Questions for holy priests

Priest
For you holy priests in 10m raids who are staying in serenity chakra to raid heal and using HW:S and cascade to refresh renew, are you stacking haste for the 1st or 2nd break point and are you glyphing renew or not?

Did the difference in glyphed renew duration have an impact to your choices when using that pattern of healing?

Also, during moderate raid damage for example, how many renews do you generally try to keep up at a time, and are there any tricks/suggestions for maximizing renew uptime? Thanks.
In Serenity, I find renew very powerful in 10 man. Often it is my top healing spell.

Stacking haste to 4721 and glyphing renew makes it an easy way to keep the raid up. Note that this assumes your raid has the 5% haste buff. If you don't have the buff then don't glyph renew.

To make the best use of renew you need to stack spirit as it does not benefit from mastery. With enough spirit, you can spam renew and have 4 or 5 ticking at once.

A lot of bosses require us to move a lot. Renew is amazing for movement eg. Durumu maze spam renew on everyone.

If there is raid damage in 10 man, its easy to PoH the 2 groups to refresh a few renews, saving mana.

Cascade tends to overheal a lot. However its an instant cast (great for movement fights) and refreshes renew. It cost a lot of mana for the healing it does so again to cast this on cooldown you need to stack spirit.

I suggest every gem have at least 160 spirit. I feel your current gems will make this strategy unworkable for holy. Never go 160 int gems if you want to renew blanket and cascade off cooldown or you will oom.
Kazard I'm not quite sure what you mean about PoH refreshing renew. That's never been the case for Serenity chakra. Have I missed something? Otherwise, good advice since renew can be taxing on mana if you're using it liberally.
Working on another set of gear for holy spec and going to try this. Thanks for the response.
Kazard I'm not quite sure what you mean about PoH refreshing renew. That's never been the case for Serenity chakra. Have I missed something? Otherwise, good advice since renew can be taxing on mana if you're using it liberally.

I'm fairly sure he meant Cascade, but either way PoH doesn't refresh Renew ever.
I use binding heal a lot to refresh, but havent tried glyphing it to even see if it refreshes renew on the third target.
I use binding heal a lot to refresh, but havent tried glyphing it to even see if it refreshes renew on the third target.

It does. You can play around with it at the Shrine for yourself if you want.