5.3 Helping pet battlers create solid teams

Pet Battles
Prev 1 2 3 26 Next
Direhorn + Moth

Sit back and laugh maniacally
[quote]Fel Flame- Flame Breath, Scorched Earth, Conflagrate
Corefire Imp- Rush, Immolation, Wild Magic
Scourged Whelp (H/H breed)- Tail Whip, Call Darkness, Plagued Blood
Isn't the major point of this team to heal the !@#$ out of the imp whenever he's low? Why run Call Darkness?

Feel free to call me dumb. :)

I'm really interested in running an Imp/Shadeling/Blossoming Ancient (when it's released) team.

Thoughts on Val'kyrs? I really want to make one work, was trying Val'kyr (112) + Filthling (211) + X team, couldn't really find something comfortable, but I liked the idea. Stench with 25% harder Absorb hits felt pretty strong.
Isn't the major point of this team to heal the !@#$ out of the imp whenever he's low? Why run Call Darkness?

Feel free to call me dumb. :)

I'm really interested in running an Imp/Shadeling/Blossoming Ancient (when it's released) team.

Thoughts on Val'kyrs? I really want to make one work, was trying Val'kyr (112) + Filthling (211) + X team, couldn't really find something comfortable, but I liked the idea. Stench with 25% harder Absorb hits felt pretty strong.

Yes it is but this comp doesn't hit very hard and you will find urself at the mercy of anyone with a crab/crawdad with a heal. If they run with shell shield it will be even worse. Call darkness will only slightly gimp ur healing but it provides a great defence vs dragons, healers, and other weather users. Some fight's I don't need it but some fight's I thank the lord I had it set.

Additional to the Valk team I already posted Aeolyn made a great team. Kicked my Valk teams butt 2 out of 3 games, and we tied the 3rd lol.

Unborn Valk-Shadow Slash, Curse of Doom, Unholy Ascension
Zand Toenibbler(P/S)-Flank, Primal Cry, Black Claw
Scorchling- Flame Breath, Scorched Earth, Conflagrate

I haven't tried it myself but he pretty much would use his valk till death and drop that nasty debuff on my team. Then used his hard hitting Scorchling/Zand toenibbler to two shot my pet's.It's hard to avoid all the debuffs and they really really hurt.
Do you think Val'kyrs are strong pets or are people trying to force them into teams for their novelty value?
Trying to run my Kneebiter team again, but it doesn't seem to be working as well now.

Corefire Imp: Rush, Immolation, Wild Magic
Zandalari Kneebiter(P/P): Hunting party, Black Claw, Bloodfang
Wild Golden Hatchling: Tail Sweep, Call Lightning, Cyclone

Open with hatchling. Cyclone, call lightning, swap in Imp. Immolation, wild magic, rush spam. Two turns before death, refresh immolation. Swap hatchling back in to save imp, refresh lightning and cyclone, tail sweep til death. Kneebiter comes in, black claw, hunting party. With lightning storm, black claw, and immolation active, the debuff from hunting party should take out that target in one turn. Hunting party nicks the second target, stacks the debuff, end it with bloodfang.

Only problem I'm having is, kneebiter is a glass cannon. He doesn't always live long enough to accomplish his purpose. Should I be looking for a P/B kneebiter or maybe S/S? I was also thinking maybe just replacing imp with another kneebiter.
I might be able to work with those two but I also have other teams with at least one of these pet's in it. Should I just look for a 3rd pet or can I put anything with one of these two pet's 2gether?

The third can be almost anything. Or even just reorganize everything. Those two I just found in my collection that I knew where somewhat dangerous to deal with. The main goal I was aiming for was a team that made sense with a undead that could hold its own in pvp.

If you could see a undead walking around with the pet following it, then it will work.

Also just wondering, if you throw plagued blood, then switch to a Ooze and dot it up, does all the dots convert to healing? That was the idea rolling in.
I'm open to suggestions for a third pet on my new team. Unborn Val'kyr, Enchanted Broom, and something else.

Usually open up with haunt then switch to broom and sweep that pet so I don't have to worry about killing it while its possessed.

I have been running a team with these exact two pet's plus a third. It's powerful but a bit tricky to pull of. If your running haunt then you know how tricky it is. One false move and you can lose your valk. Here is the team.

Enchanted Broom- Batter, Sweep, Wind-up
Unborn Valk- Shadow Slash/Shock, Curse of Doom, Haunt
Direhorn- Trihorn Charge, Horn Attack, Primal Cry

So the reason I use the Direhorn is because his primal cry is extreamly useful with Haunt. With it you can swap into Unborn valk (or bring him in after a pet dies) and instantly Haunt. It works like the Broom's sweep does when used first, it skips ur opponents turn. It also protects you from speed teams since ur broom is devilishly fast combined with primal cry.

Any Direhorn should do.

Love it, thanks :) Yeah, Haunt is very tricky but its a fun move.
I am actually very happy with my comp, but can you recommend something in the way of breeds? I am new to the breed concept and wasn't sure if mine are optimal or not.
Trying to run my Kneebiter team again, but it doesn't seem to be working as well now.

Corefire Imp: Rush, Immolation, Wild Magic
Zandalari Kneebiter(P/P): Hunting party, Black Claw, Bloodfang
Wild Golden Hatchling: Tail Sweep, Call Lightning, Cyclone

Open with hatchling. Cyclone, call lightning, swap in Imp. Immolation, wild magic, rush spam. Two turns before death, refresh immolation. Swap hatchling back in to save imp, refresh lightning and cyclone, tail sweep til death. Kneebiter comes in, black claw, hunting party. With lightning storm, black claw, and immolation active, the debuff from hunting party should take out that target in one turn. Hunting party nicks the second target, stacks the debuff, end it with bloodfang.

Only problem I'm having is, kneebiter is a glass cannon. He doesn't always live long enough to accomplish his purpose. Should I be looking for a P/B kneebiter or maybe S/S? I was also thinking maybe just replacing imp with another kneebiter.

The problem has a little to do with the raptors breed and more that he is a beast type and is prob getting raped by the weather himself. He ain't no tank either. I have run this comp before but I use Fly/Breath on my dragon and my 3rd pet is usually Pandaren Air Spirit. He has an awesome move set. Slicing Wind-Whirlwind-Cyclone. This way you have fly as defence vs Overtime abilities and you have protection from ur own weather.

You can also Run with a Cogblade Raptor (S/S breed), Batter+Expose Wounds in Storm is a death sentance.
o you think Val'kyrs are strong pets or are people trying to force the

Valks are great pet's. They are almost identical to ghostly skull which is a very strong pet to begin with but different enough to have unique synergy with forced swap abilities (with haunt) or Unholy Ascention which was once only unique to skull now allows for a slightly different way to play with it (Unholy Ascention+Doom).

It's a good unique pet but isn't OP
The third can be almost anything. Or even just reorganize everything. Those two I just found in my collection that I knew where somewhat dangerous to deal with. The main goal I was aiming for was a team that made sense with a undead that could hold its own in pvp.

If you could see a undead walking around with the pet following it, then it will work.

Also just wondering, if you throw plagued blood, then switch to a Ooze and dot it up, does all the dots convert to healing? That was the idea rolling in.

I have some idea's that you might enjoy I will test them out either late 2night or 2morrow.

I am actually very happy with my comp, but can you recommend something in the way of breeds? I am new to the breed concept and wasn't sure if mine are optimal or not.

Only the Valk has different breeds in ur current team and either one is fine. So I'm not sure what to say lol.
I'm curious of the new 5.3 pets what in your opinion is the best team/s, ? Everybody likes new things!
I'm new to Pet PvP, so I'm still trying to learn the best breeds, setting up a work-able team, and all that, but it's been a lot of fun.

I'd love to build a nice, solid team around my Gahz'rooki. He's probably not the best pet, but I love hydras and would love to use him.

For his moves, I plan to use: Tail Slap and Geyser, and not sure if Devour or Swallow You Whole is better so advice there is welcome.

What are some good team-mates for my little three-headed monster?

Yes every dot will heal the ooze. I went ahead and tested this team and I came up with 4 possible choices for pet's to run with ur dragon/slime. They are listed from worse to best.

Panderan Earth Spirit- Stone Shot/Rush, Rock Barrage, Mudslide (I have an extra if u want it,this things don't sell lol)
Bat (p/p breed)- Bite, Screech, Nocturnal Strike
Vampiric Batling- Screech, Leech Life, Nocturnal Strike
Ghostly Skull- Shadow Slash/Death Coil, Spectral Strike, Unholy Ascention

The spirit fits best cuz he has mudslide which will make it easy to set up ur combo's and helps u keep control of the weather (since u want to be running with call darkness on ur dragon). You can also heal him a bit through Rock barrage/Plagued Blood. He is also great defence vs weather teams too. With him and your own weather those teams fall flat on their faces.

running with the bat's is also ok but I could hardly get one Nocturnal Strike maybe two if I played perfectly and using double undead is very risky even with screech (I was able to give rabbits a run for their money with screech since Flurry is a speed based ability). Running into other darkness teams is also very bad for u to since most teams are completely focus on it while ur's wont.

Ghostly Skull is a good support piece but if u run into any critter's ur as good as dead -.-.

P.S. You can also try a Mountain panda his bite might really come in handy but then you will lose that awesome Elemental Racial for the more dp's focused Beast racial.
I'm curious of the new 5.3 pets what in your opinion is the best team/s, ? Everybody likes new things!

I don't have them all myself but I'm sure more ppl will make request and I will do what I can to help when they do. There is a lot of new pet's after all.

I'm new to Pet PvP, so I'm still trying to learn the best breeds, setting up a work-able team, and all that, but it's been a lot of fun.

I'd love to build a nice, solid team around my Gahz'rooki. He's probably not the best pet, but I love hydras and would love to use him.

For his moves, I plan to use: Tail Slap and Geyser, and not sure if Devour or Swallow You Whole is better so advice there is welcome.

I have had my eye on this guy myself. Working through that quest to get him. I might get him soon but I think you might want to run him in a Cleansing Rain team with Tail Slap-Devour-Whirlpool. That way you can trap people and then eat them. With the added bonus to aquatic attacks will make him hit like a truck. I'll see if I can't get him by 2night and test a few teams out (mech frog is a great Cleansing Rain user, since he is the only pet outside of aqautic pets that can cast it.)

I have had my eye on this guy myself. Working through that quest to get him. I might get him soon but I think you might want to run him in a Cleansing Rain team with Tail Slap-Devour-Whirlpool. That way you can trap people and then eat them. With the added bonus to aquatic attacks will make him hit like a truck. I'll see if I can't get him by 2night and test a few teams out (mech frog is a great Cleansing Rain user, since he is the only pet outside of aqautic pets that can cast it.)

Looking forward to hearing how he works out for you. He's a noisy, but pretty cute little guy and he seems pretty tough as far as PvE goes at least.
Thanks I will definitely take up your offer for the spirit. Although I am not sure what I could trade you for it.

Lance#1298 is my battle tag so you can contact me.
Firstly I have to say, after reading both threads all the way through, your ideas are excellent. I would love to get some input from you about both my current team and an idea for a secondary team if possible

Currently what's been working well for me is a Darkness team that's basically two fatass undead pets (H/H Scourged Whelpling and Restless Shadeling) plus a Gilnean Raven (B/B is the only version of it I have, but it's been working well enough for me). Depending on what needs to go down, the major strategy is a fairly simply weaken and tank things for a while with plagued blood before setting up Darkness with a dying whelpling and cruising through anything that's still alive with the Raven. The issues I come across -
  • -I'm using two undead, and Critters are not a pleasant sight for me. The Raven can handle speed-based things like rabbits and tears through frogs but I don't like having him take damage early
  • Darkness tends to hurt my undead duo if I'm trying to heal up
  • Elemental Pets make using Nocturnal Strike a bit more tricky and I don't have an answer to them
  • I've been thinking about a replacement for the shadeling, and I definitely need something to use to get rid of Elementals. Ive got a wide range of pets to choose from and a flawless stone hanging about.

The other thing I'd like to do is make a Bleed team based around my Darkmoon Rabbit, but I don't know best to take advantage of it's strongest assets beyond the bleed (S/S and the double dodging) in terms of teambuilding. Any feedback is highly appreciated!
    Currently what's been working well for me is a Darkness team that's basically two fatass undead pets (H/H Scourged Whelpling and Restless Shadeling) plus a Gilnean Raven (B/B is the only version of it I have, but it's been working well enough for me). Depending on what needs to go down, the major strategy is a fairly simply weaken and tank things for a while with plagued blood before setting up Darkness with a dying whelpling and cruising through anything that's still alive with the Raven. The issues I come across -
    -I'm using two undead, and Critters are not a pleasant sight for me. The Raven can handle speed-based things like rabbits and tears through frogs but I don't like having him take damage early
    Darkness tends to hurt my undead duo if I'm trying to heal up
    Elemental Pets make using Nocturnal Strike a bit more tricky and I don't have an answer to them
    I've been thinking about a replacement for the shadeling, and I definitely need something to use to get rid of Elementals. Ive got a wide range of pets to choose from and a flawless stone hanging about.

The other thing I'd like to do is make a Bleed team based around my Darkmoon Rabbit, but I don't know best to take advantage of it's strongest assets beyond the bleed (S/S and the double dodging) in terms of teambuilding. Any feedback is highly appreciated!

Well for your darkness team you can solve your issues by adding one of 3 pet's. A S/S Wisp, Lantern, or Spectral Peet. With wisp and Lantern you have the option of starting with Wisp and blinding target's. With that blind you can land Nocturnal Strike on Elementals and that wisp is one of the fastest pet's in game. Spectral Porcupette is also a great choice however his blind is only for one turn and only has a 50% chance of application so he is more of a gamble but he bring's far more power to the table then Wisp does.

I am testing a bleed team for you but I am forced to use a squirrel as my rabbit since I don't own one. The results should be similar though.

Update-Jin I'm almost done with this god forsaken weekly and then I can get my pet and get back to you on your team.