg of blink stike, a stun and powershot dmg
however our constant dmg goes up a little I can't see this being that useful in pvp but it is what it is I doubt they will take away these changes. But before we get to sad shadow preist go down with us! Also we will almost for sure still be viable in arena.
What we get on 5.3 for all 3 specs so far:

-SV: getting the middle finger as usually, no signature self heal,no dispell protection, 0 utility except the aoe root. They were too busy giving dispell protection to lock's haunt. Better luck next expansion SV.

All 3 specs: more consistent damage through the 10% buff to ap, the new pvp set bonus and perhaps the new blink strike but less bursty (or much less bursty) on cds.

About the only intelligent assessment of Hunters I have seen. The irony is even with all the smug hatred from MM towards BM we are seeing in the forums, MM still isn't going to be all that viable in PvP.

binding shot isn't reliable in the way a hoj or deep is, but instead of:

scatter -> everyone runs in to eat trap -> narrow escape -> explosive trap -> trap healer, nobody can eat

we'll have

scatter -> everyone runs in -> binding shot -> explosive trap -> trap healer

and can take CTHC for shorter disengage and shorter deterrence, or stick with narrow escape for more trapping options/the root in general
I am curious how pvp will be in 5.3. I only BM and think BM will still be the best pvp spec.

Blink strike changes should improve overall pet damage considerably.

The 10% more AP is huge. That is a lot of scaled damage.

Losing Intimidate hurts but I typicaly only use it on my kill target anyways to keep it from kiting and to peel. So while it hurts I wouldnt say it is gonna wreck the spec.

The pet CC nerf on top is kinda rediculas.

The 2 piece bonus nerf is overall gonna be more damage but less burst which sucks but with the AP bonus overall we should be hitting for consistantly more all the time. And with this change as well rotating our offensive cooldowns will keep pressure higher overall. Rapid fire should no longer be on one burst macro.

I find in arena maintaining pressure is just as important as actual burst. Timing your CC's is more important than the actual burst itself. Which we will still have some burst. KC, Glaive, and Kill shot.

So it is hard to say what the effects will be forsure but I expect us to hit even harder over a match and have slightly less CC. Which should be fine.

Frost DK dps with much more utility/CC sounds non too shabby.
04/16/2013 07:12 PMPosted by Cocorosie

binding shot isn't reliable in the way a hoj or deep is, but instead of:

scatter -> everyone runs in to eat trap -> narrow escape -> explosive trap -> trap healer, nobody can eat

we'll have

scatter -> everyone runs in -> binding shot -> explosive trap -> trap healer

and can take CTHC for shorter disengage and shorter deterrence, or stick with narrow escape for more trapping options/the root in general

someones been watching the new tosan video.

Nobody will actually do that lol. Trappin on a 3 second web wrap is cutting it close enough especially against orc healers. Binding shot stuns for 3 seconds in pvp, and will most likely stun the target half way through the explosive trap knockback, which means you have to wait another half a second to a second for them to land where they got knocked back and then place the trap, by then only 1-2 seconds of the stun will be remaining and he will just walk out of the way before the trap even arms.

Capacitor Totem would like to have a word with you.

lol that totem is far more useful than intimidation ever was.

I will still run silencing shot over intimidation. Ranged blanket silence is just to good. The blinding shot is going to be melee defense. Shoot it at your feet and trap that annoying little rogue. It will also have more potential for RBGS.
What I'm looking at is the suggestion that wild quiver might become passive. This is complete and utter speculation which you can hate all you want but this has been datamined.

Wild Quiver (New) Deals ranged weapon damage. Requires Crossbows. Hunter - Marksmanship Spec. 100 yd range.

To me aside from the fact it might be part of tool tip error fix (crossbows only?). This could in fact suggest that we are getting a new mastery for MM. I could also just be grasping at fading strings of hope.