5.3 PVP Conquest Catch-up Cap

General Discussion
Mid-Season Catch Up
Players who are starting their journey into PvP mid-season start significantly behind the gearing curve. While we want to avoid invalidating the effort of players who have competed for the whole season, we agree with the feedback we’ve received that the starting gap is too large, so a new Conquest Point catch-up cap will be implemented using the following formula:

(Current week of the season) * 1000 – (Conquest earned thus far this season)

Here are some examples of how this will work:

Player A is starting PvP for the first time in week 10 of the season, and hasn’t earned any Conquest Points at all that season. He will have an additional cap of 10,000 points added to his normal weekly rating based cap.

Player B has already earned 5,000 Conquest Points by week 10, so she would have an additional cap of 5,000 points added to her normal weekly rating based cap.

Player C has been playing all season long, and has earned more than 10,000 Conquest Points by week 10. He only has the normal weekly cap to work with (but should already be on their way to being well geared).

If a player “redeems” their catch up cap by earning all those points, then they’ll begin the next week at their normal weekly rating based cap. Should they miss more weeks, then the catch up cap accrues again.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8397168/PvP_Gear_in_52_and_Beyond-1_17_2013

This hasn't been commented on since, can we get a confirmation this will or will not still be implemented Tuesday?
would like to know it as well...
I hope this is the case, but if it's just the ratings based cap I guess it's really not all that interesting to me anyway.
I just made this same post, i see nothing in patch notes :(
05/20/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Frostssock

It's in the version of patch notes being prepped for tomorrow.

• Mid-season catch-up for Conquest Points has been added. Players will now see their cap on Conquest Points increased by 1000 per week since the start of Season 13 minus the amount of Conquest Points earned so far in this season.
  • How many weeks into this season are we?
    Tuesday is the beginning of Week 12, so the catch-up cap will be 11,000 CP minute what you've earned.
    05/20/2013 03:45 PMPosted by Rygarius

It's in the version of patch notes being prepped for tomorrow.

• Mid-season catch-up for Conquest Points has been added. Players will now see their cap on Conquest Points increased by 1000 per week since the start of Season 13 minus the amount of Conquest Points earned so far in this season.

• So then it is retro active for people that may have not been 90 at the beginning of s13?

This is something I have never truly understood.
    Awesome!
    Thank you for the response Rygarius!
    do you need to do rbgs to get the max amount of conquest per week? What's the cut off line for randoms, arenas, and rbgs?
    So then it is retro active for people that may have not been 90 at the beginning of s13?

This is something I have never truly understood.

It's based on Conquest Points earned within the season. If the character has earned 0 Conquest Points thus far, then they'll have the maximum amount of catch-up cap increase available.
    I,m so glad to see this as I can only arena/bg when latency see's fit to be kind to me lol.
    This will allow me to take advantage of the times when it's running well. I missed this week again due to very high world latency :(
    I've been wondering this for a while now but would it be possible to do something similar for valor? It is very frustrating when you miss out on capping valor for a week due to whatever circumstances arise.
    Only thing is, those who start from 0, even with full honor set, are gonna have to grind their way through to cap.
    That's gonna mean some seeeeeerious scrub days in arena starting this week.
    That's gonna mean some seeeeeerious scrub days in arena starting this week.

According to my colleague it is time for noob farming, sigh wish i wasn't so bad in pvp.
    It's bad enough with OQ that so many bad players have Win/Lose groups for cap. I pose a question for the PvE people:
    What is your reason for obtaining PvP gear when you do not PvP competitively? Grinding out random battlegrounds and hoping to win a few matches in 2s to what end? To have better PvP gear? For what?

It is quite sad that the PvE player base has cried so much about gear for PvP that Blizzavision has finally chosen a side (after all these years). Do you really believe that capping PvP gear is going to make you any better? Do you truly believe you still won't get rofflestomped because of 65% baseline resilience?

I guess the old saying is true: the squeaky wheel gets the oil.
    I have always firmly believed any PVP system should have equal gear. For example on my Druid a player geared as bad as my DK right now stands no chance no matter how great of a player they are. To argue against players getting equal gear for a more balanced standing in pvp has never made sense to me. It seems every youtube video i find with players claiming only scubs want equal pvp gear apear to be slobs and that leads me to believe they are unemployed and want to be rewarded for it by having better gear in a video game. I am horrible at Starcraft and sure they have balance issues, but there is nothing that gives a team more stats at the start because of time played as skill is the main factor. I dislike LOL but i love how easy it is for them to balance there champians because they do not have to focus on gear only character ablitiys.
    Please understand that a scub player "me" <--- before i get trolled will call myself one, will still lose in pvp to a skilled player with equal gear. But for no reason should one player be able to two shot another because of a gear differance.
    Im also interested in a question that was asked in this thread, about whether you will be able to cap these extra 1k cq points a week off just purely arenas our will there be a set amount needed to be done in rbgs. Such as the 1800-2200 gap.
    It's bad enough with OQ that so many bad players have Win/Lose groups for cap. I pose a question for the PvE people:
    What is your reason for obtaining PvP gear when you do not PvP competitively? Grinding out random battlegrounds and hoping to win a few matches in 2s to what end? To have better PvP gear? For what?

It is quite sad that the PvE player base has cried so much about gear for PvP that Blizzavision has finally chosen a side (after all these years). Do you really believe that capping PvP gear is going to make you any better? Do you truly believe you still won't get rofflestomped because of 65% baseline resilience?

I guess the old saying is true: the squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Amen