Worgen or Night Elf for Feral PVP?

Druid
Title says all. I'm planning on switching this toon to alliance soon to join my other characters. I understand that Dark Flight stacks with other speed effects, which can be useful in flag carrying situations and might be a little use in arenas, but I do not understand the Shadowmeld mechanic at all. If Shadowmeld makes Nelfs better for pvp, could somebody explain to me why and what situations you would use it for? Thanks!
worgen.

nelf's shadowmeld drops target, so you can use it to drop being targeted and then rapidly move away. it also drops combat if i am not mistaken, which if you arent under King of The Jungle anymore would let you restealth
bump, any more opinions?
I may race change to NE for shadowmeld, I was on a worgen kick when I made this character and never really expected it to become my main :P

Shadowmeld has quite a few uses, and depending on what type of PvP you are going to do has various benefits. The increase crit for Worgen is decent, but being able to vanish is really really valuable in PvP and has more uses than you would think.

Besides the obvious shadowmeld/flight form in world PvP, being able to interrupt casting by timing your shadowmeld right is also another use. Another good one is hitting shadowmeld right after you stop from a displacer beast. In PvP it just seems like you vanished.

For me I think shadowmeld is by far and away the best racial in the game for a druid.
Shadowmeld you also get +5 to stealth
Worgens get 1% crit as well
Meld imo. Too many amazing uses if you can learn to use it right it can also save your life. Also immensely useful for all 3 other specs.
Nelf or GTFO
Nelf or GTFO
Title says all. I'm planning on switching this toon to alliance soon to join my other characters. I understand that Dark Flight stacks with other speed effects, which can be useful in flag carrying situations and might be a little use in arenas, but I do not understand the Shadowmeld mechanic at all. If Shadowmeld makes Nelfs better for pvp, could somebody explain to me why and what situations you would use it for? Thanks!

sm is like a mini vanish. in pvp you can use it to drop combat and make someone targetting you lose target.

in world pvp its a get out of jail free card. if you ever starting losing a fight sm>flightform
Feral uses both stealth and speed, so do you add an extra sprint or an extra stealth? It also uses the crit and dodge from both races. Worg gets the LW boost too, and feral happens to use that armor and the crit rating provided by LW.

Also Darkflight can only be used with passives, or it would be incredibly OP(still works with burst of speed). I remember my WSG days before the nerf with it stacking with the BG speed boost. If I remember correctly I went as fast as a 280% flying mount for 8 seconds(feral set bonus, travel form, darkflight, and BG boost).
Nelf or GTFO
05/08/2013 03:48 PMPosted by Bebbit
Nelf or GTFO
Damn you elves!!!

But yea, shadow meld is amazing for ferals. But for the most part, choose what you enjoy seeing, cause you'll be the one who has to stare at your choice the entire time.
Smeld>prowl>pounce works inbetween dot ticks if you're good about it.
Worgen no competition! You can stealth as druid so NE meld isnt very good. But dark flight is useful in tons of situations. Can stack with other speed boosts such as speed potion.
05/10/2013 01:44 PMPosted by Wheyproteìn
You can stealth as druid so NE meld isnt very good
You obviously have no clue what you are talking about please gtfo of the druid forum.

With Shadow Meld you can:
- (with bleeds ticking on you) Meld and stay hidden as long as you dont move or prowl
- Meld + Pounce while in mid Combat (pounce is the stun + bleeds from stealth)
- Meld + Ravage while in mid Combat
- Meld a Chaos Bolt mid flight (and it will not hit you)
- Meld + Flight form in World PVP
- if your not in a group meld will drop combat with most mobs
- Prowl + Drink + Meld (amazing for healers in 2s) and not only will GladiatorlosSA not call out the drink ... but the enemy dps has no clue where they sat down and usualy end up checking all the pillars while the healer is drinking to full right in the middle of the GD map

I have 4 different druids (lvl80+ on diff servers made durring diff xpacks) all feral, 3 are nelf the other is tauren
Gues if you like long ears go NELF ... if you're a good player its still managable in worgen

Maybe you love shadowmeld but!

1) Farmed in Wpvp doesn't happen alot witn a worgen you have like 3 sprints + cat form u can run real fast no sprints. 1vs1 a druid wins if you can use bear form to regen health, if not you're bad druid.

2) even if you drop out of combat and stealth you can't move so any aoe will get you back in view, even if you use displacement beast+ SM, yeah you can regen you're life but in 2s 3s 5s if you loose 5 sec doing this you're Partner is dead and you're solo with a SM on cooldown...

3) Maybe you can pounce, ravage 1 time more but a druid as so many option to cc,( best feral Nelf 2v2 is ranked 403# worse than a ret pally,5v5 #343,,, the feral nelf Platform is crap) and if you get killed in Pve you're dumb.+ you have to wait 15 sec for diminishing return, and if you figth a lock fight him behind so chaos bolt aint doable

its alll very situationnal

My bet is for PVE = Worgen for crits, if you like getting out of a mine quicker or any indoor third sprint is a blessing

For PVP depends if you like bg or arena: bg = flag carry 3 sprints is really cool for a worgen. If you trying to survive more the enemy with SM yeah might work but most of the time there is so many aoe in play that you'll get detected. if you want to stealth waiting for ambush use cat prowl

PVP ladder 2v2 (12th June 2014)

For arena seem's that Nelf has benefits but in the 2v2 arena ladder Nelf arent the best class top 271. Best :Tauren and trolls wich do not benefit from SM at all...

best druids ranked :
Tauren ranks: 1 22 29 31 81 86 95 98 ( no SM) (8 out of 22 best Under 100 (36%))
Troll ranks: 27 28 35 60 63 65 69 72 80 90 (no SM) (10 out of 22 best Under 100 (46%))
Nelf ranks: 34 61 68 71 (SM) (4 out of 22 best Under 100 (18%))
only worgen is #108 ( so still doable )

So my guess if you want to be a serious pvp player none of the alliance classes, be a troll :)

SM doesn't proove its a good racial to begin with that tauren is #1 best 2v2, he plays with no SM. Horde benefiting more on the short burst aggression that kills fast and everybody knows arena's matches last like 30 sec or so.

Be a Worgen for 3rd sprint and more crits and if you're a bad player get you some ugly long ears first.
Gues if you like long ears go NELF ... if you're a good player its still managable in worgen

Maybe you love shadowmeld but!

1) Farmed in Wpvp doesn't happen alot witn a worgen you have like 3 sprints + cat form u can run real fast no sprints. 1vs1 a druid wins if you can use bear form to regen health, if not you're bad druid.

2) even if you drop out of combat and stealth you can't move so any aoe will get you back in view, even if you use displacement beast+ SM, yeah you can regen you're life but in 2s 3s 5s if you loose 5 sec doing this you're Partner is dead and you're solo with a SM on cooldown...

3) Maybe you can pounce, ravage 1 time more but a druid as so many option to cc,( best feral Nelf 2v2 is ranked 403# worse than a ret pally,5v5 #343,,, the feral nelf Platform is crap) and if you get killed in Pve you're dumb.+ you have to wait 15 sec for diminishing return, and if you figth a lock fight him behind so chaos bolt aint doable

its alll very situationnal

My bet is for PVE = Worgen for crits, if you like getting out of a mine quicker or any indoor third sprint is a blessing

For PVP depends if you like bg or arena: bg = flag carry 3 sprints is really cool for a worgen. If you trying to survive more the enemy with SM yeah might work but most of the time there is so many aoe in play that you'll get detected. if you want to stealth waiting for ambush use cat prowl

PVP ladder 2v2 (12th June 2014)

thread date : 5/10/2013
NE: WPVP escape!

WN: FC master (travel form + it = faster than epic mounts)
06/12/2014 10:52 AMPosted by Fardengast

Listen, I understand ur point but it's VERY simple...

if 5+ players jump me on a NE druid i can still live. On this one and they keep slowing/root spam, i die, guaranteed unless by some miracle 1-3 of them are retards
06/12/2014 11:34 AMPosted by Myrddin
thread date : 5/10/2013

son of a...
if if if.... ( and s o b back at you)

oct 2013 is still pretty actual no big changes in that drud class.

5 vs 1? doesnt happen alot, chances are in flight you get dismounted or pulled by a dk... etc. etc...

Do you win a cookie for surviving that? even if you survived will you stay in this sector? comon sense is to roll an alt.

5 vs 1? Wpvp is a bad idea only jerks do it, there is no honor in that, They will be wearing pvp and you pve .

Best thing is eng boosters but my worgen drud is mining herbalism so I farm x2 faster ore and herbs, i dont waste time searching only ore . Depends what you'll do 80% of the time imo.

Like I said if you like long ears go for Nelf,

Pve its worgen all the way for crit racial, bypassing aggro by SM works but entire team died , its a failure .. do you play Pve to fail? Its guay fake this fake that, stand like a man and face the music pal.

Pvp well Worgen for flag carrier is an extra. Root vanish is guay hope they will scrap this racial soon.

Pvp arena go horde.