Ragnarok Online 2

Games, Gaming and Hardware
Has anyone put any decent amount of time into this game?

It looks like every other free-to-play Korean MMO, but I played Ragnarok Online a lot as a kid, pretty sure it was the reason I got into them in the first place.

I suspect RO1 was successful because there were not as many MMO's on the market at the time. So an anime 2-D isometric MMORPG really stood out. From what I read around on the internet, RO2 is not very well received, which is a bad sign considering it costs nothing. RO1 even had a sub fee for the longest time.

I figure they would have been better off keeping it 2-D, it really did give the game a special charm.
They made it stupid, I wouldn'tplay it, I loved R.O one but R.O 2 they went for the loli-cons vs the high anime style art of the first one. There is also a lot less class combination and tree branch diversity.
I loved Ragnarok. One of the games that got me into MMORPGs.

Sadly RO2 looks terribad. No way it can compete with these new next-gen MMOs.

Next MMO I'll probably play is probably Project Titan.
Sadly, RO2 is basically a wow clone and not a very good one. RO1, while outdated, had a certain charm to it. It was also cute. This game is... meh, and buggy to boot with horrible voice acting (If you play it and meet a NPC named Sophie, you'll know what I'm talking about). Heck, one of the classes, I think a Beastmaster, has a BEAR form (tank), and a CAT form (DPS). GEE, I WONDER WHAT CLASS THAT COULD BE!?

The freaking Dungeon Finder doesn't even work, character that are level 30+ keep getting thrown into the first dungeon which is for like 12-17 levels. So have fun getting a group if you're not a healer or tank! The good news for me is as soon as I walk into an area on my priest, I get ninja invited to groups almost instantly. But as soon as I saw that, I'm reminded of a 'good old days' where we sat in Ironforge. ~_~;; And end game is basically about raiding and pvp. I accidently walked into a raid instance and it's a 10 man. I couldn't enter cause I was low level, but it seems to be going down the WoW clone route.

RO2 isn't really visually appealing. Heck even RO2's graphics look outdated compared to some of the MMOs out there. My priest looks like she's about to burst into tears.

Also, instant spawning mobs is a pain, more so if they're aggressive and you're trying to 'skin' the mob you just killed. Oh, and do NOT stand in one spot for long, especially in a spot where you just killed an aggressive mob.

A few positive things: No more MUST HAVE MERCHANT on your account. I hated leveling my merchant in RO just so she can vendor and sell crap. There is a AH, but parts of it don't work atm.

Mounts. It's nice riding a Peco Peco without being a Knight. There's other mount, but I'm assuming they're store related.

EASY to level. Heck, I'm mostly a support priest and I find it easy to level. I've died maybe twice because I pulled too many mobs and once in a dungeon cause our tank sucked.

Professions. This replaces job class and lemme say, THANK GOD. I hated job leveling in RO so much. They all seem to be useful to some degree, but of course, artisian I see being end game profession.

I have a feeling RO2 is going to flop. If you're a RO fan, it could be somewhat fun. But honestly, I'd say stick to RO. RO is very outdated by today's standards, but RO always had a certain charm to it, RO can still be fun if you have friends to play with. RO2 lacks that charm and goes down the WoW clone path too much for my taste.
Bad. It's horribly bad. Do not play it if you have any love for the first RO.
Well for those telling me to avoid RO2 (everyone here) I have good news, my computer apparently cannot handle the game! Lol

100+ FPS on WoW with max settings, about 10 FPS on a dated free-to-play game. I switch the game over to run on my dedicated Nvidia card, but the screen is completely black. I would look into fixing this, but I will just take this compatibility bug as an omen of more disappointments in the game.

Reading around, there are a TON of technical bugs with this game. How do companies manage to release such broken games.. especially since they bought a spot on Steam and during the time when it was on the front page of steam (where most interest is generated) it is buggy as hell and unplayable for many.

What I did see from playing the game at 10-20 FPS, it looks like the same game as WoW in that you spam abilities on short cool-downs over and over. Really wish companies would stick to identifying why a game was a hit before releasing sequels (cough, Diablo 3).
Not to sound racist but...it's made by koreans gaming company.
Not to sound racist but...it's made by koreans gaming company.

Koreans have made some of the biggest games of the generation. I just don't agree to their payment model. I, for one, used to play Maple Story a while before WoW first launched vanilla. RO 1 was my first mmo. Currently playing SD Gundam Online. All of which are decent, if not excellent games.
Well for those telling me to avoid RO2 (everyone here) I have good news, my computer apparently cannot handle the game! Lol

100+ FPS on WoW with max settings, about 10 FPS on a dated free-to-play game. I switch the game over to run on my dedicated Nvidia card, but the screen is completely black. I would look into fixing this, but I will just take this compatibility bug as an omen of more disappointments in the game.

Reading around, there are a TON of technical bugs with this game. How do companies manage to release such broken games.. especially since they bought a spot on Steam and during the time when it was on the front page of steam (where most interest is generated) it is buggy as hell and unplayable for many.

What I did see from playing the game at 10-20 FPS, it looks like the same game as WoW in that you spam abilities on short cool-downs over and over. Really wish companies would stick to identifying why a game was a hit before releasing sequels (cough, Diablo 3).

You might have to download something before playing it. I had to download something, PYS or some crap like that, for the game to work.

Oh, and their excuse for the bugginess is 'It's open beta!' No, the moment you start selling stuff in your game, it's no longer a beta, it's retail. That's imo.