Hunter Melee

Hunter
Am I the only one that misses it? A target gets too close, you wip out your massive axe, raptor strike, wing clip and run. I miss just visually having both a melee wep and ranged wep at the same time as well.
I miss when melee survival hunter was a thing. Not a good thing, but a thing nonetheless.
I miss when melee survival hunter was a thing. Not a good thing, but a thing nonetheless.

Was never a thing. People just wanted it to be a thing.

It was most definitely "a thing". Go look at the original Survival tree.
05/09/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Melix

Well you're right, minus the part where you said it was "a thing."
Well you're right, minus the part where you said it was "a thing."

05/09/2013 08:44 AMPosted by Girlsgonewow
I miss when melee survival hunter was a thing.

Pretty sure I was repeating what you and Girls already said.

Well you're right

Yes, I know.
They gotta bring it back... It's just hilarious to see nub hunters just backpedaling and still doing so much dmg without the dead zone

Atleast give us the option to whip out some melee and make it light-medium dmg.

Rogues and all other melee are getting light-med range abilities, why can't us hunters have both?
They gotta bring it back... It's just hilarious to see nub hunters just backpedaling and still doing so much dmg without the dead zone

Hunters no longer have a deadzone with ranged weapons... melee isn't necessary. I say, just add back Raptor Strike and Wing Clip without the melee weapons being necessary. Or, keep the melee requirement and make a weapon-change macro. Hunters can still swap their ranged weapons for melee ones... for some odd reason.
I liked the fact that Wing Clip was off the gcd and lasted twice as long as concusive shot. Loved the Wing Clip/Disengage macro
05/11/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Chrozz
Hunters no longer have a deadzone with ranged weapons...

I know, thats exactly what I said downy
The only thing I miss is doing massive amounts of damage with a Raptor Strike crit from a 4.0 speed weapon.
http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/05/wow-archivist-strange-choices-behind-wows-earliest-talent-tree/

It wasn't really a thing for very long. As a matter of fact, I leveled/played a SV hunter in Vanilla and was never a melee hunter (as surv. I did a stint as a melee hunter through BM in tbc)
I miss it too. The hunter is just kind of bland and boring to me without melee.
Bring back pole arms (spears). Boars were hunted with spears and dogs since ancient times right up to the invention of firearms. So it makes sense for those and bigger prey. Go BM tree go.
05/09/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Melix

I was there for it. It was never "a thing"...

Hunter melee was always a last resort, even pre-1.7 survival spec.
Rogues and all other melee are getting light-med range abilities, why can't us hunters have both?

You have our current max damage at any range and want to nerf our damage at close range? I think that'd make you the "downy".

Your addiction to that insult is revolting, btw.
What is wrong with you people -.-

Worst of all was that stupid glyph that made you take less damage after a raptor strike. No CD, so do it all the time! And everytime you do, no dps!

GAH
Only reason I'm rolling this hunter now is because there's no more melee/ranged skill separation. Hunter playstyle right now is a blast, don't mess with a good thing.
wing clip/disengage was all I did from 1-80. lol.
wing clip/disengage was all I did from 1-80. lol.

I did have a macro for Disengage that had Wingclip written in, that was one of the best things about melee. However, with posthaste talent currently it factors to about the same but instead of making someone else's movement worse mine is better.