PVP sucks now !!!

General Discussion
PvPers can enter raids, Raiders can enter arenas.

They can get into raids if raid teams and guilds want them.
I love the new changes.
05/26/2013 02:54 AMPosted by Bieberfan
If you had actually ever played on a PvP server ever, you would know that relatively balanced fights happen ALL THE TIME

What pvp server does this happen on? not mine certainly.
He's complaining PvP gear progression has been removed. You can have arguably better gear than full tyrannical by just doing LFR now. Basically, he's worked for something and it's been taken away.

Lol this is the mentality of players...and it's absolutely not even true. I do very well with my gear in randoms/RBGs.
pvp gear is worthless it only gives me 35% more healing and/or damage oh noes
See, personally I'm a PvP player in every game I play.

But I can't take PvP in WoW seriously, it's just retarded.

Dude, PvP in a PvE game. It's completely an afterthought. Know your game.
05/26/2013 04:50 AMPosted by Mirisanelle
PvPers can enter raids, Raiders can enter arenas.

They can get into raids if raid teams and guilds want them.

to an extent yes.

i for one like the majority of changes. i just think pvp should scale better in normal 10 mans.

thats my ONLY gripe about it.

other than that, i love that more people are trying to pvp. makes queue times less, more RATED BG's queue pops, and more healers!!
I've jumped back into PvP. The only problem is what to do with all the excess honor. Buying/upgrading heirlooms for the moment.

Is there still a place to get uncut Wrath epic gems with honor?
Buy the mut daggers for 105 honor..wait 2 hours..then sell for 16 gold ;) You're welcome
First I have to say, I'm just an average pvper. I leveled this toon up in bg's without heirlooms and fell in love with pvp. I played 2's for cap. (I never bought a carry or wintraded my way to the top. I just capped for points and had fun with RL friends in game.) I used to go into one random bg after another and always loved it. I never got tired of it. I have always loved pvp.

I don't mind more pve'ers coming into pvp. I'm just waiting to see how all this turns out.

I've had to adapt. At first, I didn't think I liked it, but that's because I was used to stacking resilience. I have been adapting. I regemmed, reforged, changed things up, and now I kind of like it. It's a completely different playstyle. I can no longer act like a mage tank in pvp. lol. I play more like a pure class. Before this, I could often stand there and take the hits of a pve-geared player as though they were gnats. Now, I have to play like a ranged class should. I am having fun learning a different playstyle in pvp.

The only problem I see is that the gear equalization brings out the class imbalances more; of course, we all predicted that would happen. I think what some are really seeing or experiencing is the class imbalances -- not a gear issue.

I'm not rushing to judgment one way or the other. I had fun in pvp before. I am now adapting to the changes. I'm having fun right now. Burn em baby, burn em.

I mainly arena now, though. Still learning.

I don't or rarely go into random bg's these days. I stopped those once premades took over. Nothing against premades. You see, I adapt. I personally didn't want to add all those random strangers to my battle.net friends and give them my skype or vent in order to do random bg's, so I stopped doing them. That was my personal choice.

I do, however, hope with the changes that we will see more players in random bg's and maybe fewer premades with the increasing numbers of players going into random bg's. I welcome all players to pvp. I think the more who pvp, the better it will be.

I'll keep an open mind and wait and see.

I do understand the argument that pvpers worked hard for their gear. Pve'ers worked hard for their gear too. We all work hard for our gear. I think in world pvp, gankers are learning a valuable lesson. They now have to think twice before ganking other players. I'm on a pve server, though, so I really can't talk much about world pvp. It may be a huge issue on pvp servers with world pvp, though.

You are an all-too-rare voice of maturity and reason among the pvp forum crowd.

I'll quote you for truth and to help you from getting drowned out.

(edit)

The pve forum crowd isn't necessarily much better. However, the pve crowd has suffered through countless class nerfs to appease "pvp balance" and through all the "pve is easy" and "lame dragonslayer" comments and just lots of general immature butt fedora-ism from the pvp forum crowd -- so empathy is often hard to come by.
As of may 2014, here's some good reasons why its so bad

Flag carrying movement just silly. No longer pvp
Healing is so op its pathetic
C.Cs stupid
Class balance so bad they have stopped trying
Lots of bgs dominated by one faction
No attempts to fix anything
Monks just don't fit
Lots of tanks pretty close to unkillable

A list of bgs that I used to enjoy but are now just dumb

Strand of the ancients (to easy for horde now)
Twin peaks (not even pvp, its who can run the fastest)
Warsong gulch (same as above)
A.V just a zerg fest
Isle of conquest (not pvp, and alliance always win because of super op glaives)
Deepwind gorge (all about tanks, always was boring)
Frost DK. : /
05/11/2014 02:09 AMPosted by Manteuffel
As of may 2014, here's some good reasons why its so bad

Flag carrying movement just silly. No longer pvp
Healing is so op its pathetic
C.Cs stupid
Class balance so bad they have stopped trying
Lots of bgs dominated by one faction
No attempts to fix anything
Monks just don't fit
Lots of tanks pretty close to unkillable

A list of bgs that I used to enjoy but are now just dumb

Strand of the ancients (to easy for horde now)
Twin peaks (not even pvp, its who can run the fastest)
Warsong gulch (same as above)
A.V just a zerg fest
Isle of conquest (not pvp, and alliance always win because of super op glaives)
Deepwind gorge (all about tanks, always was boring)

DIE NECROMANCER!!!!!!!
OP, man, I don't know why you were subscribed just for the PVP to begin with. PVP sucks NOW? Unless you were competing at a high level and were a very serious arena PVPer, I don't see how PVP could be a main draw of the game. I could make a huge list of complaints well beyond whatever silly thing you're upset about now.
Please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.