Are the War of the Ancients books Canon?

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
Just as the title says. If they are, then that raises a LOT of questions about the story of WoW.
Last time I checked, the War of the Ancients was indeed a Canon event that happened. How it raises a lot of questions on WoW's story, you may need to elaborate a bit more.
They are indeed canon, in the sense that those events did occur. It's strongly implied that if Krasus hadn't saved the clutch of Blue eggs as he did in those novels, there would be *no* Blue Dragons today. However, it can also be easily implied that once the crisis was over, the Bronze Flight went back and set things back to how they were before Knaak's crew got thrown back.
Last time I checked, the War of the Ancients was indeed a Canon event that happened. How it raises a lot of questions on WoW's story, you may need to elaborate a bit more.
It's canon, but I think it's got some anomalies to it, namely that apparently it's not the same timeline as the one players experience?
It's canon but things have been retconned since then and since they don't update the books to be perfectly up to date with the canon, you'll have to know that events that contradict it that have been written since are more accurate.