Penalties in BGs, when?

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 3 4 5 8 Next
05/05/2013 07:23 AMPosted by Jugaa
I'm interested to hear why you think people would be less likely to bot for zero honor losses. It's not like the bot cares if it is sitting in a frustrating zero honor loss or not, right?

No but the person who is botting their character will realize, after a few days, they aren't getting gear this way...

[quote]but now you can't leave.

But they ARE going to get gear.

And bots aren't motivated by a win or loss, nor are the people who run them and go to sleep.

They are still getting something for nothing, just something at a slower pace.

Just because they are botting doesn't mean their team won't win.

Not if they keep losing...

It would take weeks to gear up through botting if you got nothing for losing. I would say it would discourage people from botting, because right now they could bot for a day or two...then play their character. I'm sure most people don't want to wait weeks..
05/05/2013 07:33 AMPosted by Jugaa

Not if they keep losing...

You act like the other team isn't going to have bots dragging them down, too.

It would take weeks to gear up through botting if you got nothing for losing. I would say it would discourage people from botting, because right now they could bot for a day or two...then play their character. I'm sure most people don't want to wait weeks..

So you think that there won't be people out there who say:

It takes me 2-3 weeks to gear up with the current system, and taking away honor for losses will probably extend that by another ~2 weeks, meaning ~5 weeks.

So if I play at night actively when I can, and bot during the day while I am at work, or at night while I am sleeping, I might shave a week or so off that time?

You seriously don't think there will be people out there that see that as being easier than actively sitting through 5 weeks of frustrating zero honor losses?

And how on earth do you think this can POSSIBLY take longer to gear than doing it actively.

You've got to be kidding me.

Jugaa, I respect your opinion on these forums, but I think you either haven't thought this through, or haven't had enough coffee this morning : )
I liked the idea if you get total owned, everyone on that team can't que again for 24 hours. You would get a debuff that says something like "utterly defeated" You would get this defuff if you get 5 caped in a AB, 4 caped in a EotS, zero score in Battle for Gilneas ect.
haven't had enough coffee this morning : )

I haven't :( If only Blizz would actually monitor BGs for bots, they're easy to spot and ban right there! Then we could take away honor for losses!
I liked the idea if you get total owned, everyone on that team can't que again for 24 hours. You would get a debuff that says something like "utterly defeated" You would get this defuff if you get 5 caped in a AB, 4 caped in a EotS, zero score in Battle for Gilneas ect.

Yeah, getting "utterly defeated" by a premade is definitely something to be punished for. Are you flippin' serious?
Yeah, getting "utterly owned" by a premade is definitely something to be punished for. Are you flippin' serious?

lol
I hate to burst bubbles here BUT i actually play my rear off (even when I give up I still do massive dmg/heals/objectives) and it's not my fault that i get paired with teams of noobs/undergeared/bot/whatevers.

I don't feel like being punished for being randomly grouped with them either.

The grind is already grueling enough while undergeared, but the idea of that grind taking longer (and not by a small amount) would be completely discouraging.

I would stop queueing Randoms until I was 100% sure that I would be grouped with people worth queueing with ......and that won't ever happen.

One of the problems with the idea is that Goal oriented players (objective based players=the good ones) would not be having the goal of "gear acquisition" met in a timely manner which would in turn ,most likely, lead to them finding other passtimes that are more rewarding.

A streak of losses would become devastating. 10 losses in a row, forget it.

Would you stay in an RBG group that lost 10 in a row? .....and you have some sort of control over that situation.
I try even if my teams getting camped, mid fighting, ignoring the efc etc. One person can only do so much if the other team is competent and playing together. This change would only cause people to not queue up for regular bgs increasing queue times. Would be no point in joining when I could get in a full group of like minded people who play to win for rateds.
when i hand pick my team you can give me zero honor

after that i see honor, for a loss, as payment for a fight we will most likely not win

blizzard builds bad groups for pug pvp
when i hand pick my team you can give me zero honor

after that i see honor, for a loss, as payment for a fight we will most likely not win

So, the derps in mid can screw off and receive honor....brilliant.
take away honor kills in bgs, unless you are near an objective or flag carrier. Would stop people from mindlessly goin to mid to kill random people to just farm honor.
What they need to do is figure out a way to separate bot programs from live people, no you can't just ban them because they are paying customers and Blizzard IS a company that needs to get paid in order to continue.
You can't really separate out bad player though. "Bad" is a subjective term.

I know what we can do!!!!!! i've got it!!!!

We can ....get this .......Come to the forums and complain.

I like complaining when I have a string of losses. Makes me feel like I did something.
The losing team already gears at a slow trickle - you want to halt it to a large extent.

No, I want them to at least try...not "let them win so we lose quick and get some honor still."
Randoms are not elite

They certainly are not, I do agree. They're also not as fun as they used to be with the loser mentality we have these days..
You know, I do less and less BGs each day because it's really just not fun. Maybe taking away honor for losses is not the best solution, but they really should come up with something...and no RBGs is not always the solution..