Are the Zandalari extinct?

Story Forum
I can't wait to see who they bring out as the new leaders of the four Troll nations next Troll expansion.

Fixed.

Seriously, can we have an expansion with no trolls for once? Next one is supposed to be a Burning Legion one, I swear if we go to Argus and there's somehow a tribe of Fel corrupted Trolls there I will unsub.
My guess is the dark spears are related to the dark trolls, who evolved into nightelves.

Darkspears are jungle trolls kicked out of Stranglethorn ages ago by the Gurubashi for reasons I no longer remember.
Zandalar didnt blowup. Its sinking gradually into the waves. Zul predicted it would happen and harassed the Zandalari King till he allowed Zul to prepare the Golden Fleet. When the island started sinking Zul held the only way to survive so the power went to him.

I'd like to see the Fleet sail to Durotar and drop anchor at the Echo Isles to aid the Darkspear, but i don't think it will happen :(
04/18/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Chenwoo
Zandalar didnt blowup. Its sinking gradually into the waves. Zul predicted it would happen and harassed the Zandalari King till he allowed Zul to prepare the Golden Fleet. When the island started sinking Zul held the only way to survive so the power went to him.

I'd like to see the Fleet sail to Durotar and drop anchor at the Echo Isles to aid the Darkspear, but i don't think it will happen :(

The Darkspear turned their backs on the new Troll 'Empire' for the Horde. I'm sure Zul's laughing at them now from those ships.
Shame that they could of been a great addition to the Horde.

I half expected us to kick Zul's !@# in ToT and have Vol'jin round up the stragglers to make this rebellion work, honestly.
Yes, I suppose the Zandalari would be laughing at the Darkspear tribe, given the way Garrosh has treated them like dirt.

I hope at least some of them can survive and join us after we get rid of Garrosh. Getting tired of seeing my people as loot pinatas.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that.
But Blizzard decided they needed more crazy trolls to populate their content and had used up pretty much every other troll tribe, so: evil Zandalaris.

The Zandalari aren't really evil. They're certainly aggressive and can't seem to be reasoned with, but they're only trying to survive.
04/18/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Cártian

I half expected us to kick Zul's !@# in ToT and have Vol'jin round up the stragglers to make this rebellion work, honestly.

Granted, something along those lines might happen, depending on what the next novel brings to light.
04/18/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Cártian

I kind of expected to see Zul show up at some point then teleport out after he's warned us or something.

I wasn't expecting to kill him, but an appearance would have been nice.
04/18/2013 02:03 PMPosted by Reignac
But Blizzard decided they needed more crazy trolls to populate their content and had used up pretty much every other troll tribe, so: evil Zandalaris.

The Zandalari aren't really evil. They're certainly aggressive and can't seem to be reasoned with, but they're only trying to survive.

They're whatever Blizz wants them to be, and Blizz needed evil trolls.

I am burlesquing here, bear in mind. Not by much though. Basically, I think the Blizz people goofed here and wrote the Zandalari into the stupid corner. They didn't have to do this. What's worse: they're not done with this!

I've half a mind of starting a protest to save the trolls outside their offices in Irvine. Their corporate labor policies are deplorable.
04/18/2013 02:53 PMPosted by Sybhyl

I am burlesquing here, bear in mind. Not by much though. Basically, I think the Blizz people goofed here and wrote the Zandalari into the stupid corner. They didn't have to do this. What's worse: they're not done with this!

I've half a mind of starting a protest to save the trolls outside their offices in Irvine. Their corporate labor policies are deplorable.

I kind of got the impression that the Zandalari were isolationists. They only want their own land, and the best possible for the Trolls.

They don't want to deal with other people, but desperate times have called for desperate measures and they've taken to the extreme.
So, yeah: our land is sinking in the ocean. So let's go attack the Horde and Alliance and stupidly kill ourselves!

It's just dumb. And old. And becoming exploitative. The Blizz writers can start picking on somebody else and give the poor trolls a freaking break here. They're going extinct.

Save the Trolls!

But again, they aren't evil.

The Zandalari are antagonists, I'm not denying that. The Zandalari are aggressive and cruel, I'm not denying that. But they're not evil. They just want a home, at the cost of other peoples' homes.

If they're evil, then the Highborne moving in on forest troll land and building Quel'thalas were evil.
lol...

Weren't the Zandalari once good guys in the game? Why did they turn on everyone? I just loved them, the way they talked, the boss fight with Horridon is one of my favorite fights in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfoCq-RssLk

I think the final straw was allowing elfs into the horde... ancient enemies of trolls.
Reignac...I do believe you are entirely missing my point here. Try reading past the label evil.

Also: Save the Trolls!

Also: Save the Trolls!

Makes a protest sign and joins the picket line.
trolls are like !@#$ing rabbits... They'll spring up in the thousands next time they try ta take over da world, mon!
trolls are like !@#$ing rabbits... They'll spring up in the thousands next time they try ta take over da world, mon!

Imagine Scarlet Crusader trolls...
Imagine Scarlet Crusader trolls...

I...don't completely hate that idea.