One handed sword for human warlocks???

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Hey all,

I'm currently plodding along through the current ToT content, when i notice a serious omission. There's a serious lack of one handed swords for human/locks. (racial 1% hit bonus), in fact there isn't ONE suited to our needs.

Currently the ONLY one i can use in ToT content is the "Soulblade of the Breaking Storm" but it has Spirit on it, which is pretty useless for a lock.

Soulblade of the Breaking Storm

Could we either get a new one handed sword added to the game with stats that would benefit a lock (hit, crit, haste or mastery) or get one of the current daggers changed to one handed sword??

Thank you.....

(EDIT.......no im not spamming.......but it wasn't clear on where to post this request)
Not every spec/race/class combo gets a their ideal weapon every tier. Try being a enhance shaman for example.

This is the first non +hit sword that's relatively available since icc.
How many places are you going to post this same thread?
Our locks are actually shooting for that sword on heroic because of the accessibility, the low class share count, and the hit from free expertise is giving them about the equivalent of the spirit before the reforge, making it actually give more 2ndary overall over the other options.

300ish unforgable spirit on the heroic version isn't worth completely turning the item away

As far as them adding a weapon.... I wouldn't hold my breath, Blizzard has never created a completely new item mid tier because 1 race/class combo is missing out on 300 secondary stats

Making the weapon a spirit sword was very much a conscious decision, much like how we had spell power axes every single kill in Firelands.
Here's a question....what good does a melee weapon do for a caster? You are better off equipping a wand which is useless except for the stats; and leave the melee weapons for the ones that need it, like the melee fighters; ie, warriors, paladins, rogues, etc. A melee weapon with spirit on it has but one application; to a holy paladin, since spirit really only helps the healers.

The only good equipping any weapon does for a caster is to provide stats....nothing more; the character is made to fight at a distance, not toe to toe. That especially applies to a warlock, which emphasizes damage over time spells.
Here's a question....what good does a melee weapon do for a caster? You are better off equipping a wand which is useless except for the stats; and leave the melee weapons for the ones that need it, like the melee fighters; ie, warriors, paladins, rogues, etc. A melee weapon with spirit on it has but one application; to a holy paladin, since spirit really only helps the healers.

The only good equipping any weapon does for a caster is to provide stats....nothing more; the character is made to fight at a distance, not toe to toe. That especially applies to a warlock, which emphasizes damage over time spells.

Your understanding of weapons in WoW is terrible at best.

I'm so confused.
Stop complaining and be happy that you at least have plenty of options for weapons. Holy Pallys can only use that spirit sword and the mace from Lei Shen. Having only two options blows....
05/09/2013 03:04 AMPosted by Azane
Our locks are actually shooting for that sword on heroic

Yeah haven't looked at the math but a 541 spirit sword is probably better than a 535 wand or staff from Horridon after reforging. Blizzard was even nice enough to give it a 60 intellect socket bonus and not spirit or something
According to Vynika from method that sword is BiS for humna mages so i dont see why it wouldn't be BiS for human warlocks
Isnt there a shared drop sword?
Just because you have a racial doesn't mean it needs to benefit you every tier.

Also, heroic soulblade is still a great weapon. Take it from me.

According to Vynika from method that sword is BiS for humna mages so i dont see why it wouldn't be BiS for human warlocks

Um, maybe because different classes are different? Affliction has always hated crit, Demo doesn't really care for it either because of UVLS making/breaking their spec, and UVLS is a strong destro trinket as well. Not sure if it's BiS for every spec (read conflicting reports), but destro 4 piece also devalues crit.
Isnt there a shared drop sword?

There's a shared drop strength sword and shared drop caster dagger.
Shared-loot dagger: Nadagast's Exsanguinator
Shared loot? you mean doesn't exist loot.

Not sure if troll, or idiot.
They usually don't take into account every race/class combo when making loot lists.
They usually don't take into account every race/class combo when making loot lists.

I think what the OP is getting at though is they really need to. Its fine to say that Blizz shouldn't have to account for every racial and put loot to take advantage of them, but that's ignoring the fact that for Min/Max you do.

There is a reason Alliance vs Horde racial debate always happens... There is a reason most top guilds are horde... there is a reason most horde guilds are filled with Trolls this tier....

The fact that the human racial is ignored in this tier for casters that don't use spirit, is an over site in terms of racial balance... however minute it may be.

Racial that can be used any time > Racial that requires specific equipped loot. Especially if that specific loot does not exist.
Shared loot? you mean doesn't exist loot.

Rng is rng, in our group we had a lot of shared loot drops (Including my weapon coined from council), but up to today zero trash loot.