Anduin in 5.3

Story Forum
It would have been very cool if a portal had opened up and the Draeni had picked up Anduin literally four seconds after Garrosh left with something along the lines of "As was forseen. All according to plan."

Are you sure you didn't mean to say Eredar instead of Draenei? That quote sounds a bit sinister to me and sounds like something Kil'jaeden or one of his followers would say instead of a follower of Velen.

From the short story that Blizzard put out recently about Velen, his visions seem to be more focused on the legion rather than the goings on of anything on Azeroth.
05/17/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Rholand
He restored the Sunwell.
*Ejem* Aveena, Kalec, M'URU -.-Velen was extremely minor in that event.

Minor as in he restored the Sunwell? Doesn't seem that minor.
I seriously want Velen to be more like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkRiF6o1Dvs
05/17/2013 12:14 PMPosted by Lena
*Ejem* Aveena, Kalec, M'URU -.-Velen was extremely minor in that event.

Minor as in he restored the Sunwell? Doesn't seem that minor.

Minor as in that was ALL he did for the entire xpac. March in, speak a few lines, restore the Sunwell.

That was it. It's not a wonder that some players didn't even realise that the Draenei had a faction leader since he did jack all up until that point.

As for Anduin, if we're lucky he'll trip and fall down the staircase into Four Winds. Yeah, I still despise the kid.
05/17/2013 08:44 PMPosted by Zophor
Minor as in that was ALL he did for the entire xpac. March in, speak a few lines, restore the Sunwell.

You do realize how ridiculous that statement is?

Here's a hypothetical scenario. Garona Halforcen/Valerra Sanguinar/Mathius Shaw/Some other character who's name I'll misspell sneaks into Stormwind and assassinates Varian Wrynn. No one knows why, all we get is a few bits of dialogue containing the name of <Insert always Chaotic Evil Faction here>. That's all she/he does for the entirety of MoP.

Is she/he minor?
05/17/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Pyronaptor

You do realize how ridiculous that statement is?

Here's a hypothetical scenario. Garona Halforcen/Valerra Sanguinar/Mathius Shaw/Some other character who's name I'll misspell sneaks into Stormwind and assassinates Varian Wrynn. No one knows why, all we get is a few bits of dialogue containing the name of <Insert always Chaotic Evil Faction here>. That's all she/he does for the entirety of MoP.

Is she/he minor?

Garona and Shaw you do quests for and actually alongside. Plus you actually received quests form Shaw up until Cata, so no they're not minor.

Valerra most people only saw her back during the WotLK pre xpac event (maybe) and during the BfUC (again maybe). Nowadays nobody'd her from Adam, so yes, she's minor.

However, this is based on ingame presentation. if all you play is the game, then yes, Velen is pretty much a nobody to you unless you quested in SoS. if you're a book reader however you know that he is far from minor.

So basically it boils down to...

ingame presentation = minor (very) character.

lore = important (very) character.

And in TBC his role was beyond minor.
In game, you wouldn't know Garona or Shaw anymore than you would Velen. They are very small time quest givers.