Just Some Quick Help Needed...

New Player Help and Guides
Hey there, all! So, I'm really enjoying myself, but I have gotten hung up quite a few times (always figuring it out), but this time is a little differen.

I recently finished the "Battle for Darkshore" (title?) and after I returned to the Ancients in the glenn, I got my bracer, and bam... all done. No quests. What do I do when I get in that situation? How do I know where to go? What to do? I did, at level 20, get a quest to Ashenvale, but that was from Darnassus... BUT, still... Sorry for rambling.

If I get lost or stumped, how do I know what I should be doing? Where I should be going.

Thank you!
There is a message board near the bank of every major race city. The message board will provide quests to move on to some other location suited to your level.
There is a message board near the bank of every major race city. The message board will provide quests to move on to some other location suited to your level.
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.
05/15/2013 12:44 AMPosted by Xthar
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.

If you get bored of a certain area, the game has multiple areas for certain levels. You can check your map and it will show the appropriate levels for that area.
Also, often times Wowpedia will show where a quest fits in in the quest chain, sometime's you just missed the quest giver. Searching for your quest there returns this:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:The_Battle_for_Darkshore

And if you look at the chain, the next quest will be "Ashes in Ashenvale".

As has been mentioned, another way besides the call board to determine where to quest when you grow weary, are done with, or outlevel a specific area is to determine what areas are level appropriate, and simply go there. Besides "mousing around" on the map, you can check the zone list on Wowhead, like so:

http://www.wowhead.com/zones#0+2+1

You will see that there are 4 zones- Ashenvale, Duskwood, Hillsbrad Foothills, and Wetlands are all level appropriate. This is better than mousing around in many respects, although it still doesn't tell the whole story - for example, Hillsbrad Foothills has very few quests for Alliance, and those are mostly battleground related - so you'll want to examine the quests and ensure that it's a good place for your faction as well.

<S>
Thanks all! I really appreciated everyones time.
"Breadcrumb" quests - quests designed to take you to the next questing hub/zone - that have the same destination are usually mutually exclusive: if you picked one up, the remaining ones will not show up. In this case, you got the breadcrumb for Ashenvale from the Hero's Call board, so you weren't able to see or pick up the "Ashes in Ashenvale" quest, which would probably have shown up if you didn't have the Hero's Call quest.
"Breadcrumb" quests - quests designed to take you to the next questing hub/zone - that have the same destination are usually mutually exclusive: if you picked one up, the remaining ones will not show up. In this case, you got the breadcrumb for Ashenvale from the Hero's Call board, so you weren't able to see or pick up the "Ashes in Ashenvale" quest, which would probably have shown up if you didn't have the Hero's Call quest.
That makes perfect sense! Thank you for that. It oddly makes me feel safer, hahaha!