Hunter pets

Hunter
When is Blizzard gonna make it so you can choose your pet's special ability so I can run around with the pet of my desire? Instead of having to have cookie cuter pets for my specific activity
Probably the same time pets start sharing CD's (which will nerf the abandon pet trick in arena).
tallstrider with dragonhawk flame breath.

just sayin

just sayin

That would prob involve doing away with the tallstriders instant 3 stack aoe sunder armor ability, something only hunters can do.

just sayin

It would be more like

Tallstrider with an ability that also causes a Magic Vulnerability debuff, i.e., a diseased bite because tallstriders are filthy beasts best used for cargo hauling and food for the real pets.

Just need to add a level of abstractness to it.

just sayin

It'd just be nice to not have to have a crane or shale spider if I want to do anything pvp. Or have to have a wolf, cat, or hyena for pve. Or basically if you don't being one of these pets to your activity you're crippling yourself in some way.
Not really. Crit, mastery, and 10% attack speed are common enough that those are the 3 pets you don't need to bring. And i don't use either of those 2 for pvp (granted i don't have them yet, but even still i think i'll go with a pet that won't die very easy).
Not really. Crit, mastery, and 10% attack speed are common enough that those are the 3 pets you don't need to bring. And i don't use either of those 2 for pvp (granted i don't have them yet, but even still i think i'll go with a pet that won't die very easy).

For pvp you want a pet with a stun, or for beast mastery a spirit beast for the heals. That limits you to: A crane, monkey, shale spider, or spirit beast for pvp.
crane has sleep, and monkey has blind. Both breaks on damage, and the hunter has a blind as well. Beside for stuns there is also bats and wasps. And sometimes you want a pet for something besides stuns (debuffs, roots, or disarms).

Actually, depending on endgame raid composition, you may not have those. My team has had a history of missing 10% atack speed, and spell haste consitantly (only recently reduced to missing spell haste due to dps dk showing up most nights). Mastery is fairly common, as restro shamans are fairly common (all shamans provide the buff). We als have a dependence on having a mage in the group in order to have the crit buff, if a mage cant make it, a hunter has to bring crit. For a 10 man raid team, it is fairly easy to be missing specific buffs.
ok, you won't always have them, but they are still common. Common enough that you don't need all 3 of them. Mastery-shamans, paladins. Crit-mages, dps/tank monks, and feral/guardian druids. Attack speed-Enh shamans, dps dk, rogues.
crane has sleep, and monkey has blind. Both breaks on damage, and the hunter has a blind as well. Beside for stuns there is also bats and wasps. And sometimes you want a pet for something besides stuns (debuffs, roots, or disarms).

A root/discarm won't stop a caster. Blind will stop a caster or melee right in its tracks. Cranes/monkies are what MM hunters want. Pets with a heal/stun are what hunters want. Cause your rooting pet won't save you if you have an incoming fear and no silence to stop it.