Returning to WoW, appreciate some advice...

Arenas
So I was watching my friend on his Arms Warrior the other day doing 2v2 arenas with his regular partner a Holy Paladin. It looked like fun, and convinced me to come back to the game after a very long time away.

I'm trying to decide on a new main, as the scroll of resurrection I received will allow me to boost any character I choose to level 80 instantly. I already have a level 80 Warlock, and this level 70 Priest. I don't really want to play the Warlock any time soon, and I might level the priest, but am looking at other options.

I'd like to eventually do 3v3's with them, so I'm hoping to get some advice on what might compliment their class combination, and be fun to play. They are both alliance, so I'm thinking of rolling a Human as their racial seems like it would be useful in PvP (correct me if I'm wrong).

I've been looking at:

Paladin- (Possibly Ret?... But would War/Pally/Pally be too much Paladin? It would be nice if it could work though. *I do love the look of that old Judgement set*)

Shaman- (Enhancement looks like fun... But can't go Human...not sure if that matters much.)

Rogue- (Not sure about rogue... Stealth looks like fun to me, but my buddy says they're 'greasy'... haha don't know what he means by that.)

Mage- (I hear frost is rather strong in PvP... but after playing a warlock, I'm a little tired of dealing with a pet.)

Death Knight - (Don't really know anything about this class. Just seen some You Tube of people doing well as Frost DK, looks like it might be fun.)

Priest - (I've played this guy to 70, and Shadow / Disc both seem like they might be fun to play again. Although I hear they might be getting hit pretty hard in the up coming 5.3 patch... don't know if that matters.)

*Any other class suggestions welcome*
*Appreciate the Help*
*Thanks*
Reroll Ret. We have a lot of useful offensive utility and our plight totally hasn't been swept under the rug in lieu of making Holy viable for 8 years. Totally.
I sense a little sarcasm...
Try playing a death knight if you like playing a melee. The mechanics are pretty simple and the damage is great, frost dk arms and an hpal is not a top tier comp, but if you're new to arenas it's not a bad one to start with, since there are only a couple CC's to chain and the swaps are relatively simple. Consider giving unholy a try too, its burst damage isn't as nice as frost but the spread pressure is very strong and the extra utility from your pet can be a game changer.
Reroll Ret. We have a lot of useful offensive utility and our plight totally hasn't been swept under the rug in lieu of making Holy viable for 8 years. Totally.

I never understood why so many people play a spec like ret

Hybrid specs in this game are so badly designed they seem to only ever be good when something about them is just broken
you're canadian aren't you?
Me?.. Yea, why?
05/13/2013 11:39 PMPosted by Chiffey

I never understood why so many people play a spec like ret

Hybrid specs in this game are so badly designed they seem to only ever be good when something about them is just broken

It involves a lot of scotch and masochism.
figured. because we always call !@#$ "greeaaasy" here hahaha
I have one of every single 90 and I can tell you right now that ret is my least favorite class to play. Its mechanics feel extremely clunky.

I am more of a melee person so I might be biased, but the following are my favorite classes to play in order.

1) Death Knight
2) Resto Druid
3) Feral Druid
4) Hunter
5) Spriest
6) Arms Warrior
7) Rogue
8) Enhance Shaman
9) Mage
10) Ret Paladin

My monk is only 85 so I cant comment on him just yet.
just make sure u roll male blood elf or male draenei they are currently the best atm for pvp
want some advice? dont come back...theres no point of playing. League of legends is more fun and wont require you to spend countless hours just to be equal in power. and its free either that or go outside its summer time
Thanks... I already play DOTA2... Much more fun, challenging and competitive than League imo. But that's a little off-topic...

Really just looking for people's opinions on some semi-competitive/fun class suggestions to pair with my Arms Warrior friend in 2's, and or 3's with him and his holy pally 2's partner. Thanks though... Anyone else have any suggestions?