LAotL Change Suggestion - Fear

Paladin
I like Long Arm of the Law, but I would never use it because it is so weak to fear. Fear already seems like a double cc because you both lose control of your char, plus you path away from from the action.

When you choose LAotL over the other speed talents, it makes fear even more punishing. Speed of Light and the passive speed allow you to get back in position quicker. The fact that you have no speed with LAotL unless you judge makes your return battle take too long, especially when there isnt anyone in range to judge for speed.

So, the suggestion is to have the speed form LAotL kick in after a fear effect is removed or ends.

Im not completely opposed to a glyph for this, but I would really rather see it baked into the talent. I just don't personally see me taking this if the speed is added by glyph .. unless its a minor glyph.
Long arm of the law is much better than either of the other talents vs fear.

Speed of light is too long of a cd to be practical for ret regardless.

PoJ is horrible because you could be at 3 hp then get feared, running 130% in the opposite direction often running out of range of your target then losing a holy power, now you have to run back at a slower speed.

With long arm, you run away at 108% and then you judge and run back at 135%. Even if you get feared with the speed proc up, you wont be running at max speed for the entire fear duration like you would with PoJ.
04/14/2013 09:41 AMPosted by Tenacius
When you choose LAotL over the other speed talents, it makes fear even more punishing. Speed of Light and the passive speed allow you to get back in position quicker. The fact that you have no speed with LAotL unless you judge makes your return battle take too long, especially when there isnt anyone in range to judge for speed.

Are you really comparing LAotL on cd versus Speed of Light off cd? If you've burned SoL, you have a much longer time for it to cycle back around. And PoJ at it's best is unlikely to get you back to a target any faster than LA.
04/14/2013 02:59 PMPosted by Covahredro
With long arm, you run away at 108% a

No it doesn't, that's the boot enchant, which doesn't stack with paladin speed boost.

Right, but if you're using LAotL, you're probably also using the boot enchant.

...however, I can't say I find it common to get feared >40 yards away from any target. If/when that happens, you're going to have a hard time getting back no matter which talent you have. And if you're still within 40 yards, LAotL is at least as good as the other talents for getting back into the fray.
/cancelaura Long Arm of the Law
how about try using it to your advantage vs fear, use it to outrange a few or speed in close to stop the fear

/cancelaura Long Arm of the Law

this too
ps: love you flame <3