Sunwalker Dezco/Golden Lotus short story up

Story Forum
Prev 1 2 3 4 15 Next
Poor Dezco though, he technically loses everything given that his surviving sun is now a member of the golden lotus.

I will admit the short story did bring tears to my eyes though, it was pretty heavy. But it also eliminates him from any possibility of being warchief, he won't leave pandaria I think, because it's the only way to be with his surviving son.

It was definitely sad and I was hoping until the end that somehow Cloudhoof would be resurrected at the end.

I was hoping that as well, but it shows that bringing back the dead lorewise isn't really something that happens. Dezco's story really nails that home to us.

Dunno, would be... noble of him if he was called to serve as Warchief and he put aside his own desires for Duty's sake
You know, if Dezco continues to live in the Vale it's not like he won't be able to see his son, like, all the time.
Damn, that story hit me...

I don't blame Dezco for what happened to Cloudhoof. It's not like he could have controlled it. He couldn't put the child down - Another Mogu or Quilen could have snapped it up. It really is just a stupid, tragic accident. And Dezco... Poor man. He really has almost lost everything, between his wife and his two sons.

But, like Quard said, if Dezco decides to live in Pandaria, he can see Redhorn all the time.
Wait... one of his kids died too? (I didn't read the whole story.) My God... poor little thing.
You know, if Dezco continues to live in the Vale it's not like he won't be able to see his son, like, all the time

But, like Quard said, if Dezco decides to live in Pandaria, he can see Redhorn all the time.

Welllll, there is the bit in 5.3 with Taran Zhu threatening to kick them out :(

He's not actually gonna kick him out, though. We have until season's end to make things right.

And I'm sure even Taran Zhu wouldn't keep Dezco away from his child.

I dunno...

Did you read the short story about Ten and how people actually become Shado-pan? Not as sweet and benign as most people think....

Wouldn't put it past Zhu...
I was hoping that as well, but it shows that bringing back the dead lorewise isn't really something that happens. Dezco's story really nails that home to us.

Actually, not quite true lorewise.

Two quest examples in Northrend show a Taunka that was udderly brutalized, tortured, and his soul sent into a totem being revived fully by an orcish shaman, and a Draenei Argent commander being risen back to his original form in Icecrown from instructions from a gnomish Knight of the Ebon Blade.

So, resurrection is possible, though likely quite rare. What this means in terms of Chi-Ji's influence in the story is up to debate, though it can put pressure on him for being a prideful jerk.
05/03/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Pyronaptor

He's not actually gonna kick him out, though. We have until season's end to make things right.

For your sake I hope you are right. THe Shado-pan are not to be messed around with.
WHAT THE FREAKING FRAK DID I OOKING JUST READ?! *raging*

That's some good parenting, FRACKING tauren!
Lemme attack him!
LEMME KEEL HIM!

Is this tauren fraking retarded?! DID HE JUST KEEL HIS OWN SON?!
*raging*

After all the trouble I had... Godammit...
Good thing the Golden Lotus have the other baby now... Good thing!
I think we are all missing the point.

The point being how ridiculously buff they describe Rook being.
Inb4 Alliance claim Horde bias

You are so butthurt it is hilarious.
That's some good parenting, FRACKING tauren!
Lemme attack him!
LEMME KEEL HIM!

To be fair, he didn't want to lose either son and the GL weren't taking no for an answer. he just wanted to keep both of his sons and saw the only alternative was to either go back to Mulgore, which wasn't really possible, or find somewhere else safe.

He's a typical parent trying to protect his kids....

Unfortunately there was nowhere for him to put his other son when they were attacked. He had no time to leave him in the care of someone else... and putting him down would run the risk of a mogu / quillian killing him.

Dezco was up a creek without a paddle and tbh the GL are partially to blame for it. If they hadn't insisted they WERE going to take one of his sons, Dezco wouldn't have felt the need to leave the vale with them.
To be fair, he didn't want to lose either son and the GL weren't taking no for an answer. he just wanted to keep both of his sons and saw the only alternative was to either go back to Mulgore, which wasn't really possible, or find somewhere else safe.

He's a typical parent trying to protect his kids....

Unfortunately there was nowhere for him to put his other son when they were attacked. He had no time to leave him in the care of someone else... and putting him down would run the risk of a mogu / quillian killing him.

Dezco was up a creek without a paddle and tbh the GL are partially to blame for it. If they hadn't insisted they WERE going to take one of his sons, Dezco wouldn't have felt the need to leave the vale with them.

He didn't want to tell them because he didn't want his monkey friend to feel sad... The other option is to take your children in the middle of a battleground. ~.~

Didn't you see how reasonable his Golden Lotus friends were? He assumed too much... He wasn't even thinking!
The real question is, did they put Cloudhoof on the grill after?
Didn't you see how reasonable his Golden Lotus friends were? He assumed too much... He wasn't even thinking!

And you really think you'd be as rational in that kind of situation?

Dezco took the last words of his wife extremely seriously. Not only has he lost his wife, he lost many of his tribe as well in the journey. You can't blame the guy for overreacting, he was just thinking about keeping what remained of his family together.
The real question is, did they put Cloudhoof on the grill after?

Yes. All tauren get BBQ'ed after death. You can even see Cairne's BBQ as a part of children's week.
05/03/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Waraila
And you really think you'd be as rational in that kind of situation?

Of course I would... If my son were chosen by a celestial being to fulfill a great duty I would be proud of it! Would help with all I could, and would stay at the vale if they let me...

I would not, by any chance, risk my son's life like he did...
A very sad story. A little too tear jerker for my taste, tbh. It's borderline treacly.
The story is sad, but if that is all it takes to tug on your heart strings, I really hope y'all don't watch tv and movies.