[BUG] Priest 2pc resetting stats

Bug Report
This is a big enough bug, in my opinion, to warrant its own hotfix BEFORE 5.3. This is making it extremely hard to stay competitive when you factor in that spriests are already at the back of the bus, again. I think if there was a bug like this that effected a more popular dps class this drastically, it would have already been fixed. For example, there was a bug with the melee dps LMG that seemed to be fixed within a week of it coming to light. I understand that some issues may require more work to fix than others but this bug has been in the open for quite some time now. Even the blue post on this page was posted almost a week ago.

are you cereal right meow?

thdozensands of bugs around the twerld never get responses, yet this one has not only gotten a response, but a fix! so the fix is coming! this is more than many are capable of dreaming of

forums, pls
05/06/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Isiseyesis
This is a big enough bug, in my opinion, to warrant its own hotfix BEFORE 5.3. This is making it extremely hard to stay competitive when you factor in that spriests are already at the back of the bus, again. I think if there was a bug like this that effected a more popular dps class this drastically, it would have already been fixed. For example, there was a bug with the melee dps LMG that seemed to be fixed within a week of it coming to light. I understand that some issues may require more work to fix than others but this bug has been in the open for quite some time now. Even the blue post on this page was posted almost a week ago.

are you cereal right meow?

thdozensands of bugs around the twerld never get responses, yet this one has not only gotten a response, but a fix! so the fix is coming! this is more than many are capable of dreaming of

forums, pls

I am super cereal right meow! And I'm obviously not alone.

I challenge you to show me another bug, affecting another class, in game right now that is as big as this. By some tests a 2k dps loss on EACH DOT application.
(http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3397&hilit=bug)
Taking the tier set a straight dps loss...lol. It's absurd...lol. With 5.3 being a month away, or even longer, this deserves a hotfix as soon as it's available, before 5.3, is all I'm sayin. : )
I have to agree. They've had a fix sitting around for at least a week now. Meanwhile we took tier (likey over other conq users) and now are forced to choose between losing DPS to use it or taking even more gear to bag our tier, just temporarily. Well, if it's going to be a month of progression, it's worth it. If it's going to be a few days, like it should have been, it's not at all.
I have to agree very poor support from blizzard.. It's nice they have a fix but it's useless if they wont hotfix or update it. It's been several weeks already.
Reading over the 5.3 patch notes I see nothing regarding this fix. Is this something they plan on including in the notes, or stealth fixing to avoid looking bad?
It'll probably be an undocumented change, tbh.
Reading over the 5.3 patch notes I see nothing regarding this fix. Is this something they plan on including in the notes, or stealth fixing to avoid looking bad?
Oh good, so we'll have to keep running tests every day ourselves to see if it's been fixed, since we can't trust them to actually just tell us when they fix it. Lovely.
http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3397&hilit=bug
It's a lot to go through, but it has all the math behind the bug.
Not just that:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/SODSakura/WOLSAmisses_zpsaf9fa6cd.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v246/SODSakura/SAmisses5_zps6cdadc23.jpg

SA miss targets too. And Im well hit capped.
So if I'm following this post right, and I believe I am, they have had a fix since at least 4/30 and just won't do anything with it until 5.3 which is at the very least a month away? This is beyond ridiculous. What exactly is going on every Tuesday when the servers are down? As I stated in an earlier post (which I think is gone now somehow) if this was a bug that was boosting our dps by the same amount, it would have been hotfixed the second a fix was available. I think that's what gripes me the most.
So the 10th of this month rolls around and again a hotfix post WITHOUT a fix for priests. I know how you're feeling too Archangelsub. Ive had two posts "sanitized" thus far with further questions and proof of problem but it seems they are more worried about keeping us at bay and removing helpful or questioning posts than fixing things.

The things they chose to fix with this latest hotfix patch were as follows:

Fixed an issue where healing reduction effects from Mortal Wounds, Wound Poison, and Widow Venom were stacking. - NEEDED because of PvP i'm ok with it-
Druid
Guardian
Growl should now properly transfer Vengeance to the casting Druid when taunting off of another tank character. -Again needed to help tanking i'm ok with it-

Warlock
Item Sets
Tier-15 Warlock 4-piece set bonus should now properly increase the damage of Malefic Grasp and bonus periodic damage for Drain Soul.

Now this last one upsets me. They are willing to hotfix a DPS class that is already known to be a chart topper and get their own fix. However when a fix is known as per the previous blue post the priest community is left to rot. Why has nothing been done and nothing said in over almost two weeks time. Its not like the proof isn't there.

Please we as the priest community implore you to fix this known problem so we may go on about our duties as damage dealers and not have to worry about a problem that breaks our class.