Arcane Mage PvP

Mage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsschA41RXc

I cringed at the clicking. ._.

Bish you stole my outfit. ONE of us is going to have to change.
04/29/2013 08:25 PMPosted by Hakuren

Yours is PvE, mine is PvP!
04/29/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Incinerater
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsschA41RXc

Didn't stop me did it? Do you not believe people can be good at clicking? Okay.

Yours is PvE, mine is PvP!

I suppose you do look better in a dress...

Didn't stop me did it? Do you not believe people can be good at clicking? Okay.

Watching you destroy that balance druid in mines was worth it.

Also got a chuckle out of the orb you unleashed into the army of the dead that was training you.
I'm going to stick with Fire as my Main Spec, Arcane Off-Spec. Why i went with Arcane over Frost 'cause it's my preference i'm much more effective with it than frost and plus i find it much more fun. Not having to pop cooldowns to physically drop someone When arcane it's much easier too
I suppose you do look better in a dress...

It really draws away the attention from my face.
Easy solution, roll fire. Combustion cleave FTW!
I went 4 wins and 0 losses last night in rbg's plus I was top on killing blows in each one as arcane sniper. With good team support arcane is far superior. Right before this I tried some 2's with a hunter as frost mage, we lost all the matches to rogues, dks, warriors, druids, etc. The hunter was survival, which I did not try to tell her in arena it's bm baby. One of the girls who like it her way lol.

The rbg team from oQueue wants me back tonight to push for rating, hehe I was their top dps, so I earned my place. Frost relies so much on rng, it's great when you get procs all lined up, but with arcane it all out power all the time. Lol I was killing two at a time with arcane barrage. So much fun!!!
Glad you're enjoying Arcane as do I. I haven't yet tried out Arcane in RBGs but I know it will go very well considering I understand how to play effectively. I especially love EoS as Arcane I hold middle by myself as Horde tries to kill me Also hilarious when Horde players check there Combat Log "What Happened to Me?" and it shows i hit them for over 280k-328k Arcane Barrages 328k is the highest i've yet to hit with a Deep freezed target 280k-300+ is non frozen
These arcane threads are amusing, so many contentious statements.

Arcane can be effective if you're a skilled player, yes, but you will be more effective however if you're equally skilled at playing frost. The reliance on heavy casting for damage is it's downfall, you need to cast much more for equivalent burst and heavy burst is much harder to setup without orb and fingers of frost.

People saying it's not viable are just plain wrong. Everything is viable if you don't mind staying sub-2k forever. :)

Arcane can be effective if you're a skilled player, yes, but you will be more effective however if you're equally skilled at playing frost. The reliance on heavy casting for damage is it's downfall, you need to cast much more for equivalent burst and heavy burst is much harder to setup without orb and fingers of frost.

People saying it's not viable are just plain wrong. Everything is viable if you don't mind staying sub-2k forever. :)

Couldn't have said it any better. Player Skill > Spec

Couldn't have said it any better. Player Skill > Spec

Uh... close enough.
I have a problem with deep freeze, I do get them off and see the crit, but I also get those crits without it. Seems to me deep freeze is more of a cc for me. I am using a haste / crit reforge to, my surprise, it works. I topped all the 5 rbgs we won tonight and last night. We only lost one rbg to a team with 300 points higher rating than us. Anyway my mage is full capped now, getting on my dk for until I get capped for this week. Need to push our rating up too. An oQueue group I found is starting to work towards that goal.

What I meant by deep freeze is I usually want to be able to free cast with my team around me holding off the enemy. Like a sniper I want to be left alone to do my damage. And I started using Ice Ward, so if melee gets a hit on me, they freeze, then I may deep them or I may run away. I guess what I am saying I don't spend a lot of time trying to get deeps like I do as frost. Just feel like I don't need to as arcane is so powerful just getting 4 stacks up, arcane missiles, arcane barrage, mana gem if needed, then nether tempest always on target or a few targets, back to arcane blasts, that is the rotation. Top of charts! Arcane is not for arena or duels, but it's perfect for rbg's with a team that supports you.
I've been playing my mage as arcane more and more lately and I don't plan on going back to frost any time soon, arcane is just too much fun(in randoms and rbgs). Sure, my first arcane blast is weak but the second is 50% better and if I get to the third I very rarely will fail to kill the target moments later.

Arcane stacks carry, you can change targets and stay at 4 stacks as long as you still have mana. Targeting a hunters pet, for example, can keep your stack alive if your target gets out of range. Get to 4 stacks and stay there, save the barrage for a big finish if you're sure it will kill someone and there are no other immediate threats.

Frost requires you to freeze people and if your target is getting trained by your team it will not stay frozen long so you won't be doing much damage aside from random fingers of frost charges. Arcane doesn't suffer from this problem and requires no "no-damage" spells to set up.

Frost - CC then unleash a burst
Arcane - Ramp up and stay at burst levels

It really is about preference and playstyle, both have their strengths. I have many frost mage kills as an arcane mage, and an equal number of deaths, so there is no "best".
Don't forget Arcane can still use Deep Freeze and good old faithful Ice Lance :)
why did this need bumped, no one ever changes their opinion because of threads like these.

If you think arcane is viable, great, do you. You're not going to convince the masses to swap from frost.
03/30/2014 09:43 AMPosted by Dizzee
why did this need bumped
03/30/2014 09:43 AMPosted by Dizzee
If you think arcane is viable, great, do you. You're not going to convince the masses to swap from frost.

This isn't about converting people. It's about sharing experiences and helping one another amongst the community who play Arcane, just like any other community of people.
So start a new thread, quit necro'ing a useless argument.