Basic Elemental Buffs

Shaman
Would be nice if a few things were re assessed about Elemental dps and mechanics mostly in concern with pvp but now drawback to pve.

1. Flame Shock. I think overall the initial damage and DoT damage is a bit low. Also when Flame Shock gets dispelled. our Lava Burst damage is significantly lower. The mechanic is outdated and needs to work more along the lines of immolate, corruption, shadow word pain etc. The cooldown for flame shock needs to be removed.

2. Elemental Blast. While available to all shaman specs its mainly Elemental that uses it. Some Enhance use it i guess. This is a risky spell to hardcast as Elemental. Getting interrupted locks you out of everything. The main problem i see with this spell is the reward for landing this cast doesnt seem high enough. The damage seems a bit low and since Elemental has low crit, it doesnt crit that often. This spell feels very underwhelming considering the risk/cast time involved in landing it. Needs to do more damage, or needs to have a higher chance to crit.
I'm fine with #2 of course, but they had already changed how LvB was calculated back in....5.2? A hotfix? So that it's the same damage with FlS up, but the damage hit you take is less without FlS up. It was specifically for PvP that they did it.
I'm fine with #2 of course, but they had already changed how LvB was calculated back in....5.2? A hotfix? So that it's the same damage with FlS up, but the damage hit you take is less without FlS up. It was specifically for PvP that they did it.

the change to lava burst was to make it always crit regardless if flame shock was on the target however flame shock on the lava burst target increases lava burst damage.

Im talking about flame shock itself. It is elemental's basic dmg spell, which is spammable by every other caster. Its a really outdated mechanic that was relevant like 2 expansions ago.
Im talking about flame shock itself. It is elemental's basic dmg spell, which is spammable by every other caster. Its a really outdated mechanic that was relevant like 2 expansions ago.

Err... The average shaman's flame shock deals about 5% of their total dps (not including LvB damage buff). It is (optimally) cast once every 30 seconds. Neither of these descriptions fit the category of "basic damage spell." That would be LB.

If by
spammable by every other caster
you were comparing it to
04/22/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Statichavoc
immolate, corruption, shadow word pain
, I'm afraid warlocks and shadow priests don't spam these abilities... They are also applied and then not reapplied until (most of the time) they are either below 50% duration or at the final tick.

EDIT: To add a positive note, I do agree there should be some form of consequence to dispelling FS, similar to what locks/spriests have, or like Lava Flows from back in Cata. With the cooldown, shamans suffer more from DoT dispels than almost any another class that requires a DoT for optimal damage.
04/23/2013 03:37 AMPosted by Seresu

Err... The average shaman's flame shock deals about 5% of their total dps (not including LvB damage buff). It is (optimally) cast once every 30 seconds. Neither of these descriptions fit the category of "basic damage spell." That would be LB.

If by
spammable by every other caster
you were comparing it to
04/22/2013 05:30 PMPosted by Statichavoc
immolate, corruption, shadow word pain
, I'm afraid warlocks and shadow priests don't spam these abilities... They are also applied and then not reapplied until (most of the time) they are either below 50% duration or at the final tick.

EDIT: To add a positive note, I do agree there should be some form of consequence to dispelling FS, similar to what locks/spriests have, or like Lava Flows from back in Cata. With the cooldown, shamans suffer more from DoT dispels than almost any another class that requires a DoT for optimal damage.

Also typically the dispel protection dots are casted.

Makes me wonder about a possible glyph that gives FS a 1-1.5 second cast with dispel protection.
05/10/2013 10:08 PMPosted by Seresu

Makes me wonder about a possible glyph that gives FS a 1-1.5 second cast with dispel protection.

Omg no. We already hard cast more spells than any other caster and you want to add yet another way to get locked out? I do agree some kind of benefit would be good though. I liked the old one that would give you haste on lightning bolts.