Open Libram LXXV: Holy TV, MOAR HIT?!

Paladin
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
Well I'm glad its not just me then
tried to take the train to work today. entire system is shut down. cause terrorists.
tried to take the train to work today. entire system is shut down. cause terrorists.

Gotta be safe bro.
You on the east coast Vlad? Be safe
That is scary. Hope any Libramites in Boston are safe :x

And a lighter note: I need to stop looking at loot tables. The more items I see with hit, the more of a headache I'm getting. Itemization this tier seems intentionally designed to screw anyone trying to maximize their stats.
You on the east coast Vlad? Be safe

i do, lived in boston my entire life.
i'm weirded out more then anything. i don't live that far away from watertown.
Thats crazy, hopefully they catch this last guy soon
hello again paladin friends! i finally did an lfr run and got plenty of loot, none of which was tier gear (qq).

that said, it's pretty fun, except that the third chunk of the dungeon is basically summed up as 'red things explode and happen on a red floor in big red rooms with red ambient light gee i wonder what is actually going on but oh well the boss died gg'. seriously, i killed the whole place on tuesday and i still don't know what the hell is happening with the big red glop guy or the angry lizard gollum or the eyeball guy (purple on purple! so clever blizzard, obscuring the death mechanics by making them the same damn color as the floor they're on!') or anything.

real world stuff in the last few days is infuriating in that much of it was been senseless. :<

that said, i hope all of you are safe and doing well.
New Daft Punk single is everything I wanted it to be. <3

oh, also this! i am definitely looking forward to this stuff, especially given that the discovery track was THE album of my college experience. :D
Regarding tunes, I've recently been using the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack as my PvP music.
Healer coverage seems especially tight on 10 man towards the end of that fight.

Considering that's where we keep falling apart I have to agree.

We've got the coordination down perfectly across the raid group. We just either die to the Healers pittering out or our dispeller messing up dispels.

When it comes down too it our Healers are just going to have to pick it up, this is a challenging Healer fight and two out of our three at least aren't rising too the challenge. Our Hybrids are doing everything they can.

Bah, I just wanted to vent about it a bit. Just my normal woes with my guild.

have only one healer be in charge of dispels and be communicative about raid cooldowns during rampage. those are the two things that i think are key to that fight.

We do have one healer in charge and we have our raid CD's down pat. Like I said our Healers just have to step it up I guess.

No reason we shouldn't be able to kill this.

Sorry I had to rant

This is why I'm a firm believer in Loot Council. There are no rolls on gear in my raid group or DKP or anything else. It goes to council and the upgrade is handed out where it will most benefit the raid group.

If people want to get uppity and care more about their personal gear progression then what's best for the raid group as a whole they get smacked.

In the face.

real world stuff in the last few days is infuriating in that much of it was been senseless. :<

Indeed, those of you in the NE be safe.

Crazy times.
New Daft Punk single is everything I wanted it to be. <3

And why did you fail to link it?

04/19/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
This is why I'm a firm believer in Loot Council.

Well the thing is we go by rolls and have a 'loot council' though they rarely council on drops, I honestly cant remember the last time they made a decision on a piece. I mean I know it would be annoying to track whos won what, but I think its not reasonable to notice a trend when gear is being handed out when it seems like its the same names over and over.

Meh, I <3 my guild to death, but that doesnt mean I dont have a gripe or two.
but that doesnt mean I dont have a gripe or two.

I have like a billion and I'm really vocal about it to my guild. Good times.

But seriously for this gripe I would give your guild a kick in the pants, loot council is just the way to go.

As long as the council isn't retarded it is by far the fairest way to distribute gear and the most benefical way for the raid group as a whole.
My only current gripe with my guild, aside from our slow progress, is the fact that I contribute more to raid strategy and getting !@#$ together than most of our officers, but have no rank to show for it.

Even then it wouldn't be a problem, because whoopty-do guild rank, who cares, but they keep discussing strategy in officer chat where I can't contribute or correct them.
but have no rank to show for it.

Working from the shadows is best. <_<

Seriously only two of my guilds officers are deserving of the title, and ones the GM.

but they keep discussing strategy in officer chat where I can't contribute or correct them.

That does sound annoying, I work directly with our one good officer so I always know what's going on even if I can't see the chat.

Dance puppets, dance.

/evil grin
That does sound annoying, I work directly with our one good officer so I always know what's going on even if I can't see the chat.

Well same, I've got the healer officer in my corner, but still.
Regarding tunes, I've recently been using the Metal Gear Rising soundtrack as my PvP music.

Metal Gear Rising has some good music, but I prefer heavy metal from bands like Rhapsody and Manowar when PvPing.

I really need to PvP again some time, haven't even logged on in awhile. :|
We do have one healer in charge and we have our raid CD's down pat. Like I said our Healers just have to step it up I guess.

yeah, megara is very much a numbers fight, if you can't produce the numbers for whatever reason you are going to have a hard time.

i don't think there are too many fights this tier that are pure numbers fights, most are much more mechanics and execution fights.

04/19/2013 11:07 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
This is why I'm a firm believer in Loot Council.

i've probably raided with every gear distribution system under the sun and i still swear by dkp. loot council is to easy to subvert, rolls are to random. i liked epgp when i was in a guild that used it, but dkp is so standardized and once you put the safeguards in place to stop people hoarding it it works very well.

no loot system is perfect though.
loot council is to easy to subvert

It can be, pretty easy for it to go corrupt I suppose. But as long as it's kept honest I still think it's the best system.