arcane pvp suggestion

Mage
Honestly, I'm just getting tired of playing frost. its becoming monotonous performing the same shatter set-up over and over....and personally i think fire is too reliant on frostjaw (although dragonsbreath is strait boss)...
if arcane could have some kind of proc for instant cast arcane blast, or reduced cast time proc it would be spectacular. PoM once every minute is insufficient, and ice flows is kinda meh in general.
id just like to see some pvp love for arcane instead of them always just being pve oriented. for pvp, arcane just isnt even an option other than random bg's for shyts and giggles.
I think ALL 3 of us Arcane PvP mages would LOVE to see Blizz give Arcane some PvP love. Numerous suggestions have been offered:

- Arcane Missiles can be channeled while moving
- Bring back polymorph stun
- Bring back shield blowback
- Make our proc (Arcane Missiles) a little more desirable than just a slightly beefed up mana-free version of Arcane Blast (to make it more in line with Frostfire Bolt and Pyroblast! procs' desirability.)

I was reading some dev Q&A today, and they seem pretty content with only one spec being really viable for PvP per class. So, unfortunately I wouldn't hold my breath for any Arcane PvP changes.

Still, it really does make one want to ask (if any Blizz devs actually read this), what is the point in having 3 specs for classes if not all 3 specs are viable in some way for all situations? Just get rid of the other two specs, make the 1 spec have multiple optional talents and be done with it I say!
for pvp, arcane just isnt even an option other than random bg's for shyts and giggles.

I don't have any problem with it in RBGs and large-group World PvP fights. I find I can down players a lot easier with Arc then with Frost.

If you're getting trained, work on your positioning. Frost and Fire take this for granted because they have mobility, but for an Arcane you need to pay attention to this and to what's going on around you.

If you're not doing enough damage, look at your gems and forging. I've taken a page out of Abn's book by stacking Mastery and Haste over Crit.. and find this works quite well.

04/26/2013 10:10 AMPosted by Spyky
Still, it really does make one want to ask (if any Blizz devs actually read this), what is the point in having 3 specs for classes if not all 3 specs are viable in some way for all situations?

This is my biggest gripe with WoW PvP.. not just for Mages but for other classes. Players are forced to change specs and play something they might not like as much in order to do RBGs and Arenas.

I put it down to laziness.
Until we get some way to ramp up Arcane Charge instantly, lets say with Arcane Explosion generating a charge when a player or player's pet is hit, we wont be viable in pvp. Yes Random BGs and RBGs are not that big of a problem because you can get enough casts of to burst, if you and i quote:

04/26/2013 04:09 PMPosted by Dactylion
work on your positioning. Frost and Fire take this for granted because they have mobility, but for an Arcane you need to pay attention to this and to what's going on around you.

Unfortunately in duels and arena ppl will just not let you freecast to get anywhere near enough charges to actually do any damage. Spam poly and run around speallstealing is what we can do and compared to frost and fire that's sad. Untill Blizz tweaks the Arcane Charge mechanic so its not entirely dependent on hard casting ( not likely ), or drops half of the various control, silence and interrupt abilities game wide ( i was gona say "not likely" again, but "when hell freezes over" is more appropriate i think :) we are gona be the least desired of the tree classes.

Unfortunately ppl have given up on arcane pvp and there's not enough qqing for Blizz to take notice.
no.
arcane pvp suggestion

Don't play arcane
arcane power glyph should give 4 charges and reduce duration by 5 seconds. Rather than double the duration - very situational as far as pve goes.

I also believe the Slow spell should be buffed, there's too many instant heals and damage for the 25% to be threatening plus it's the only debuff arcane puts on a target so it's always dispelled.

Proposed Slow: Reduces target's movement speed by 50% and increases the base cast time and mana cost of their next spell by 100%. x second cooldown
@Dactylion I've seen you on the Mage Forums quite often even under my Arcane Mage PvP post, Currently my main Spec is Fire and i pull off great damage playing it quite well. I've been trying out Arcane for giggles and I seem to enjoy pulling great damage being top of the charts for both Damage and Kills. Most i've gone as Arcane is 18-1 Feel free to add me Dact in game Ironfoe#1291
@Dactylion I've seen you on the Mage Forums quite often even under my Arcane Mage PvP post, Currently my main Spec is Fire and i pull off great damage playing it quite well. I've been trying out Arcane for giggles and I seem to enjoy pulling great damage being top of the charts for both Damage and Kills. Most i've gone as Arcane is 18-1 Feel free to add me Dact in game Ironfoe#1291

Sweet as man, will do :)