ganked on a pve realm

General Discussion
so i am currently on a pve realm, and was facing a mob and was using multi shot, then a horde that was flagged decided to land on top of my mob and my multi shot hit him and flagged me as well, then he detroyed me cause well, i was in pve gear.. just thought i would inform the community so hopefully somewhere down the road multi-shot will not target players unless you are already flagged.
I would like to mention the use flagged players give to the mind control Klaxxi buff to flag people who are questing and then kill them.

But yeah, back on topic it's weird multi-shot hit a flagged player if you weren't flagged.
ya worst part is i went back switched to pvp gear and saw a another 90 flagged horde warlock and knew if i would have tried anything they would have just jumped me
If you didn't have the player targeted than Multi-Shot shouldn't have hit them; especially since you weren't flagged.

Sounds like a glitch, or some sort of oversight.
well he was flagged so he was open season for me, there was no block to atk him
I thought they fixed that so they could no longer trap you into getting flagged. I hated it when they would jump into my DKs D&D and flag me. It is bad enough that a flagged healer can flag you by just healing you. I hope they fix such or make all gear PvP gear so you don't have a big disavatage of getting killed due to gearing. Seperate gear has always bothered me.
Yeah this happened earlier in the expansion to me and a friend. My friend actually hit the hunter with Divine Storm (or that one Hammer aoe), and went down in 2-3 seconds.
I got mad and charged at the hunter (this being on my warrior), and this was back when hunters were op apparently in PvP, so I went down as well....

We were of course mad, but nothing a little reporting couldn't handle, and this was on a PvE realm, NOT PvP.
yeah I have another hunter on a pve realm and I'm always worried about this. I've heard they can step into a multi-shot or aoe spell to flag you, though it hasn't happened to me yet
I don't use any type of AoE moves when flagged players are around.

^
That's the safest way.

There are always a few players who use tightly grouped quest mobs to grief PvE players. We saw it a lot in the Firelands quest hub. Every AoE is an invitation to join into PvP.

Its just annoying when they get all up in your grill

thats probably the best thing to take from this incident
05/12/2013 01:52 AMPosted by Voronwë

^
That's the safest way.

There are always a few players who use tightly grouped quest mobs to grief PvE players. We saw it a lot in the Firelands quest hub. Every AoE is an invitation to join into PvP.

Before I moved this toon to a PvP server, she was on a PvE server. I seen that happen in the Molten Front quest hub areas quite a few times. Lucky for me, my rogue has crappy AoE, so I just never used it.
so i am currently on a pve realm, and was facing a mob and was using multi shot, then a horde that was flagged decided to land on top of my mob and my multi shot hit him and flagged me as well, then he detroyed me cause well, i was in pve gear.. just thought i would inform the community so hopefully somewhere down the road multi-shot will not target players unless you are already flagged.

Nice lie you told there. Your multishot would only have hit IF you had targeted to the orc first. Very possible with tab targeting. AoEs do not hit flagged players unless YOU are flagged OR have THEM are your target. Game mechanics are fun like that.

Edit: im gonna leave the bad spelling and grammar. I dont know why i failed so hard when typing that.
05/12/2013 01:59 AMPosted by Lightneng

Its just annoying when they get all up in your grill

IK that's why I'm super careful because they're obviously trying to flag you.