Tricks of Our Trade: .. I am out of Shurikens

Rogue
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
The shurkin factory really needs to amp up production. I mean we are Throwing a lot of them aren't we!?
They should make Deadly Throw deal bleed damage every 2s for like 10s.

Then, Assassination and Subtlety wouldn't be as hindered from being at range as they'd get their benefits. Venomous Wounds and Sanguinary Vein. Would also make Deadly Throw (and in turn, Shuriken Toss) more attractive for PVE.
I just noticed something during the final scenario on the Isle of Thunder.

Lorthemar has 524mill HP. Jaina has 279m. He would totally destroy her in a fight.
I would argue we absolutely do not need any ranged buffs. We do quite a bit of damage already.

Also, Jaina is a badass mage. A simple health difference won't effect her.
I would argue we absolutely do not need any ranged buffs. We do quite a bit of damage already.

Yeah, we really don't need added benefits to our ranged abilities. DT is really only suppose to act as a ranged interrupt anyways.
They should just remove st and make deadly throw baseline again.
We have a few combo points on a target, they blink, we either use our combo points to interrupt or save for when we get back on them, it would be fine.
Imo they should make DT baseline again drop the interrupt from it and give Combat back Throwing Spec, Imp Kick, Imp Gouge, Imp Sprint, Blade Twisting, and make Kidney Shot trigger Restless Blades.
Make me the cc king again... I miss that.
Blizzard has this thing for trying to get Shuriken Toss in PVE. So, I imagine things are probably just going to escalate till there's a crash. In PVP, I imagine it's always going to be in the spot where it's either good enough to use or worthless and they'll never find the middle ground.
I can't see it ever working out. But, hey. Who knows.

Also, Jaina is a badass mage. A simple health difference won't effect her.

Psha. Lorthemar is a badass ah. . .
Well, according to wowpedia he's a Hunter/Paladin?
Dude. Jaina just a Mage. Lorthemar's a multi-class! He would totally win!
Unless ST takes on the aspect of the other talents I won't ever pve with it. It has its niche; Blizz should stop trying.

Mage though, c'mon. Jaina's been studying all these years while he's just standing around being Regent lord of Silvermoon and nothing's changed there.
That's it. Now Blizzard needs to have a cinematic (top quality, not in-game graphics) of Lorthamar fighting Jaina with one of them clearly winning the fight(so there's no confusion).
DT shouldn't be baseline, imo. Keep it how it is now. It gives that tier actual flexibility and choice.
True. But, I thought the idea was apples to apples comparisons. Deadly Throw is kind of out of place.

Hey. Maybe they could remove Shuriken Toss and put Deadly Throw in it's place. lol
True. But, I thought the idea was apples to apples comparisons. Deadly Throw is kind of out of place.

Hey. Maybe they could remove Shuriken Toss and put Deadly Throw in it's place. lol
That sounds cool to me. It would require some serious reworking and buffing but yeah that could be cool.
That sounds cool to me. It would require some serious reworking and buffing but yeah that could be cool.

It would be an un-needed overhaul to do. imo
04/15/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Frai

It would be an un-needed overhaul to do. imo
Yeah, I'm just pretty sick of ST's existence and would like to see it go away forever.
Yeah, I'm just pretty sick of ST's existence and would like to see it go away forever.

I like ST, but I dislike how people are going about using it. They shouldn't have add the 10 yard modifier to it as well.
04/15/2013 01:39 PMPosted by Frai

I like ST, but I dislike how people are going about using it. They shouldn't have add the 10 yard modifier to it as well.
You know... yeah. I liked when it was just cheap ranged cp that could proc a snare, this enabling auto-attacks and sustaining lots of dmg at range is just not right.
People cried too much about it procing the snare though. Nobody likes to eat the para stun from 30 yards away and have a rogue walk right up to them, then kidney dance them.
People cried too much about it procing the snare though. Nobody likes to eat the para stun from 30 yards away and have a rogue walk right up to them, then kidney dance them.
People are crying waaaay more about it now.
I can agree with the with the non-lethal not proc'ing anymore for that reason.

I still like the idea of it remaining how it is now, but having a charge system instead. Such as how warriors have charges for their.. charge.