LvL 80 mage 2-3 shotting Cata bosses..how?

Mage
I joined a random Cata dungeon group on my Ele Shammy.
BRD came up.

So as we start I notice things drop fast..and I think
"Good group"

Then the first boss appears....

2 or 3 shotted..literally...

I think
"Okay, guess we have a 90 in the group..."

I scan the list and to my surprise..there's no 90...in fact I am the highest lvl @ 83.

Next Boss....2-3 shotted again...and all the mobs between....1 shotted (pretty much)

Turns out it was the mage.

From what I could see she was arcane specced, but I'm just wondering how this damage was possible?

She said her biggest dmg spell was frost bomb and claimed she was doing 80k dps at one point..then at another point claimed her frost bomb crit for 300K! ...

..and the mob drop-rate seemed proof enough..

She had nothing spectacular when it came to gear either...just some crit enchants really.

What was going on here..considering that kind of damage seems pretty damned overkill for a level 80...

Anyone able to enlighten me?
Chars of previous expansion levels scale strangely with early low level gear of the next expansion because of the way secondaries are calculated at the threshold(i.e. 80 vs 81).

Chances are this character was benefitting from extreme amounts of mastery if they were arcane, which for arcane is a direct +% damage.
Chances are this character was benefitting from extreme amounts of mastery if they were arcane, which for arcane is a direct +% damage.

Hit is another stat that has huge cliffs at 81 and 86. . . my Hierloomed Warlock is pulling 12K in cata dungeons at 81 right now.
Oh believe me, it's possible.

http://i.imgur.com/EoW40N8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OyyEWUv.jpg

all you needs is t10 4 peice and mop blues and its GG

also this poor gnome above me doesnt even benafite by being master race
^ were you on blood queen and with the icc cheater's buff?

also, i was pulling those kinds of combustion damages a year and a half ago.

i miss when combustion was worth it.
http://i.imgur.com/OyyEWUv.jpg

all you needs is t10 4 peice and mop blues and its GG

also this poor gnome above me doesnt even benafite by being master race

I was going to switch to troll but then combustion was nerfed by 50% and I couldn't be bothered. It's still strong but not the monster dot it used to be. Was that screenshot before or after the nerf? Because mine was after.

That would have been on the blood prince council by spreading combustion between all 3 as a way of padding damage, I had a log of me doing 1.2million dps this way.
So is the secret to go fire or arcane? lol.

No "secret" spec/class, everything lvl 80 can do ridiculous damage with MoP gear.

Combustion dot scaling with huge amounts of mastery and haste is pretty OP though.
04/28/2013 09:53 PMPosted by Abracadaver

No "secret" spec/class, everything lvl 80 can do ridiculous damage with MoP gear.

Combustion dot scaling with huge amounts of mastery and haste is pretty OP though.

Ah gotcha, thanks boss, it's just im almost at that level 80 point with my mage alt, looks like I am going to have to go from frost to fire, lol.
Your UIs make me want to throw up.

no it wasnt blood queen it was princes =p

I was going to switch to troll but then combustion was nerfed by 50% and I couldn't be bothered. It's still strong but not the monster dot it used to be. Was that screenshot before or after the nerf? Because mine was after.

after the nerf that was like 3 weeks ago

Your UIs make me want to throw up.

my UI is amazeing
I solo BRD
I solo BRD

Easy at lvl 80 too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw8TFrFHfNU