Karazhan "chess event"

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
The chess event should not be nerfed, as it can be a fun distraction (unless you're unlucky with Medivh's cheats), but making it skippable in some fashion would be a welcome thing to people running Karazhan for transmog items.
Just let it be, its really easy to solo in 1-3 tries.
More like 1-3 hours.
Are you really taking that long? My strategy is this: start with lust on king, move grunts that are in front of demons, move demons toward center while doing aoe, move king's grunt, move king when echo cheats, use queen till enemy is dead.

It takes me no more than 3 tries :P
Maybe just tweak the RNG a bit, so that 1-3 tries would be the max?

I have one-shot it before, but many other times I ended up giving up after the fifth or sixth try.

Just let it be, its really easy to solo in 1-3 tries.
Removing the timer between talking with the pieces would do wonders. That's the most frustrating part, IMO. I can deal with everything else, even the crappy RNG on Medivh.
Removing the timer between talking with the pieces would do wonders. That's the most frustrating part, IMO. I can deal with everything else, even the crappy RNG on Medivh.

That's a great idea to boost solo player efectivity!
It's hard to solo if you're bad at realizing your king is standing in fire or doesn't have an escape route, sure.

Otherwise, use your rooks to AoE everything down. Easy peasy.