Penalties in BGs, when?

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 2 3 8 Next
no wai!!! i want my 40-80 pity honor get lost!

Unfortunately, it's not about pity honor, it's about 0 honor losses breaking the system.
no wai!!! i want my 40-80 pity honor get lost!

Pity honor?!?!

Maybe that's what you get.

I'm getting a prize for placing 2nd in a competition.

A competition that a lot of times I'm teamed up with really bad players
When will we see some kind of penalties for losing a BG ....including exiting a BG.?

I find it very very strange the losing team still get's a reward for losing a BG........this current system encourages AFK players to continuously play .
It must be the only game/sport in the world that does this .....except if you are in kindergarden, then everyone get a 'lolly".

Maybe some HP loss or another system.....whatever is done should discourage AFKers

But this generation of kids demands rewards for losing or they will take their parents money elsewhere. Plain and simple.

Do you realize how many youth sport leagues no longer keep score just so kids dont have to lose?

Times change i guess.

I want you to stop for a second and attempt to commune with that puddle of gray matter in your thick grape and think about some of the other unintended consequences that 0 honor losses will lead to.

I want you to stop for a second and attempt to commune with that puddle of gray matter in your thick grape and think about some of the other unintended consequences that 0 honor losses will lead to.

What would not gaining as a result of losing lead to?

There are a few things.

What do you think they might be?

Let's just think outside the box for a second.
05/04/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Fontss

they tried this before and they saw a big drop of ppl quing.

And a few other things...

Let's see if he can think this through...

This was asked before....but never answered. When was this?
05/04/2013 08:51 AMPosted by Fontss

When was this? I don't recall a time of not getting honor for losing. Someone needs to refresh my memory.
I remember when you would get those stupid Marks of Honor. 1 for a loss 3 for a win and some low amount of honor which ended in a mailbox full of useless Marks of Honor.
So, they still got something for a loss....
I remember when you would get those stupid Marks of Honor. 1 for a loss 3 for a win and some low amount of honor which ended in a mailbox full of useless Marks of Honor.

You could turn them in for honor, rep and experience as well as gear, mounts and potions. They still rewarded the loser. I know twinks used to let them stack to avoid xp.

lets lose quick so we can get our marks! lol
also i like your xmog jadei

I was thinking the same thing about yours. ;)

Who tried what, when and where? Blizzard would never stop giving point to the losing team in bgs, although they should.

Arena don't give away free points, so, it ok for bg honor farmers to get free honor, but conquest farmers don't get the same treatment?

Yea the bg quing pool of people would dwindle, but we also have alot of bots and afkers,
not allowing honor to the losing team would solve that problem.

And with our new queing system, could anyone claim possible honorless bgs would have no one to join? Many people would still join, but alot less honor farmers would, which is what we need.

Its well known that farming dungeons, etc for justice points then trading them for honor is the best honor per hour way of farming.

No honor for the losing team is the answer, afkers and honor farmers would find another way to farm honor,

Find is funny people saying "no, bgs would be over ran with people that try to win"

Thats funny!
Remember Alterac Valley, back in BC, after 2.2? The horde was winning just about every game via turtling, and the alliance players were getting almost no honor.

As a result, queue times for horde reached an hour or longer, because there was little reason for the alliance players to queue.

That's what happens when losers aren't rewarded -- one side starts losing, and they just stop queuing for that BG.
Remember Alterac Valley, back in BC, after 2.2? The horde was winning just about every game via turtling, and the alliance players were getting almost no honor.

As a result, queue times for horde reached an hour or longer, because there was little reason for the alliance players to queue.

That's what happens when losers aren't rewarded -- one side starts losing, and they just stop queuing for that BG.

I remember 12+ hour que times week after week, all the alliance was boycotting av, and if I remember correctly it was because of map imbalances, distance etc. One faction boycotted not because they didn't want to risk getting no point, they boycotted because they believed the entire map was working against them.

Don't blame "turtles" for the boycott, turtles is how the horde wins, thats how the map is balanced.

Ive done 1000s of bgs, have seen major loosing streaks that lasted weeks, but I kept playing and other than the first week after each new tier, never joined a bg just to farm honor.