Inquisition...

Paladin
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
That's still a pittance, it would basically be like having ours cost a large chunk of Mana.

No it's not. Mana for us is basically irrelevant unless we need to hard-cast a heal. Savage Roar costs a quarter of a Feral's energy bar, which is used for every one of their attacks and regenerates rather slowly (compared to a rogue's or monk's energy regen). One of the reasons I've always hated Savage Roar is because of how costly it is compared to Inquisition or even Slice and Dice (since rogues regain 25 energy when they use a finisher, negating its energy cost).
05/24/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Keten
No it's not.

My feral isn't max level so I can't comment but I don't recall energy regen being that horrible. Regardless my point was is it's not an overwhelming price tag for the bonus, otherwise they wouldn't make use of it.

If ours took nearly all our Mana we would be staring at a screen going derp for a couple seconds.

Another form of penalty could be worked in as well, although I don't think we need the ability at all.

Major point was it was constructive talk and it has a precedent.
Oh, I wasn't trying to shut down the discussion at all. I just don't think Savage Roar and Inquisition are directly comparable in a vacuum because Inquisition is significantly easier to maintain.
I just don't think Savage Roar and Inquisition are directly comparable in a vacuum because Inquisition is significantly easier to maintain.

I agree. But Savage Roar and the other abilities like it, which are generally more difficult to manage then Inquisition, are the only parallels we have to draw in discussions like this.

If people were trying to use that one Rogue ability that lets them refresh their maintenance buff easily as an excuse for Ret and Inquisition then it'd be another thing entirely.
My main spec is holy. I merely suggest a quality of life improvement for ret inquisition, i posted here for it to be discussed, not to have ppl compare it to other clases spells (apples and oranges), nor to bring their QQ (oh ret needs REAL changes, not this).

And thank you Candenbrie for being the only one constructive about the topic.

I do all my dailies and solo stuff as a ret, and in fact its really annoying to inquisition every single mob. I dont have any issue whatsoever with Inq in raids, and i wont get into pvp because thats not the point of this topic.

I sugested an improvement in the quality of life, if you think it should work diferently of what i suggested, well thats whats these forums are for, discuss. If you think we dont need it, well pal move along and dont post, because this thread isnt about balance, its about quality of life, therefore, in the end, it wont change your game whatsoever.

Can i ask for a less clunky mechanic for my everyday errands? i think i can.
You think it will affect overall game balance or think it should work diferently, you are welcome to give your input.
They should make it where TV refreshes it on the target...kind of like assassin rogues and S&D/Envenom.
Maybe something to help UNTIL you reach the ability to get Inq rolling. To keep the Paladin style, maybe we less resistant to damage for 6 sec after someone opens on us, with a 1 min cooldown.
They should make it where TV refreshes it on the target...kind of like assassin rogues and S&D/Envenom.

Laziness is not welcome. GTFO
Change Glyph of Inquisition to allow Inquisition to be used at 0 Holy Power, but only grant 6 seconds of Inquisition if used that way (otherwise works normally). Allows us to start a fight with Inquisition so the ramp up time isn't quite as horrible.
Change Glyph of Inquisition to allow Inquisition to be used at 0 Holy Power, but only grant 6 seconds of Inquisition if used that way (otherwise works normally). Allows us to start a fight with Inquisition so the ramp up time isn't quite as horrible.

we have one of the easiest openers. like, are you even trying

Laziness is not welcome. GTFO

Was just a suggestion. Simmer down. So much anger in your life! It's unhealthy.
I hate inq.

Coming from a level 1 Warrior with no achievements....
I found that inq has become less of a hassle while questing as my gear has improved. (I don't believe it was ever an issue during raid encounters) Early on it was that the timing between mobs as well as mob health vs crap geared dps didn't line up well with the duration.
I would still support changing the glyph to work like the rogue one. I doubt that I would even bother to use it over my usual quest/dungeon setup. I think it would help fresh to 90 or leveling rets while doing quests or chain pulling dungeons.

Some people in this thread remind me of the patch going into cata. Anytime somebody said anything about it they cried wah wrathbaby. Not even two patches later blizz had to implement several fixes to bring ret up to par and it went from wah wrathbaby to wah my guild left me behind on progression night.
my 87twinked out(at 85 then xp from bgs) is twice as hard keeping up SnD than inq on my ret. stop crying, Inq is fine, easy to keep up, learn to control your resource system it's tons of fun

Slice and Dice is less important than inq, and if you play assasination you get
Auto refresh of slice and dice on evis, which would be like templars verdict refreshing inq.

The issue with inq also relates to the lack of an opener. On my warrior
I start a fight with a charge which gives me an advantage. On my rogue I have plenty of openers. On my ret pally its like "judgement, run up, do rotation, inq, rotation until
Templars verdict.

Overall a ret feels like it has no opener which makes it feel a bit less smooth than other melee classes I play. I think Inq just adds to that feeling, since its basically 6 holy power until you can hit a Templars Verdict.

That doesnt mean the spec isnt viable. It just feels a bit clunky at startup compared to other classes.
05/25/2013 09:43 AMPosted by Ikai
I do all my dailies and solo stuff as a ret, and in fact its really annoying to inquisition every single mob.

Well, I can't see your Ret gear, but at least by the time you have some T14 LFR gear you won't need to be refreshing it after every single mob. 30 seconds is enough time to take down five or six enemies. I don't even bother using it at 3 HP while questing anymore because 10 seconds is way more than enough to kill a single mob.
05/25/2013 01:02 PMPosted by Majintherm

we have one of the easiest openers. like, are you even trying

You make a convincing argument. For what, I don't know, but I'm sure it is a convincing argument for something. Maybe you'd like to discuss the topic at hand next time, though.
You make a convincing argument. For what, I don't know, but I'm sure it is a convincing argument for something. Maybe you'd like to discuss the topic at hand next time, though.

k
dbm countdown, 2seconds left
prepot at 1second
Judgement to get sprint and get into melee range 1 holy power
Exo while getting into melee range 2 holy power
HOLY HELL IM A RET POPPING WINGERS HAMMER OF WRATH THIS !@# 3holy power
ZOMG INQ INTO TURBO 0holy power
HAMMER OF WRATH IN THIS DUDE FACE YEAHHHH 1 holy power
CRUSADER STRIKE AHHH YEAH C'MON 4p PROC 2holy power
HAMMER OF WRATH FOR ANOTHER AMAZING DAMAGE 3holy power
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS TURBOCHARGED HOLY TEMPLAR'S VERDICT BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM 0holy power
YEAH YOU LIKE THAT, HAMMER OF WRATH TIME AGAIN SUKKA 1holy power
CRUSADER STRIKE UP IN DIS BTCH 2holy power
DROPPING HAMMERS OF WRATH FROM THE SKY LIKE A BEAST 3holy power
AHH YEAH FEATHER TRINKET IS ABOUT AT ITS END, EXECUTION SENTENCE TIME 3holy power
HAMMER AGAIN LIKE I GIVE A FFFFFFK 4holy power
Templar's Verdict 1holy power

Do I need to go on?
Do I need to go on?

Please don't. Reading that made me want to punch kittens.
One of the things I've been kicking around with well, myself.

Get rid of inquisition, and make it baseline (or maybe 25% rather than 30%, just lengthen the tooltip on Sword of Light), and add execution sentence as baseline, but with a much shorter CD, say 5 seconds. This gives us something we still need to manage, but it wont be FCFS either. This way we still feel powerful without having inquisition, but we have a different thing to manage with a much lower penalty for getting it wrong.

Now, don't get me wrong, the reason I have historically been able to raid in my ret set is because I don't suck at keeping up inquisition, but everyone else having a problem with it is making people see ret as a bad dps spec even on fights it should shine. It's the reason I usually start a guild healing or tanking, and then eventually moving to ret, or at least being the switch player (off tank, or 3rd healer).

Not saying the idea is perfect, but I think it puts all ret players in a much better place and it gives the opportunity for better sustained dps with ES being baseline with a lower CD>
Exo while getting into melee range 2 holy power

Brah do you even exo glyph?

Do I need to go on?

Please go on