Nobody Enjoys The Paladin Inquisition!

Paladin
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
OP's class shouldn't matter, as their opinion regardless is valid. I think a lot of people are missing the point here. They are not saying that Inquisition is too hard to keep up, or that ret is too hard to play. They are saying that it's not FUN, which I totally agree with. It's sort of like warriors's shield block and paladin's holy shield back in Burning Crusade: having to meticulously keep a buff up every 10-20 seconds just isn't fun, especially a passive buff that just gives "more numbers". It has no real visible effect, other than bigger or smaller numbers. TO most people, that's not FUN.

I agree here, as it's just a flat damage increase and crit increase. Stuff like that might as well be baked in, because I'd much rather use a cool, flashy ability with my three holy power than have to waste it maintaining a boring 30 second buff just to remain competitive DPS-wise. It's just not FUN. Does that mean it's hard? Not really. It's not exciting, either.

Also, what's the deal with ret AoE? Almost every other class I can think of has on-demand AoE almost whenever they want it, even other 2H classes like Arms warriors and Death Knight. Why do we need to blow holy power on an incredibly weak AoE ability when other classes have it pretty much whenever they want? Seal of Righteousness hardly feels effective at 9% weapon damage, as well. I really think the class could use flashier AoE, or put divine storm back on a cooldown or something like it was back in Wrath. It's another aspect of the class I find to be unfun when compared with other class AoE abilities.

I agree with all of this wholeheartedly. All of it, put divine storm back in the rotation and make it give us hp, fiddle with the numbers of course.

Then either make Inq DO something (as a finisher, expensive as it is timewise to maintain every 30 seconds) other than make it feel like a waste of time. Or remove it and make it so my first 3 hp generators every time I start combat are at full potential (instead of using 3 weakened moves because I can't start out with Inq. up).
You know, I bet Inq could be a flat 400% damage increase buff and people would still whine about having to spend resources on it and refresh it every so often.
You know, I bet Inq could be a flat 400% damage increase buff and people would still whine about having to spend resources on it and refresh it every so often.

It's not on demand damage, what a waste of HPs. bahhhumbug
04/23/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Lobster
Then either make Inq DO something (as a finisher, expensive as it is timewise to maintain every 30 seconds) other than make it feel like a waste of time. Or remove it and make it so my first 3 hp generators every time I start combat are at full potential (instead of using 3 weakened moves because I can't start out with Inq. up).

Free 10% crit and substantially increased holy damage is a waste of time? Well ok then..... Enjoy your DPS lol.

Or lack there of
04/23/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Lobster

Free 10% crit and substantially increased holy damage is a waste of time? Well ok then..... Enjoy your DPS lol.

I think you missed the part where there is nothing fun (to me and alot of others) and also the part where I said I don't want my abilities to be subpar until I put up the "free 10% crit and increased holy damage" maint. buff. I am sure you were too busy enjoying inq. to notice (as I guess you enjoy it and its fun for you).

The spec spent a long time without it and doesn't need it to survive, just a matter of playing with the numbers.
Without Inq, we're faceroll; we need it, so deal with it or reroll.

Hey now, if it makes me OP then its fun... no seriously, yes it would still be not fun if it was 400%, maint. buffs like slice and dice and inq. are not fun to me and apparently a lot of other people. It will be ok if we disagree, although most people that say inq. is ok, really don't mind it, they aren't really strongly for it... they just don't mind. At least from what I see here and other threads.

Didn't have it before, don't need it now, and i'll complain about it if I want, that's what the forums are for. In your words "deal with it". Oh and as far as reroll, lol I already have every class 85+ except for a monk and that's in the works.
04/23/2013 02:46 PMPosted by Arkidan

Didn't have it before, don't need it now, and i'll complain about it if I want, that's what the forums before. In your words "deal with it". Oh and as far as reroll, lol I already have every class 85+ except for a monk and that's in the works.

Then find something you enjoy and stick with it, and stow all the whining; I enjoy Ret and have stuck with it since BC and will continue to stick with it. We didn't have Inq in Wrath, no, but we very sorely needed it then; in BC/Vanilla it was all about managing Seals, and now it's about managing Inq. It's a skill check - a very minor one, but a skill check nonetheless. It is necessary.
Didn't have it before, don't need it now, and i'll complain about it if I want, that's what the forums are fore. In your words "deal with it". Oh and as far as reroll, lol I already have every class 85+ except for a monk and that's in the works.

Well considering Ret only became a real spec in Wrath, we've had it longer than we didn't have it as an effective DPS spec. (Wrath vs Cata + MoP)

So continue being bad.
04/23/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Grôgnárd

Didn't have it before, don't need it now, and i'll complain about it if I want, that's what the forums before. In your words "deal with it". Oh and as far as reroll, lol I already have every class 85+ except for a monk and that's in the works.

Then find something you enjoy and stick with it, and stow all the whining; I enjoy Ret and have stuck with it since BC and will continue to stick with it. We didn't have Inq in Wrath, no, but we very sorely needed it then; in BC/Vanilla it was all about managing Seals, and now it's about managing Inq. It's a skill check - a very minor one, but a skill check nonetheless. It is necessary.

I am glad you enjoy it, I enjoy ret and have stuck with it since Vanilla. We didn't need it then, we still don't need it. I find it funny that people think its a "skill" check when most of you also say it takes no skill to keep up (and that would be correct, it doesn't take skill, its an annoyance). It's not necessary at all, people were competent with the class before it came along. There would be competent players if it was gone.

Also if something is not fun/enjoyable in a game I play to enjoy, I complain about it (whine in your words). If you don't like it, move along, no need to read it. You already knew what the thread was about.
04/23/2013 02:52 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Didn't have it before, don't need it now, and i'll complain about it if I want, that's what the forums are fore. In your words "deal with it". Oh and as far as reroll, lol I already have every class 85+ except for a monk and that's in the works.

Well considering Ret only became a real spec in Wrath, we've had it longer than we didn't have it as an effective DPS spec. (Wrath vs Cata + MoP)

So continue being bad.

Feel free to come over to DS and show me what you can do champ! Show me how pro you are, im ok with you calling me bad, kind of funny, but hey I need laughs.
We didn't need it then, we still don't need it

What? We needed a lot in vanilla, you cant say you dont need it when you have nothing. Though I suppose you could argue you didnt need it since we had nothing to make better since we had nothing. Ret wasn't a thing in Vanilla

Feel free to come over to DS and show me what you can do champ! Show me how pro you are, im ok with you calling me bad, kind of funny, but hey I need laughs

Easy there tough guy.
Unless you want to play an Arcane Mage, a Frost DK, or a Fury Warrior, everything else that I've played has some form of skill check to make it at least a very slight challenge to perform correctly. Perhaps you should simply try a different game, since anything even remotely verging on something nearing a challenge seems to be "not fun" for you.

I hear Marvel Heroes will be out in a month or so, I'd recommend Iron Man.
Unless you want to play an Arcane Mage, a Frost DK, or a Fury Warrior, everything else that I've played has some form of skill check to make it at least a very slight challenge to perform correctly. Perhaps you should simply try a different game, since anything even remotely verging on something nearing a challenge seems to be "not fun" for you.

I hear Marvel Heroes will be out in a month or so, I'd recommend Iron Man.

How you came up with this from the fact I don't like inq. AND play all the classes is pretty impressive, I think it shows your logic well. gg

Also if other classes "skill" checks (still makes me laugh ppl call inq. this and then say it takes no skill to keep up) are fun, and inq. isn't fun, then i am still going to complain that inq. isn't fun, cause its not.
How you came up with this from the fact I don't like inq. AND play all the classes is pretty impressive, I think it shows your logic well. gg

So you like Savage Roar and Rupture/slice n dice then? You find those fun?

Rupture doesn't count; it actually makes numbers.
04/23/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Paladinchaz

I actually do enjoy slice and dice quite a bit, it feels right. But of course rogues put up dots much faster than pallies do. Rupture feels right as well, although I don't use it nearly as much as I probly should. Rogues are one of my least favorite classes to play along with locks and shammies.

Only play heals on my druid so I have nothing to say about Savage roar. Only so much time in the year to play wow. =(
But of course rogues put up dots much faster than pallies do

Your lack of haste might make it seem that way, but its mostly untrue