Infested Bear Cub

Pet Battles
If I try to squeeze one into a pvp rotation, is the h/h or h/p option preferable? Leaning toward power variant, but I'd like to hear other opinions.
I would say h/p if you are running with something that has a bleed. H/h if not.
Okay, ty.

Honest answer if you reply here again how pay to win is Ragnaros? Just starting to test the waters on some pvp stuff, and he's showing up everywhere. Kinda half the reason I went looking for undead pets, although not sure how effective a bear would be.
05/16/2013 03:49 PMPosted by Sibilant
Honest answer if you reply here again how pay to win is Ragnaros?

Mine is actually named pay to win, but more ironically than not. It is a good pet but one dimensional. He is great in pve but doesn't have as much utility as other conflags in pvp. Nice to have. Has his uses. Not required and will not rack up free wins by any stretch.

Kinda half the reason I went looking for undead pets, although not sure how effective a bear would be.

A great place to find counter pets is http://petsear.ch/CounterFinder

I recommend poking around there in general to study move sets and breeds for stuff you may want to level.
If I try to squeeze one into a pvp rotation, is the h/h or h/p option preferable? Leaning toward power variant, but I'd like to hear other opinions.

Honest answer if you reply here again how pay to win is Ragnaros? Just starting to test the waters on some pvp stuff, and he's showing up everywhere. Kinda half the reason I went looking for undead pets, although not sure how effective a bear would be.

Interesting... I tried a bleed/maul/blood-in-the-water team and infected bear cub was the only member that survived to make my current team, consisting of cub/ragnaros/crow. Crow can be subbed out for any hard-hitter, I'm thinking of trying Lil' Deathwing, although you could use something like Infinite Whelpling if you don't have the collector's edition pet.

I would say h/p if you are running with something that has a bleed. H/h if not.

Agreed.

Honest answer: he can be good for certain comps, but he's no better than a vast many of the pets that you can go out and capture for free.

I have never once looked at an enemy team lineup that included Ragnaros and went "Oh man, this is gonna be a tough one!"

He's pretty good - trap's an extremely annoying ability.

Too unpredictable.

I too stopped using him a while ago. His immolate/conflag is the only thing going for him. His hp is too low for a slow pet.
06/25/2013 04:13 PMPosted by Kenpo

Too unpredictable.

Trap + Lava Wave will steal a turn. His submerge ability for slot three gets rid of any annoying turn 1 moves like Curse of Doom (I'm looking at you, Unborn Val'kyr) which makes him surprisingly durable, so much so that trap can be used multiple times.

Back to the OP, H/P is what I have been using, and in my experience he doesn't have the health pool to finish his hibernate, which is what you should be using for slot 2.
I use an H/P infested cub on a bleed/maul team along with my blighted squirrel and would suggest that breed for that particular use. I use the stun in slot 2 for utility as needed because I seldom find I can get a hibernate off. Bleed/maul is of course very easy to see coming and counter, but you'd be surprised how often I can pull it off. I think people forget that gross decomposing bears have maul too. :)

I've used him with corpse explosion instead on occasion without the bleed pairing. Meh. In my experience he's fine but there are better undead.

Lil Rag is on one of my teams that I use quite a bit. I love him with trap/sons (never use him with conflag setup). But he is by no means pay to win and has several drawbacks. He's awfully slow, for one thing.
EggPlant; that's what I named mine.

Although I haven't leveled him nor PvPed with him he likes to make an appearance with me in the occasional dungeon.