Titan Runestone Drop Rate

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 19 Next
I liked that you could get the meta gem right after the 20 secrets then start on the rune stones right away before 5.3 even dropped. as i see it the 12 stones was a good thing it let you work on the cloak step way before it was even in game. granted if they added the 100% chance off lei shen the same week as 5.3 i would have had it 2 weeks ago but still.

right now i have nothing to do till 5.4 when all you will catch up to me. starting us all on the same foot once more.
Honestly, the change made to runestones needs to be made for secrets of the empire as well. I clear 13/13 heroic every week, the past 2 weeks I've gotten 2 secrets out of 26 bosses.... this is stupid as hell.
Thank god
I still can't wait to finish this quest after 9 more horrible weeks.

Then you need his heart...

So at the most 10 weeks, if your luck sucks.
Should've made different raid difficulties have different drop rates with final boss having a guaranteed drop. It's quite sad to see my alt that has only done LFR with 600 cloak, while my main that has been killing heroic modes for a while with 5 stones.
AWESOME!
I been stuck at 4 rune stones for like ever...
At least this way I will get 1 for sure each week
06/05/2013 06:45 PMPosted by Azikyr
I still can't wait to finish this quest after 9 more horrible weeks.

you can do that in LFR after you finish your runestones ( even if your last runestone is off of lei shen )
I just started this quest today, so I'm glad to know at most it will take three months. {◕ ◡ ◕} So very pleased.
06/05/2013 06:48 PMPosted by Cebel

you can do that in LFR after you finish your runestones ( even if your last runestone is off of lei shen )

True.

I try to avoid LFR if I can though.
Hello there.

We agree and feel that Titan Runestones drop too rarely. We are going to make some changes to Lei Shen.

For players that are on the legendary quest line, Lei Shen will now always drop a Titan Runestone. This is similar to what we did with rare drops in the past and will help players that have been experiencing really bad luck.

This change is still undergoing testing and is scheduled to take effect next Tuesday with the raid resets.

Dear Mister Coffee Bird,

Will anything be changing with the drop rate and/or possible drop locations? (ie: the fact that only the last 6 bosses can "drop" them) This is my 5th week on the quest and I just picked up Runestone #5 last night.

/Binks
QQ more people. I have killed Baron Geddon 153 times in Molten Core and STILL don't have the final piece for Thunderfury.
You should really do the same for the other legendary quest items as you can easily get a bad week and get none at all.

Like Lei Shen always dropping 1 Secrets of the Empire as well as 1 Titan Runestone (Depending on which quest your on etc)
Sha of Fear always dropping 1 Sigil of Power and/or 1 Sigil of Wisdom
Empress always dropping 1 Sigil of Wisdom
Will of the Emperor always dropping 1 Sigil of Power

etc...
No, they are easy to get. Titan rune stones drop in 1 difficulty only while the rest drop in both normal and lfr in the same lock out period. It takes 1 week to get them all and 2 if you are unlucky.
Hello there.

We agree and feel that Titan Runestones drop too rarely. We are going to make some changes to Lei Shen.

For players that are on the legendary quest line, Lei Shen will now always drop a Titan Runestone. This is similar to what we did with rare drops in the past and will help players that have been experiencing really bad luck.

This change is still undergoing testing and is scheduled to take effect next Tuesday with the raid resets.

Will he drop one every time, or just the first kill of the week? I think having it drop more than once a week from Lei Shen might encourage players on the legendary quest to finish LFR even if they'd already killed him that week after getting an in-progress queue.

I think we need more reasons to finish LFR in general though; if there's reason for people to stay and finish the same LFR they've gotten an in-progress queue on then more LFRs will finish and we'll get more fresh runs. I'm not exactly sure what the incentive should be yet, but it's gotta be more than 45 valor.
I'm going to assume this will take effect in all 3 raid mods, LFR, Normal and Heroic.
lol "only" 11 weeks to go then..
No, they are easy to get. Titan rune stones drop in 1 difficulty only while the rest drop in both normal and lfr in the same lock out period. It takes 1 week to get them all and 2 if you are unlucky.

Titan Runestones drop in LFR, they just only drop from the last 6 bosses (while Secrets drop from all 12).

It will take you several weeks to get all the secrets as they are about the same droprate as Titan Runestones (just double the bosses who can drop them), while yes Sigil's have high droprates you can easily get badluck and get the wrong ones. One of my friends has 22 sigils of wisdom, and 9 sigils of power lol :P I would be fine if only Sha had a guarentee (instead of all 3).
Hello there.

This is an awesome change, thanks! Any chance at buffing the drop rate from the other bosses, or allowing them to drop from the first two wings? I've been at 0/12 for three weeks now, and I don't fancy running Lei Shen another 12 times.
Hello there.

Hehe.

So Lei-Shen will always drop one, while the rest of the 5 will never drop any from there after? hahahaha
So only a 3 month grind now
So only a 3 month grind now

Be thankful that it's 3 months. It could take a year or more before...