Nibbleh, brawler's guild.

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
I cannot figure out how you are supposed to survive this fight as a hunter. The constant poison spits. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong but can't figure it out because others have done it. Died far before Nibbleh was close to death while using double exhilaration (30% heal) while doing 140k dps. Tried disengage heal, but that just seems to get his stack almost assuredly.

Can't go BM for its heals because of the pet pulling aggro.
Have you tried just RP walking backward so you stay in melee range? His melee attacks aren't all that strong.
Well I got him. MM + spirit bond talent worked.
I rebound my S key and tapped it rapidly. Seemed to be a good pace.

Went survival + full healing talents/potions.
Have you tried just RP walking backward so you stay in melee range? His melee attacks aren't all that strong.

Worst part about this is doing the corners when he decides to pause for a split-second before closing melee range again and then he gets the buff. Get over that, and it's not so bad.
Worst part about this is doing the corners when he decides to pause for a split-second before closing melee range again and then he gets the buff. Get over that, and it's not so bad.

disable it on corners
He can do that in melee too. It's really dependent on hitbox size and latency, and he can just randomly get a stack if he feels like it.
This fight is super biased against melee. Why is his hitbox so small? Why does he just gain stacks when he feels like it? Ranged can dance around the room the entire time and not even have to deal with this difficult mechanic. On top of that, dk tier pets pull instant threat and give him stacks, so I can't even wear my tier gear during this. Thanks blizz.
06/05/2013 05:46 AMPosted by Scyzek
This fight is super biased against melee.

No it isn't. A lot of brawlers guild fights are melee unfriendly (Hi Razorgrin) but Nibbleh is not one of them. If anything Nibbleh is hardest for immobile casters.

Yes Nibbleh does occasionally gain stacks somewhat arbitrarily but that affects melee and ranged both.
Yes Nibbleh does occasionally gain stacks somewhat arbitrarily but that affects melee and ranged both.

Noticed it's been a bigger deal on pet classes, I lost half my attempts to army deciding to outagro a double icy touch from blood presence for a half second making him open up with 1 stack which was gg, and without army, I'd run out of room to the soft enrage
for melee: toggle on rp walk and go backwards, if you turn gradually (not a sharp corner, like a spiral almost) you should always be in range. put that s key to good use! :p
surv or bm pet pulls insta aggro and makes stacks distracting shot does not help. so i guess start without a pet out to avoid wasting your time like i did.
This dude is pissing me off, I've tried soft/hard corners, pets/no pets, RP walk/regular. He just gets stacks randomly and eats my face. The lowest I ever get this thing to is roughly 3million. I either run outta room, or he gets huge and hungry. In closing this fight sucks.
While there is some RNG involved with this, if the closest you can get him to before running out of room is 3m HP, maybe you should consider that the fight was not tuned around unenchanted t14 gear levels. Take a break, gear up your toon to a reasonable level (or higher) and try again. The newer brawler's guild bosses have some dps checks you couldn't beat in your current equipment.
he doesn't get stacks "randomly," you're kiting too slow if he is. the only RNG in the fight is if he spits in front of himself/in the kiting path.
Just can't do enough damage as disc to kill him. Someone get me full buffs and some siege trinkets!! i'm closeeeee.

no. i'm not going shadow. that's boring!
Start in one corner and toggle your slow walk. At slow walk speed you can hold your back pedal key and just be out of range of his poison.

DO NOT try and make 90 degree turns in corners, curve into them to prevent the instadeaths. You take very minimal damage and its one of the easiest fights of the tier. Once you get close to first poison line just curve it again and keep spiraling it in. Its effectively a game of Snake.

Edit: I made this for you. http://i.imgur.com/xGvDbGo.png
07/01/2014 10:28 AMPosted by Deathori
Start in one corner and toggle your slow walk. At slow walk speed you can hold your back pedal key and just be out of range of his poison.

DO NOT try and make 90 degree turns in corners, curve into them to prevent the instadeaths. You take very minimal damage and its one of the easiest fights of the tier. Once you get close to first poison line just curve it again and keep spiraling it in. Its effectively a game of Snake.

Edit: I made this for you. http://i.imgur.com/xGvDbGo.png

Even executed perfectly, I don't see him/her succeding at 476 itemlvl with a blue weapon and 0 enchants. 120k dps ain't happening that way.
i'm pretty impressed they even managed that rank with that gear tbh
07/01/2014 12:20 PMPosted by Kangarooster
i'm pretty impressed they even managed that rank with that gear tbh

Yeah. maybe it was a different toon altogether? If not, props to him/her ^^