Key Points for Trading

Pet Battles
Key Points that I think every trader of Stones and TCG Pets should know. I haven't covered anything related to in game pets that are tradeable due to the volatile nature they can have from server to server and the life of the expansion.. though I am working on ideas for how to have such a post!

So lets get to it:

1) Those stones you need to finish off your collection, most others also need. These ones that you are offering for trade:

Flawless Undead Battle-Stone
Flawless Dragonkin Battle-Stone
Flawless Humanoid Battle-Stone

and to a lesser extent
Flawless Elemental Battle-Stone
Flawless Magic Battle-Stone
Flawless Mechanical Battle-Stone
Flawless Aquatic Battle-Stone

Few people actually are going to need. In their efforts to get the ones below they will usually get enough of them.

2) However, most everyone is searching for (if not now, likely they will be soon):

Flawless Beast Battle-Stone
Flawless Flying Battle-Stone
and to a lesser extent
Flawless Critter Battle-Stone

Why? Cause there are more Beast pets than any other, critter is a close second and there few max level places to farm for Flying stones. So, when thinking I will trade for stones, and you offer up any from 1 for any that are in 2, realize those are going to be extremely rare if ever possibilities.

Flawless Battle-Stone are the crown jewel of stones currently. They can be used obviously to upgrade any pet type. Traders can use these freely and might do so in a trade. But they can also be offered for trade flat out. These trades aren't as common yet, considering many are likely storing them for when they get down to the last few pets to upgrade, they knock them all out regardless of their type at once. After collectors get their collections complete, I'd start to expect more of these to become available.

3) Everyone wants to have Dragon Kite in their collection. It's a status symbol, it's the Ferrari, the Lamborghini, the Bugatti Veyron of the Pet collectors world. Please stop wasting time with ridiculous trades, like anything from 1 for example.

4) Most people should be aware that almost all of the recent TCG Loot pets are the common loot card, but in case you want some numbers, here ya go.

These are the rarer of the TCG Pets (keep in mind the BMAH sells some of these now randomly thus reducing the $$ cost a little)

Dragon Kite 1/363 Booster Packs
Tuskarr Kite 1/132 Booster Packs
Hippogryph Hatchling 1/242 Booster Packs
Soul-Trader Beacon 1/264 Booster Packs
Spectral Tiger Cub 1/264 Booster Packs
Banana Charm 1/242 Booster Packs
Rocket Chicken 1/181 Booster Packs

These are the common pet TCG Loot cards.

Eye of the Legion 1/11 Booster Packs
Gusting Grimoire 1/11 Booster Packs
Landro's Lichling 1/11 Booster Packs
Purple Puffer 1/11 Booster Packs
Grell Moss 1/11 Booster Packs
Sand Scarab 1/11 Booster Packs
Landro's Lil' XT 1/11 Booster Packs
Nightsaber Cub 1/11 Booster Packs

If you are trading for anything in the first list by offer the things in the second, please stop.

5) Bumping a thread offering any of the "deals" outlined here is fairly pointless. Realize what you have, how you attained it, easily or cheaply, and don't expect to sucker someone into thinking it was harder than it was. If you are, then simply shame on you.

Anyway, otherwise, happy trading :)
well done, very nice post.
Thank you for this. Hopefully people will follow your advice.
Can we get a sticky on this? :)

And BTW, if anyone needs critter stones, I've got a bunch I'll trade for some magic stones.
Awsome post,
Good for us noobs out there that dont have a lot to do with TCG cards etc
But would like to round out our collections (just because we are a little OCD)

thanks again for the info
This is a great post, written well and very informative. Thank you for this. Sticky requested.
Shrine flies are great for farming Flying stones. It's touch & go at times, but they do drop.

Had one drop, then another 7 minutes later, went a couple of days until I saw another.
Good info, but I am afraid less 'tude would make it more educational!

We all start out ignorant and grow in our knowledge over time as we research, talk to others, etc... None of us start out knowing this stuff innately, so we are going to get offers from those with less knowledge that we feel are not in line with our expectations or real world costs, we may have even have thrown one or more out ourselves before we knew better. I have found that kindness tends to go a lot further than "facts" accompanied with a condescending attitude.
04/16/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Mellaniè
Good info, but I am afraid less 'tude would make it more educational!

I don't really see any attitude in it personally. I do know people around these parts have some pretty thin skin though.
Good post...attitude and all, IMO. Sometimes a little attitude is what people need to realize that others are sick of their noobish practices. Considering this post wasn't directed at anyone in particular, then there's no reason that anyone should be personally offended. If someone does take offense, that's their own insecurity problem.

My advice: If this post applies to you, use the info within going forward. If it doesn't apply to you, applaud and move on.
Awesome post! I don't find it to be attitude as much as matter-of-fact. Delicate makes some great points and I believe this should be used as a reference for anyone looking to do trades for TCG pets as well as Battle Stones.

There will always be some variation on what people consider more valuable. If you have a love (for lack of a better word) for a pet, but are willing to trade it for something different, you are going to put a higher value on that pet simply because it's something you treasure. For example, my Rocket Chicken was my first TCG pet that I bought, and I bargained with a guy on my server to hold onto it for a couple weeks while I farmed the gold for it. I wouldn't consider parting with it for anything less than some of the top end TCG items, even though it really isn't worth the cost of those by itself.

It is possible to get trades that seem off-kilter (for example trading a Rocket Chicken for a Gusting Grimoire and Eye of the Legion), but if the person trading the higher quality pet places higher value on the lower quality pet(s), they see it as a fair trade, even though we (as the onlooker) do not.

I would love to see what kind of value some of the in-game pets have, such as the panda spirits, raiding with leashes pets, new raid drops from ToT, etc., but I know that can vary by server, and generally start out much higher at the start and rapidly decrease from there as more are introduced to the economy.

But yea, this is a really great post for anyone getting into TCG/Stone trading, and I do hope that a lot of the WTT/WTS/WTB threads take this information into account when posting what they want to trade =) Thank you Delicate!
04/16/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Buffinlovin
Awesome post! I don't find it to be attitude as much as matter-of-fact.

I agree. You just have to realize that we are living in an "Everybody Gets A Trophy Day" society where any and every statement that is not double-sugar-dipped is automatically considered to be completely coated with dog crap and viper venom.
I agree. You just have to realize that we are living in an "Everybody Gets A Trophy Day" society where any and every statement that is not double-sugar-dipped is automatically considered to be completely coated with dog crap and viper venom.

Well with written text, it can be hard to gauge the feeling behind it because there is no inflection, no facial expressions, etc. What one person may consider funny, another person may take it as a direct insult. So I understand (even if I don't agree) why some people get edgy to some comments (that's just a general observation of the forums, not anyone here in particular ^_^)

Back on topic, I noticed that the Flawless BoE All-Purpose stone isn't listed here. While I imagine it would belong in the same category as the Beast/Flying stones, perhaps adding it to the information will just clarify it that tiny bit more :)
Shrine flies are great for farming Flying stones. It's touch & go at times, but they do drop.

Had one drop, then another 7 minutes later, went a couple of days until I saw another.

I was also under the impression that Flying stones weren't that bad to farm (Dragonbone Condors being another spot).

In fact, Mech seems to have a ton more candidates for stoning than flying (or at least I can think of more tradable mech pets worth stoning to use than flying pets).

The funny thing with Undead stones is everyone needs one for a Scourged Whelpling, so it seems rare and a hot commodity; but then you quickly realize there are barely any tradable undead pets that are uncommon (ghost skull, sen'jin fetish is literally the entire list).
Thanks everyone for the great comments!

I ended up leaving off Flawless Battle-Stone due to the sheer rareness of the trade, but I will actually edit the post cause I see the point of it lacking and being slighting out of place.

I will also add some clarity to the comment I had about flying stones :) I realize that you can go to Dragonblight, but I failed to mention the desire to be leveling a pet while farming. And once you get to the 20's or so with most of your pets the 22 -23 isn't as rewarding as the 25's in Pandaria.

But I can take advice as much as I give it :) It's informative and should be included. Thanks!