5.3 PvP How to fix warrior.

Warrior
I know there's already threads on here with people complaining about our class and I have read most of them. I'm making this thread to try and improve our class and give blizzard some ideas to implant. (Which they probably won't read this any way).So lets look at the main problems real quick and I'll get to the solutions.

Defense
Self healing
Simple fixes so maybe we can RBG again.
Mobility
CC

I'm going to start with defense. We all know shield wall is out of date, and blah blah. But I really enjoy how it works making us macro it and use a shield so I don't wont that to change. You could change the mechanics of it. Any time I use shield wall it's a vital situation and I don't wont to die so therefore I sacrifice almost all my damage to stay alive. Also to it on par with other classes it could do a bit more than damage reduction. Say when you use it, you spell reflect the next X amount of spells or you spell reflect all incoming spells for 5-10 seconds. Any time I'm using shield wall usually pop rallying cry and second wind is up, so you could make it increase healing affects by 20% or while active second wind heals for 5% of health a second and last full duration of shield wall.(that means even if above 35% health it will become active when you use shield wall.) You could also throw any healing affect in with rallying cry for instance to. Battle stance needs at least 15% damage reduction or warriors are going to continue to play in defensive unless that's nerfed more. We could also you some passive talents against stuns, maybe 10% damage reduction while stunned or they last 25% less time on us. I will get into CC later. I understand you don't want us to be able to put a lot of pressure out and still be defensive at the same time like some classes so in that case our defensive abilities need to heal us better or make it harder for classes to kill us so easy. I think I can speak for most warriors here when I say it feels natural once were below 35%hp and we have no cds to pop but we survive longer there then it took for our opponent to get us there. And all our defensive abilitys just keep us there even longer but while reducing our damage. I would rather have healing throughout the fight, maybe have second wind pop when we are stunned or cc'ed but at least something so were not stuck around 35%hp. The other healing talents I don't want to get into lol.

Now to mobility, we already know we are the most mobile class in the game lulz. But really in a arena or battle ground if one person trains you while killing a healer(which is already almost impossible alone) you can't even stick on them. There's a couple of approaches to this one. Change the glyph of enraged speed that gives 20% speed increase to a passive while enraged. You can just throw out hamstring now it's so bad, maybe build it into an attack so it auto applies or bring back a snare to it, have charge slow the enemy by 70% for 5 seconds so we can get to them. You can make heroic throw useful by applying a slow effect to it. Heroic leap can have a aoe type slow or stun, interrupt cast I mean something. But our main problem is just getting CC'ed so much it makes me want to put my fist through the computer screen. So reducing spell reflect helps and blah blah but that's not the problem, with the utility my class has I can't stick on any ranged class if they know there class very well. Just compare our ability to stick on a target vs there's to get away and you will see it doesn't match up even at all. Some possible solutions are, decrease slow affects on warrior by 20% , revamp the DR system, make roots/snares have shorter duration on us you could out that into the talent tree or something. I would rather have avatar make us immune to all CC for its duration and not even increase damage. If you want us as a burst class then you need to understand when we pop any cd it's instant CC warrior. So rarely can I actually enjoy popping CDs, you made blade storm terrible now which use to make us more of what our class is suppose to be. I like safeguard it make us have to use more skill than other classes which I enjoy. Shorten it to say a 20 sec cd, you could put some (makes you immune to CC for X amount of time on abilities) like for 5 seconds after safeguard or during recklessness. Charge on a shorter cd would be nice maybe the first tier could be all in one lol ( actually could most of our issues). If you have a class that only does damage in melee and has worst mobility in the game then they should also be rewarded with most damage also, that's common since.

Here's just a few simple things you could fix to make us viable for RBG (most top teams will not allow arms warrior in them)
Make our mortal strike 50% like it use to be, healers are already op as is, and it would make the arms warrior worth pvp'ing with again. Change avatar back to cant be cc'ed and keep damage. We lost the warrior like feeling becuase almost any other class can do what we use to be able to do but better or with more damage. If you don't believe me you can go look at the top arena teams in all the different battle groups, you will find maybe 2-6 warriors in each one.

I hope you guys see the point I'm trying to make hear, if anyone else has any ideas feel free to post below. We need blizzard to look at this thread , they said they want suggestions so now they have it. And please ignore the non warriors on this thread they don't understand how our class is actually played, they still think we're op LOL.
I'm going to start with defense. We all know shield wall is out of date, and blah blah. But I really enjoy how it works making us macro it and use a shield so I don't wont that to change. You could change the mechanics of it. Any time I use shield wall it's a vital situation and I don't wont to die so therefore I sacrifice almost all my damage to stay alive. Also to it on par with other classes it could do a bit more than damage reduction. Say when you use it, you spell reflect the next X amount of spells or you spell reflect all incoming spells for 5-10 seconds. Any time I'm using shield wall usually pop rallying cry and second wind is up, so you could make it increase healing affects by 20% or while active second wind heals for 5% of health a second and last full duration of shield wall.(that means even if above 35% health it will become active when you use shield wall.) You could also throw any healing affect in with rallying cry for instance to. Battle stance needs at least 15% damage reduction or warriors are going to continue to play in defensive unless that's nerfed more. We could also you some passive talents against stuns, maybe 10% damage reduction while stunned or they last 25% less time on us. I will get into CC later. I understand you don't want us to be able to put a lot of pressure out and still be defensive at the same time like some classes so in that case our defensive abilities need to heal us better or make it harder for classes to kill us so easy. I think I can speak for most warriors here when I say it feels natural once were below 35%hp and we have no cds to pop but we survive longer there then it took for our opponent to get us there. And all our defensive abilitys just keep us there even longer but while reducing our damage. I would rather have healing throughout the fight, maybe have second wind pop when we are stunned or cc'ed but at least something so were not stuck around 35%hp. The other healing talents I don't want to get into lol.

defense is pretty fine, other than actually healing we can stay alive pretty good. shield wall is getting a reduced CD to 3min, glyph it to do 60% reduction and 25% def stance in 5.3 and we can really tank our way through burst. die by the sword parries most attacks and gives us 20% dmg reduction which is already better than retaliation was. I agree that battle stance needs to be reworked to gives defense but since swapping stances doesn't reset our rage gen we dont need it.

Now to mobility, we already know we are the most mobile class in the game lulz. But really in a arena or battle ground if one person trains you while killing a healer(which is already almost impossible alone) you can't even stick on them. There's a couple of approaches to this one. Change the glyph of enraged speed that gives 20% speed increase to a passive while enraged. You can just throw out hamstring now it's so bad, maybe build it into an attack so it auto applies or bring back a snare to it, have charge slow the enemy by 70% for 5 seconds so we can get to them. You can make heroic throw useful by applying a slow effect to it. Heroic leap can have a aoe type slow or stun, interrupt cast I mean something. But our main problem is just getting CC'ed so much it makes me want to put my fist through the computer screen. So reducing spell reflect helps and blah blah but that's not the problem, with the utility my class has I can't stick on any ranged class if they know there class very well. Just compare our ability to stick on a target vs there's to get away and you will see it doesn't match up even at all. Some possible solutions are, decrease slow affects on warrior by 20% , revamp the DR system, make roots/snares have shorter duration on us you could out that into the talent tree or something. I would rather have avatar make us immune to all CC for its duration and not even increase damage. If you want us as a burst class then you need to understand when we pop any cd it's instant CC warrior. So rarely can I actually enjoy popping CDs, you made blade storm terrible now which use to make us more of what our class is suppose to be. I like safeguard it make us have to use more skill than other classes which I enjoy. Shorten it to say a 20 sec cd, you could put some (makes you immune to CC for X amount of time on abilities) like for 5 seconds after safeguard or during recklessness. Charge on a shorter cd would be nice maybe the first tier could be all in one lol ( actually could most of our issues). If you have a class that only does damage in melee and has worst mobility in the game then they should also be rewarded with most damage also, that's common since.

alright let me go in order for this one. because our mobility is fine
-enraged speed was prob given to PvE warrs to move quicker out of AoE attacks, so this wont change. we dont actually need 20% anywhere
-charge itself stuns for about 1-1/2 sec and they fixed charge jump so we always go straight to the target. warbringer talent stuns and slows target for 50%, 70 would make it OP and not needed
-Hamstring is the most useful skill warriors have, with double hamstring removed you need staggering shout for it to mean anything. hindering strikes and warbringer only slow for 6-8sec which means you have to re-apply a slow in either a 20sec charge CD or a 30 rage cost to whack em with HS or cleave. HS costs 7 rage and slows for 15 sec allowing less globals on CC and more on dmg. and again staggering shout IS our double hamstring and more.
- Heroic Leap is a gap closer nothing else its fine the way it is, and again heroic leap and hamstring are your best friends
- decreasing slows on a war by 20% is ridiculous
- bladestorm is fine, actually its better since we cant get disarmed, anyone who uses bladestorm should always have a cancel bladestorm macro to get clutch pummles or pop large burst, you just have to use it right.
-safeguard is just another tool of ours to get out of roots and snares it basically replaced bladestorm in favor for dmg builds.
-our burst is some of the best burst we have, and our mobility is really high, which is why they nerfed our healing. you just have to learn how to utilize skills to max performance, if anything warrs are easy mode compared to others for mobility or dmg reduction (sup dispersion)

Here's just a few simple things you could fix to make us viable for RBG (most top teams will not allow arms warrior in them)
Make our mortal strike 50% like it use to be, healers are already op as is, and it would make the arms warrior worth pvp'ing with again. Change avatar back to cant be cc'ed and keep damage. We lost the warrior like feeling becuase almost any other class can do what we use to be able to do but better or with more damage. If you don't believe me you can go look at the top arena teams in all the different battle groups, you will find maybe 2-6 warriors in each one.

most teams wont take wars not because of dmg or CC its because we cant stay alive. simply put the only thing a warrior does not have is decent healing, healers are the first target in arenas, with them CC'd the dps has to survive on their own, and we cant do that once we're trained by 3 ppl, once we get a small healing buff we will be fine

I hope you guys see the point I'm trying to make hear, if anyone else has any ideas feel free to post below. We need blizzard to look at this thread , they said they want suggestions so now they have it. And please ignore the non warriors on this thread they don't understand how our class is actually played, they still think we're op LOL.

warriors being able to counter every class is not a suggestion thats a plea. we have some of the best burst, high sustained dmg, high mobility and some great defense (come 5.3)
Warriors are fine.
I used to enjoy playing this class until the nerf's. Is there a class in the game that has been nerfed more than the warrior all the while the other classes are getting buffed. As it is now a warrior will only be in an rbg as prot. They are a waste of time otherwise. If you don't have a ranged silence or a utility than you sit. But seeing this as a forum to voice realistic changes why don't you get the nub's that got rid of gag order and the ones that made pummel a silence with gag order and see what new ideas they have, prob something like change weaps to wands only or get rid of serk rage and make avatar a minor glyph that makes your helmet glow. OOPS!! I just let you in on what there planning for the future of the class
Warriors are fine.
i would only say war is fine. the changes in 5.3 fix a lot of probs.which basically means we wont be auto focused in arena. which is probably the only real problem we have. now if they just reduced the rage of OP to 5 rage i would say gtg haha. but im a scrub wth do i know
04/23/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Zsl
As it is now a warrior will only be in an rbg as prot. They are a waste of time otherwise.

actually arms war is highly represented in 2200+rbg atm
People who complain about warrior pvp, simply are no good at warrior pvp. A good warrior is a nightmare.

I hates them [sniff][sniff]. Why they SO MEAN?!?
Playing a warrior since BC, they seem to be fine.
Although I wish they brought back armor pen... That was fun lol
People who complain about warrior pvp, simply are no good at warrior pvp. A good warrior is a nightmare.

Mage on Warrior forum and complaining, HueHueHue
04/23/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Morphean
A good warrior is a nightmare.

ahh there there lil feller its gonna be ok. all you need is a hug.../grip axe behind back

>>
<<
O.O
I guess for pve and low arena/bgs there fine but in high rated arenas warriors just dont hang with other classes, go check out all the top page teams you wont find but a handfull of warriors. But almost every team has a mage,rogue,dk,druid,hunter.
Its all about your skill man. This patch seems to favor the kiters but there are ways around that.
04/23/2013 09:52 AMPosted by Sourcedecay
Warriors are fine.

We are, but DKs, Ferals, Enhances, Rogues, all bring more to the table. Even Rets, questionably.

If someone gave you a pedal bike to cycle to work, you'd be happy! But if they then proceeded to give your neighbour down the road a ferrari, all of a sudden happy doesen't quite cut it anymore.

People complain about mobility and survivability. All of those are perfectly where they need to be to keep our class true to what it is. Our problem is utility. How to fix warriors? Bring back gag order. INSTANT fix, ZERO reprecussions on PvE, won't over-buff us, won't be very useful to scrub players, while being VERY usefull to experienced players.
I'd have to say I agree with the healing aspect def were fine dmg were ok I mean I liked talents the way they were before cat/mop alot more felt better to lvl added more customization to your class esp. Cross specing but even then I'm not 90 yet I pvp alot mainly in BC more then anything but it now seems like there's 2 classes of wars not 3 badass dmg if u know who to dish it or uber def but even then arms used to be heavy hitting slower actually took a bit to survive but! On the other side you had fury which u sack some dmg but u get nice heals bloodthirst wasn't just a builder if I'm not mistaken our hp regen was passive? Bin awhile can't rem everything was just great and if u were a pvp tank u were just as unkillable as healers to all melee hard to kill if skillfull to casters but it was melees dumb !@# fault if u atked a Prot ware till they just 1-2 hit revenge you like a nuub. Big thing is here warrs just need some love from blizz is all there focusing so much on other classes changing this adding that seems like warrs just get a use full set of updates to stay "within" computation of the others leaving the true skill based needed class to be warrs. Idk I'm a BC guy someone should direct me or not on the passive question tho buggin me now to lazy xD