OQueue Question

Battlegrounds
Hi, there:

I was considering downloading and using the addon "OQueue," (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/oqueue), but I heard some rumors that for some reason the addon is against the Blizzard terms of service. If this is the case, I will steer clear of this addon.

Does anyone know anything about it who can clear this up for me?
Hi, there:

I was considering downloading and using the addon "OQueue," (http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/oqueue), but I heard some rumors that for some reason the addon is against the Blizzard terms of service. If this is the case, I will steer clear of this addon.

Does anyone know anything about it who can clear this up for me?

No it is not against the ToS.

Both Holinka and Ghostcrawler have said that they have no issues with the addon itself. The only issue they have is 6+ premades, which can be done with or without use of OQueue.
It's the best thing left in this game.
Get it, NOW!
Get it, NOW!

If you can't make friends this is a great addon.
You sound more & more like Quint every day... be prepared to take his place as the village idiot when he gets banned or leaves for Guild Wars 2.
I really think if they broke Oque there would be massive consequences as far as even more players leaving this game. It makes QoL 1000000% better even if you aren't using it to abuse the bg que system.

I'm on a populated server but I still use it so often to find old raids, heroic scenarios, RBGs, or other random groups. It makes life great for casual guys that don't have hours to sit around waiting for things to form.

Definitely download it and give it a try.
I really think if they broke Oque there would be massive consequences as far as even more players leaving this game
If they broke the ability to queue more than 5 there wouldn't be much pushback, but if they eliminated 5 mans then yea a lot of players would probably quit. The worst thing about BGs for me is pugging & getting 5 on 1'ed going after the EFC because 8 of my teammates are screwing around in mid & being completely useless. At least in a 5 man you will (hopefully) have at most 5 worthless jackasses fighting in mid not helping.
06/05/2013 06:49 PMPosted by Infestyx
I really think if they broke Oque there would be massive consequences as far as even more players leaving this game
If they broke the ability to queue more than 5 there wouldn't be much pushback, but if they eliminated 5 mans then yea a lot of players would probably quit. The worst thing about BGs for me is pugging & getting 5 on 1'ed going after the EFC because 8 of my teammates are screwing around in mid & being completely useless. At least in a 5 man you will (hopefully) have at most 5 worthless jackasses fighting in mid not helping.

yeah I'm with you on this. I was more speaking of the addon, in general. I couldn't care less if they broke the ability to somehow que multiple groups together but if they broke it's PvE functions and broke the ability to group que (with or without it) I think there would be major fallout.

And maybe I've gotten spoiled but I hate queing solo anymore due to the selfishness and lack of care of most solo puggers. I don't care about joining overly geared groups or anything like that for my bgs but I love the ability to be able to find people who are willing to play together and try, even if they are XRealm and I'll never speak to them again.
by the way how to download it
The addon is legit. There was a way before for it to bypass the 5 man limit, and Blizz broke that. But it's great for finding RBGs, finding leveling groups (I see a few monkey runs a day), and getting into 5 man groups for randoms. I've met a few cool people through it, but don't use it much anymore.

Be warned though, since going on Curse there have been more and more people using oQ that you try to avoid in randoms.
Get it, NOW!

With that attitude do you have friends? You sound like a grumpy old man complaining about the newfangled ways of communication these young whippersnappers are using.

I still use it so often to find old raids, heroic scenarios, RBGs, or other random groups. It makes life great for casual guys that don't have hours to sit around waiting for things to form.

Definitely download it and give it a try.

Yea. I'm on a dead server so it is a godsend. It's great for everything. Just make sure if you don't want to see the spam because your doing something else, go to setup and click "go dark". If you just turn off oqueue you get mindless spam from the btag friends it gave you. And clear your oqueue added friends from time to time.
Yea. I'm on a dead server so it is a godsend. It's great for everything. Just make sure if you don't want to see the spam because your doing something else, go to setup and click "go dark". If you just turn off oqueue you get mindless spam from the btag friends it gave you. And clear your oqueue added friends from time to time.

^ This
OP I just grabbed the mod this week (Monday.) In the 2 weeks prior to OQ i was 45 Alliance Wins - 26 Horde Wins. I grabbed this OQ mod and I am now 17 Horde Wins - 1 Alliance win. Not only that but now I've even stepped in to rated BGs. Something I didn't get to do before. I'm 7W-7L in those.
OP I just grabbed the mod this week (Monday.) In the 2 weeks prior to OQ i was 45 Alliance Wins - 26 Horde Wins. I grabbed this OQ mod and I am now 17 Horde Wins - 1 Alliance win. Not only that but now I've even stepped in to rated BGs. Something I didn't get to do before. I'm 7W-7L in those.

That is a rare but probably a model case for the game designers. Problem is, it gets abused in 10 man BG randoms. I bet at some point they limit 10 man to groups go 2 or 3 max, or break join as group in 10 mans altogether.
since going on Curse there have been more and more people using oQ that you try to avoid in randoms.

yea, the RBG player pool is very tainted now. kinda sad, actually. so many people want to do RBGs, but lack the skill/gear/mindset to play competitively. it sucks when you have 7-8 good players, but the 2-3 bad players just drag your team down. it leads to a lot of rage, quitting, and anger. please dont sign up for RBGs if you are terrible...or at least go join one of the losing for CP or no vent/skype groups that don't care.
That is a rare but probably a model case for the game designers. Problem is, it gets abused in 10 man BG randoms. I bet at some point they limit 10 man to groups go 2 or 3 max, or break join as group in 10 mans altogether.

It's not rampant abuse, despite what the few loud complainers on these forums would have you think. Blizzard is fine with 5 man groups and continues, patch by patch, to break gaming the system to get more than 5 people in.

To continue the same tired mantra: it's an mmo, playing as a group is part of that. Solo queuing and playing like crap is some people's choice, just like solo queuing for dungeons or anything else.

We choose to play with people who want to succeed in this game because it helps us to succeed.