Gold bags... Appreciate them please...

General Discussion
I wish I got them in PVP :( Currently the only way (that is steady, no darkmoon faire items aren't) is honor capping an enchanter and getting some DE mats :/. Gold bags can be mediocre in LFR a but It is better than the nothing I get for pvp. I would much rather suffer durability for deaths in pvp and be able to get some gold from it than currently suffering some durability with 0 gold.

I miss the pvp dailies... they need some small form of gold that wont supply botters but still allows pvpers their farm for gems enchants respecs and repairs.

/rant
/wah
You also don't take massive durability loss in PvP.

Just sayin'.
You can also look at it this way - You still get to do the raids, receive a monetary reward, and some Valor points that go towards your next big item. Sometimes, you get a new item upgrade!

Compare this to Vanilla WoW, or other games on the market, and you get to do - Dozens of hours of work for little to no reward, and a raiding experience that is arguably not as refined and exciting as what we receive.

Even in PvP, your honor and conquest can go towards purchasing cheap items to vendor for gold, purchasing tradeskill goods to put on the AH (See how much Hypnotic Dust goes for!), and new items to upgrade your character. In other games (and even Vanilla) you had to do all of the aforementioned PvE stuff to get some great PvP gear.

I think a lot of us need to sit back and appreciate what we have.

Just sayin'.
I get 50 gold repairs after tanking an LFR, at most. I guess if you were capping determination they get "Massive".

People can argue "Just buy the daggers" for the no gold for PvP issue. Except for PvE'rs get gold for doing content. And JP, which can be used to buy the Saronites, which sell for around 100g each (At least). Basically, PvE players get gold without spending their currency, we get gold for spending ours. I don't see how that's remotely fair.
Its not massive but it definitely adds up. I would prefer the exchange of dying in pvp gives 8% (cant break in pvp but breaks right after a match to be fair) and I can actually get gold. This would also reward proper play instead of farming which I have heard can be a problem in LFR, people wiping because no one reads up on fights, although I haven't experienced it much.

That being said, I understand your point especially for serious pver's wiping learning new heroic content, thats why I would suggest that the reward be minimal for pvp, but enough nonetheless. When I need cash I get on my pve toons and probably slow down your pve groups in doing so because of my loathing of pve content. Seems counterproductive to me.

That is all.

Just sayin'.
I get 50 gold repairs after tanking an LFR, at most. I guess if you were capping determination they get "Massive".

People can argue "Just buy the daggers" for the no gold for PvP issue. Except for PvE'rs get gold for doing content. And JP, which can be used to buy the Saronites, which sell for around 100g each (At least).

I see you haven't done much ToT LFR.
Unless your group is full of window-licking morons, you shouldn't be wiping more than three times. ToT isn't the only LFR that gives gold, anyway. They all do, and I haven't seen a wipe in MSV since people figured out how to do Feng.
The amount of money you spend on repairs after a half dozen wipes on the most current bosses pales in comparison to the amount of gold you collect from the weekly first-run incentive+boss cash drops+loot bag gold from the dozen or so other bosses you downed with no problem.
04/17/2013 01:13 PMPosted by Karob
Unless your group is full of window-licking morons, you shouldn't be wiping more than three times. ToT isn't the only LFR that gives gold, anyway. They all do, and I haven't seen a wipe in MSV since people figured out how to do Feng.

Honestly you really shouldn't talk about window licking morons until you do at least 1 full ToT clear in LFR.

It's not your grandpa's LFR. People actually have to pay attention to some mechanics and that simply doesn't happen for Durumu, Animus, or Lei Shen.
The amount of gold you can get in pvp covers the cost of durability that you take, noone is getting rich running LFR or LFD btw.
The amount of gold you can get in pvp covers the cost of durability that you take, noone is getting rich running LFR or LFD btw.

Not gonna lie, I'm racking up quite a bit between the extra gold and selling whatever pets/blood spirits I get in my bags...
On the upside, PvP's way more fun to do for long stretches of time. IMO, anyway. But yeah, you have to use PvE to get any significant amount of money. IDK why they nerfed the gold drops out of AV and such from insignias.
The general rule is "If you want gold reward for killing things, you must also accept gold loss for not".

Which is why pve is how it is and pvp is how it is.
The general rule is "If you want gold reward for killing things, you must also accept gold loss for not".

You will actually lose money from merely PvPing over time. Dura is incurred in PvP, just not an additional penalty on death.

At this point, I'd be willing to accept an additional penalty on death as long as it was not as high as the penalty in PvE, because successful PvP still has way more death in it.

You will actually lose money from merely PvPing over time. Dura is incurred in PvP, just not an additional penalty on death.

At this point, I'd be willing to accept an additional penalty on death as long as it was not as high as the penalty in PvE, because successful PvP still has way more death in it.

Well either way if you only focus on aspect of the game you will lose money, the game is designed to be played as a whole not just running BG's or LFR's.
Well either way if you only focus on aspect of the game you will lose money, the game is designed to be played as a whole not just running BG's or LFR's.

Um. I just run LFR/Normals and make plenty of money. I got a Baby Ji Kun the other day and sold that suck for 30k. :/

This is false, if I only focus on pve I gain money. If I focus on pvp only I lose money. If I focus on both I gain slightly less money. Seems to me that if I focus on Pve I always gain money, even if its not a lot some times. I'd rather not be forced to pve just as those who hate pvp would rather not be forced to do that. They aren't, I am. It is as simple as that.
just be glad you dont have to farm rep with a bg faction, and then buy your items with gold. Thats how it used to be, or you got ranked and were able to buy that ranks rewards, still with gold.

anyone here remember the AV rep farm nightmare???? The gsmes lasted days, so the only way to get rep was the quests inside the BG.
just be glad you dont have to farm rep with a bg faction, and then buy your items with gold. Thats how it used to be, or you got ranked and were able to buy that ranks rewards, still with gold.

anyone here remember the AV rep farm nightmare???? The gsmes lasted days, so the only way to get rep was the quests inside the BG.

AV rep was the easiest thing to cap in the game. Everyone and their mother was running around with a Frostwolf Howler, rank 6 trinket, and part of the Unstoppable Force/Immovable Object combo.