To Ghostcrawler

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
So I was checking out your twitter this morning and I realized that many of your posts are fully focused on defending yourself/creators for in-game pieces. I haven't seen 1 time where you or any of the other creators just say, hey yeah you're right we should have done that better. 99% of the time it's about "Well you can do this a different way or you can't, it's all about how you want to play." But the truth of the matter is this: You guys took the ways that most of us were used to playing at max level and completely wiped it clean. There is going to be some major push-back, and you can say what you want about "The game was boring/dungeon grinding got old/rep dailies allow the story to be told" ETC. but the truth is a lot of people liked that way of playing, and you removed it (Also a key point you failed to mention is that dungeons lost their importance at HQ too with the lack of new ones coming out). My point is, have you ever taken a step back and wondered WHY so many people complain about the exact same topic? I know you guys count words on these forums and I wonder how many times "Dailies" or "Rep Grind" have been used since MoP dropped? I am not complaining, and I'm not threatening to leave/unsub, but honestly you guys took a major hit in the teeth this past quarter. How much of that was attributed to this kind of "Play like you want (But not really)" kind of mantra the game took on September 25th, 2012?
05/11/2013 11:03 PMPosted by Veladarn
I haven't seen 1 time where you or any of the other creators just say, hey yeah you're right we should have done that better.
Cata's catch up system, feeling of mandatory dailies, rep tabards. That's three off the top of my head.

Also, GC doesn't read the forums, and callout threads are frowned upon.
How would you react if you were told constantly "YOU SUCK! YOU SHOULD BE FIRED!" every day no matter what you did for the game?
How would you react if you were told constantly "YOU SUCK! YOU SHOULD BE FIRED!" every day no matter what you did for the game?
You forgot "KILL URSELF."
You forgot "KILL URSELF."

That too

I know this one!!! Use a 3rd party web sight to disseminate game information to the game community instead of using the game's official web site, right?????

Sounds like customer service to me.
He seems open to criticism to me. He has to be.

But I don't know why he doesn't just post on the official forums like Bubblykiss suggests.

weird
I know this one!!! Use a 3rd party web sight to disseminate game information to the game community instead of using the game's official web site, right?????

Because having to respond to everyone's novel long post is a great use of a person's time.

But I don't know why he doesn't just post on the official forums like Bubblykiss suggests.

weird
He's talked about it before. Twitter's format basically lets him have an infinite lightning round of a Q&A. On here, he'd usually be writing an essay in response to every question.
05/11/2013 11:26 PMPosted by Zerde

Because having to respond to everyone's novel long post is a great use of a person's time.

ya true. 130 characters is just enough for most concerns. And I imagine that if people had access to him via forums, he would have to muddle through a lot more garbage to find anything constructive. Having to make a twitter account is hard.

weird
He's talked about it before. Twitter's format basically lets him have an infinite lightning round of a Q&A. On here, he'd usually be writing an essay in response to every question.

makes sense to me. it would also make sense to create a similar platform onsite, but if someone really wants to chat connect with him, there is a way. So that's great.
it's funny because MOST of the things people complain about constantly have already been explained why, people just seem to ignore it though
i swear every time i see one of those threads i go and copy paste the blue response explaining the issue
and yet people still ignore it

if u want a topic that GC has actually responded to is about reps and low pop servers
saying they regret the lock behind reps and that they have a fix for servers they are working on
So I was checking out your twitter this morning and I realized that many of your posts are fully focused on defending yourself/creators for in-game pieces. I haven't seen 1 time where you or any of the other creators just say, hey yeah you're right we should have done that better. 99% of the time it's about "Well you can do this a different way or you can't, it's all about how you want to play." But the truth of the matter is this: You guys took the ways that most of us were used to playing at max level and completely wiped it clean. There is going to be some major push-back, and you can say what you want about "The game was boring/dungeon grinding got old/rep dailies allow the story to be told" ETC. but the truth is a lot of people liked that way of playing, and you removed it (Also a key point you failed to mention is that dungeons lost their importance at HQ too with the lack of new ones coming out). My point is, have you ever taken a step back and wondered WHY so many people complain about the exact same topic? I know you guys count words on these forums and I wonder how many times "Dailies" or "Rep Grind" have been used since MoP dropped? I am not complaining, and I'm not threatening to leave/unsub, but honestly you guys took a major hit in the teeth this past quarter. How much of that was attributed to this kind of "Play like you want (But not really)" kind of mantra the game took on September 25th, 2012?

I've read GC's twitter and I see him admitting to mistakes. Are we reading the same feed?

Yeah, he's often on the defensive. For obvious reasons. And, yeah, I sometimes think he's a bit of a jerk even to people who don't deserve it (Shaman BBQ ahem). But it's not like you represent it to be.

And a lot complaints are very unjustified and/or ill-informed. It's not an easy job to sort the wheat from the chaff. I challenge you to try it.

weird

He's not open to criticism. Every time someone tweets him a legitimate complain he either ignores it or just says the equivalent of "hey I know what I'm doing and I care because, duh, wow pays my bills".
I'm yet to see him being at least a wee bit humble and admitting mistakes. Maybe he could go "yeah we MIGHT have screwed up there" but never "yeah, we messed up big time".

05/11/2013 11:33 PMPosted by Rottingbull
I've read GC's twitter and I see him admitting to mistakes. Are we reading the same feed?

Apparently not.

And a lot complaints are very unjustified. It's not as easy job to sort the wheat from the chaff. I challenge you to try.

Actually it's quite easy. Maybe he could log one day and do the things any regular players does... for a whole week. I wonder if he would still think he's never wrong or that he "might" have screwed up something.

Apparently not.

Seems other people in this thread are reading the same feed I am.

I think you need to take remedial course in reading comprehesion?
I think you need to take remedial course in reading comprehesion?

For me saying "we might have screwed up" is not admitting mistake, it's someone being too proud to admit his mistakes.

weird

He's not open to criticism. Every time someone tweets him a legitimate complain he either ignores it or just says the equivalent of "hey I know what I'm doing and I care because, duh, wow pays my bills".
I'm yet to see him being at least a wee bit humble and admitting mistakes. Maybe he could go "yeah we MIGHT have screwed up there" but never "yeah, we messed up big time".

Possibly because someone in his position wouldn't generally make decisions that could negatively affect a large amount of people? I don't think he's encouraged to change things at the drop of a hat without considering the drawbacks and also hissyfits that might happen. At the very least, he wouldn't implement or take something away if he couldn't stand behind it? Right? What screw up(s) are you referring to though?