Question about new Glyph...

Shaman
So the new glyph in 5.3 "Lightning Shield" brings forth a lot of hope for Shaman PvP and I was wondering if the new glyph also procs off of static shock? If so this seems like a pretty decent added defense to us who play anything other than Resto.

Will it make us tanks? No. Will it be a god send to all of Shaman-hood? No. But it is something, and I'm very happy with the upcoming changes, plus the buffs we're getting to our spell power (off of attack power 55% going to 65%) means increased self heals. Hurray for the buffs!
My understanding of it is: as enhancement, we always have lighting shield up, so the glyph basically gives us a +10% damage reduction passive.

I like the glyph, but see it more as a band-aid and hope Blizzard is working on something that helps us not suck so much and have a miserable time in pvp. Some sort of defensive cd or cc, which we severely lack.
In my experience as Enh (sure look at my rating, I'm no Gladiator but I have been shamaning for years) we have an okay set of defensive CD's. Between SR and AS that's a pair, but they are stand alone, they don't provide us with immunities are anything like that. I don't believe that we need defensive, I think we need better control in the form of a fear totem or an actual stun that works.

I love that Blizz tried to give us something interesting with an AoE stun but the draw back to the totem for outweigh the benefits.

But I asked the original question because if it is triggered by Static Shock then we can add this buff to ourselves without even having to have been hit.

If we think of it as the 10% constant reduction, then shaman are sitting at 75% resilience before gems. Can any other class say they have such a decent damage reduction passive?
The damage reduction is only activated by getting lightning shield procs from getting hit (not fulmination or static shock).
If we think of it as the 10% constant reduction, then shaman are sitting at 75% resilience before gems. Can any other class say they have such a decent damage reduction passive?

Shadowform and Moonkin Form both give 15% DR and they don't rely on a proc effect.
Shadowform and Moonkin Form both give 15% DR and they don't rely on a proc effect.

All the excited shaman are suddenly crushed...
I havent tested this on the PTR yet, but what worries me is the way I'm reading this, that the 10% dmg reduction happens for 6 seconds *after* the shield is triggered

Meaning that warlock who popped all cds and is about to shove his Chaos Bolt down your throat, only has the 10% dmg reduction to worry about *After* the initial spell hits
05/02/2013 06:24 PMPosted by Goblite

All the excited shaman are suddenly crushed...

OR a glyph slot! AND their forms give them other bonuses to damage as well!
05/02/2013 06:16 PMPosted by Naqoyqatsi

It really should be a baseline 15% like both shadow and balance get. Shouldn't need to waste a glyph spot on something both other comparable hybrids get just for existing.
I actually prefer it this way. (well I'd prefer it passive, since we have so many good glyphs already) What I mean is that we don't lose the damage reduction when we go to heal while the other two do (not hots/shields but for flash heals)