death knights...FFFFFFFFFFFFF-

World’s End Tavern: Role-play and Fan Fiction
why is it that 50% of all death knights I meet claim to not be death knights when they RP
Leveling new toons takes too much effort. (:effort:) So people make a DK to bypass 55 levels.

If it makes you feel any better, I have 3 dks, I play all 3 as dks.
Why? Because if you want to play as a bad a$$ character with amazing skills and runed swords you want the chicks to like you. And what chick is willing to bed a corpse? (By the way that is just sarcasm)

A class is just a class, you dont have to rp your class. Besides, players like to step out of the mold and be different. Don't let it bug you.

And for the record, Sydric is a regular undead killing machine.
Because people have a free choice in choosing what they RP as, and those people just so happened to choose to not RP as a Death Knight.
I'm a Death Knight.

Would you like to join the Scourge?
05/21/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Zandrae
Leveling new toons takes too much effort. (:effort:) So people make a DK to bypass 55 levels.

Mainly this.

05/21/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Sydric
A class is just a class, you dont have to rp your class. Besides, players like to step out of the mold and be different. Don't let it bug you.

See, I agree with this and don't at the same time.

Yeah, I don't think you always need to stick to your class, especially if it's a non-magical class. It's also nice to see someone "step out of the mold" with some unique (yet realistic) "class" that's not actually playable.

However, there are some restrictions to this. For one, DKs are much harder to pull off as "normal" or alive simply because of the way they look. Glowing blue eyes and discolored skin/hair are hard to ignore even if you have DK voices turned off.

Not only that, but people who play DKs as a different or "unique" class usually go overboard with it, saying they're some kind of magical race or class that doesn't exist in WoW at all. At least this is what I've seen.

One last thing: as far as other classes trying to do this (playing as a different class), as I stated before, this works better for non-magical classes. Why? Because otherwise you'll find people trying to use Druids either as basic animals or making up their own shape shifting class. It's things like that which make me very skeptical when it comes to people playing classes outside the playable ones.
Personally, I don't have a problem with people not rping with their class. Everyone's different of coarse. Honestly I love it, i mean sure it won't fit the lore likely but its hecka fun and while Azeroth is rad, a lot of people have their own little world and what better place can we bring it to life(or attempt) than wow?
what better place can we bring it to life(or attempt) than wow?

IRC
MU*s
Any number of MMOSGs that feature world building including but not limited to Second Life, Furcadia, IMVU.
I'm a little surprised that its 50% on your realm, most DK's I play with embrace or DKness. I love being a lich - and miss Arthas (I darn near cried when we downed him in our first 10 man - he was tragic, but a true leader with a true vision). As a Paladin I was faith in action, as Osmandes I am death in all its virtue.
if it's IC- Yeah, no, I'd totally go around telling everyone I met that I was a reanimated corpse-once-puppet to a genocidal entity bent on exterminating all life.
if it's IC- Yeah, no, I'd totally go around telling everyone I met that I was a reanimated corpse-once-puppet to a genocidal entity bent on exterminating all life.

You don't need to tell anyone. They can smell us coming a mile away. And I've never been able to scrub away all the rotten tomato reek.
I came up against this very same thing when I was trying to nail down an idea for my character. I read a lot of lore and fantasy lore in general to gather a cohesive idea. I really enjoyed the idea of a rune master, but adapted it slightly to suit an elf. Im not going to dive into the creation story, but I play him as someone forced into becoming a rune fighter. It works since DK's use runes as a source of power, but it also allowed me to access all possible emotions outside of death and saddness. I didnt want to always have to be emo. So in this way I stay spiritually true to how a DK taps into their abilities, but have a somewhat plausible way for him to not be actually dead.

Now do I run around and explain the whole concept to everyone I meet like a broken record? heck no. I have info in my MRP flag, and if they RP with me long enough, the character might let them in on the story, but usually he simply offers a slight smile whenever someone calls him a death knight and continues with his business.

Im not blatantly putting him out as not a DK. I refer to him as Rune Knight, but unless someone is interested in the character enough to RP with me and learn about it, then I could really care less to have him run around throwing out every detail trying to look like a special dan.