Volley

Hunter
So I have been leveling a Mage every once and a blue moon. I started her in BC, and just brought her out of mothballs to take a break from my Hunters. While I was mindlessly casting Blizzard during a LFG, I was brought back to the old volley days.

Blizzard sucks, sucks bad, just like volley did back in the day. Anyone missing that crap-!@# spell, just needs to level a Mage, and you will want a Multishot kind of spell.

So all you Hunters who keep asking for Volley back just needs to keep it to themselves.
volley was dumb visually too. you fire once and a ton of over sized arrows fall.. even if you used a gun.
I remember Multishot using 3 arrows, and Volley only using 1. For the entire channel.
I could never understand that.

I'm happy with the new Multi-shot and Barrage (even if it is a bit clunky and/or situational). Glaive Toss is neat too.
This seems a little out of place. Has there even been a "We want volley back" thread since early to mid Cataclysm?

Everyone knows the Hunter forum is now for others complaining about us in PvP and complaining about CRZ and pet taming.
06/02/2013 07:55 PMPosted by Quibbrel
Has there even been a "We want volley back" thread since early to mid Cataclysm?

I've seen a couple. The responses were a resounding "No".

But you're right, it's all CRZ and PvP now.
This seems a little out of place. Has there even been a "We want volley back" thread since early to mid Cataclysm?

Everyone knows the Hunter forum is now for others complaining about us in PvP and complaining about CRZ and pet taming.

Spot on.. <3
I didn't like it's replacement much in the beginning because it felt wimpy and underpowered, but that's since been fixed. The only time I miss Volley these days is Lei Shi's hide phase, only because it would give me something to do.
Anybody complaining about "one arrow" for Volley fails to realize our class is actually the Tony Stark / Iron Man of WoW. Volley = Jericho missile. Except for the part where Blizzard originally made it out of ghetto scrap parts so it only did ~100 damage per tick and didn't scale with AP or any stats. Anybody remember the patch in ~mid Naxx during Wotlk? SKEET SKEET Volley got added to the stat scaling and was affected by haste. Suddenly it was showing up in single target rotations depending on the fight and buffs. (mostly due to the epic graphic imo) We got our hands on the original product for about a week or two before Blizz gave us back the "Toys R Us" version.
Xumio, you just solved my mystery.

Now what do I do with my life?
There are times when having volley back would be nice. Multi-shot is undeniably better than volley in almost all aspects.

It's just that volley was something you could target an area and hit stealthed targets. Great for PvP, and would have been nice to have for Lei Shen.

I miss volley, the non-pissing version (worst graphics choice ever, but made for a lot of laughs), but not all that much.
I miss volley for those times when dps all end up targeting one target and aoeing everything around it, causing chains of targets droping after one or 2 shots making it difficult to aoe with multi shot.

I think diablo 3's rain of arrows abilitie has a much better graphic than volley had (fire an instant burst of arrows into the air and see them rain down in a hurry), or the voley animation from icc valkir (the single burst arc of thousands of needles).

The closest thing there is to a possible reintroduced volley would be the vycrul one, multishot, barrage, or the demon hunter rain of arrows ability in diablo. Blizzard has said that they dont like for aoe to be spamming a single channeled ability, which is why theve changed aoe up so much for all the classes. ofcourse, boomkins still use hurricane some (may be wrong there, they may just multidot everything), spriests usemind flay (they may also multi dot, not sure), warlocks (aflick with rain of fire, otherwise harvest life), and mages (blizzard).

The volley used by the spirit kings in moshugun vaults actually represents a multi shot version of barrage in a sense, where it can fire a conal wave of arrows, I could see volley being reintroduced in such a manner, that said, we do sorta have enough aoe abilities at the moment, so I either see this being a MM ability, or I see it not coming back.