If hunter pet CC was the problem...

Hunter
Why are all pet utility abilities being nerfed?? For BM especially, making bullheaded a 3 min cd and master's call 1 min... all abilities only used to get our pets out of CC. This also nerfs our utility in arena by making roar of sacrifice a 1 min cd now.

And unless we take intimidation, which most hunters wont, we are left with web wrap as our only stun on a 1.5 min cd, and give up spirit beasts.

I guess I just don't understand if the problem was too much hunter cc, why the nerf to most all exotic beast utility abilities, not just their CCs.
Does anyone know if locks are being smacked with the bat as well? Honestly don't expect another pet class to be nerfed considering that they are dev classes.
Does anyone know if locks are being smacked with the bat as well? Honestly don't expect another pet class to be nerfed considering that they are dev classes.

Locks are terrible, why would they get nerfed.

wat?
Lock pet cc is fine.. lets not change the subject now.

05/09/2013 02:03 AMPosted by Qgravity
This also nerfs our utility in arena by making roar of sacrifice a 1 min cd now.

If you think about it, anything below 1 min is kind of ridiculous.. considering it averts a lot of damage by taking away the ability to crit.. for 12 sec

And unless we take intimidation, which most hunters wont, we are left with web wrap as our only stun on a 1.5 min cd, and give up spirit beasts.

Spirit beasts aren't the only "exotic" pet out there. It's not like all BM hunters should have a spirit beast over any other pet. And i'm looking at the wowhead web wrap page.. it says 3 sec stun on a 45 sec CD. Is it really 1.5 min CD?? I don't play much BM, nor do I even have the pet, so I wouldn't know.
05/09/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Tsieg

Lock pet cc is fine.. lets not change the subject now.

wat?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=6358
Orion, stop. You just linked seduction... just stop.................
Is it really 1.5 min CD?? I don't play much BM, nor do I even have the pet, so I wouldn't know.

I'm not entirely sure, but I read that on the PTR the web wrap stun is now a 1.5 min CD.
45s is bearable, 1.5m is too long
Sterilzen, stop. You obviously don't understand how it works even though I provided a link ... just stop ...

It's a pet CC with no CD. That fact makes it much, much stronger than one with 60 seconds and our proposed 90 sec CC in 5.3 (in regards to the proposed pet CC nerfs).
Sterilzen, stop. You obviously don't understand how it works even though I provided a link ... just stop ...

It's a pet CC with no CD. That fact makes it much, much stronger than one with 60 seconds and our proposed 90 sec CC in 5.3 (in regards to the proposed pet CC nerfs).

I think you are forgetting to add the hunter exclusive cc when making that statement. The problem wasn't hunter pet cc, it was hunter pet cc on top of hunter cc.
Understood, I'm sorry for the confusion. The thing is instead of implementing a CD (or extending if there was one) they made seduction share a DR with Fear. I believe that this would be a much better "fix action" for hunter pets.
they made seduction share a DR with Fear

I'm honestly curious why they didn't just make ALL Hunter pet CC DR w/ Scatter / Trap / Wyvern and call it a day.
^ I'm with you. It seems like they went the wrong route with the proposed changes (Scatter and Trap with DR). All they need to do was ..

make ALL Hunter pet CC DR w/ Scatter / Trap / Wyvern and call it a day.
05/09/2013 01:21 PMPosted by Triggers
they made seduction share a DR with Fear

I'm honestly curious why they didn't just make ALL Hunter pet CC DR w/ Scatter / Trap / Wyvern and call it a day.

Because sometimes hunters play with shamans and paladins who also share disorient DR (hex and repentance) and they didn't want to throw all of those comps into the garbage before redoing the entire CC system in 6.0. That's why.
Hi I am a Blizzard rep and in the new xpac we want all players to have fun and enjoy the classes they want to play in any/all aspects of the game.

Hi Blizz rep again, its 5.3 and we just want you to know that we do not want bm hunters in pvp anymore and are going to use every means at our disposal to ensure that these vile creatures are shelved for the remainder of the xpac. thank you and thanks for playing wow.