When you hit levitate too late...

Priest
We've all done it.

You accidentally jump off a high place, and hit levitate the second after you hit the ground.

tinyurl.com/levitatefail

The struggle. :(
Me it's when i jump off a cliff and realize I have either a teammate or an npc target and can't get my levitate off before the ground greets me.
I like to dismount in high places and float to the ground. This does not always work so well. Sometimes you hit the ground, sometimes you float off in a direction you didn't entirely intend to... but when everything goes well it's a beautiful day.
Me it's when i jump off a cliff and realize I have either a teammate or an npc target and can't get my levitate off before the ground greets me.

this
04/25/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Cipyar

this

And don't realize something's wrong til you're halfway down into Scholobasin from Wintergrasp. Then you try to levitate when you hit the side of the cliff. And it's too high so you can't retrieve your body. Ruins your day, imo.
BWD Elevator boss claimed many lives due to this.
BWD Elevator boss claimed many lives due to this.

/nods

Got me once. ONCE.
My biggest issue lately is not hitting my rocketboots early enough and going splat due to lag. I've also had issues where I was flying around and hit a keybind. This caused me to dismount and there times I did not get to my levitate quick enough.
Nothing beats when you were late by JUST that much and the little cloud effect appears around your corpse.
WAY more falling deaths on my priest and druid than any other class. I'm glad there's a graveyard at Halfhill, cruising down from the shrine and freefalling into V4W has gotten me many times already.
I always laugh at myself when my warrior shouts on his way to his death, because that is where the levitate button is on my priest.

I am falling, then tilt my head back and yell.
Back when I was horde I fell off the bridge to Spirit Rise a solid 75 to 80 times. It's such a short drop but just high enough to kill you that I always reacted a second too late.

I have 127 falling deaths to date.
Back when I was horde I fell off the bridge to Spirit Rise a solid 75 to 80 times. It's such a short drop but just high enough to kill you that I always reacted a second too late.

I have 127 falling deaths to date.

lmao! How can you fall off that many times? I fell off once and was too surprised that you can even fall off the bridge to levitate. Splat.
And this is why I spent 90 minutes finding a place that I could put levitate on my bars comfortably.
Or when you frantically open your spell book looking for levitate only to realize that your tabbing through gener-SPLAT.

...welp.
its even better when you over plan a levitate and end up careening at an amazing speed 5 miles away from your group and can do nothing about it except look completely stupid and quite hilarious at the same time.
all the time.
8/10 times I forget where I put the levitate button, even though I never move it. :(
Or when you forget how to stop levitating.

Zul'Farrak. We free Sergeant Bly and his companions. Still levitating, I float to the top of the temple stairs and start heading down to get into position for the rush of trolls coming up. Except I don't head down - I *float* down. My levitate is treating this flight of stairs like a drop and I can't remember how to switch levitate off because I herp when I derp.

Land at the bottom and promptly aggro ALL THE THINGS.

Bubble with Body and Soul to charge back up those stairs and share my new friends with my poor, dumbfounded group.
Had an rbg pug lead tell me in eots yesterday:

"PRIEST, slow fall everyone."