Titan Runestone Drop Rate

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 19 Next

It's LEGENDARY K it's not meant to be EZ

Learn to read: Chain running ToT LFR *IS* "EZ".

And that's the damn problem. It's "EZ" but damn tedious. Unless in your world, clicking on a button marked join queue is considered a legendary task.
It's funny that you find it to be easy, yet complain that it's too hard. Yes, being patient enough to acquire the needed items is too hard for you.

The way you describe it, heroic mode raiding is easy... unless in your world, clicking on buttons is considered heroic. Let's face it, that all that is involved in playing wow. Pushing buttons on a keyboard....right?
Oh good, I can finish this god awful quest in 6 weeks rather than 8.... game changer... /sarcasm off

Just up the drop rate for all bosses, all these legendary quests have been are farming for items... not very legendary. I know Blizzard loves putting these in because they are easy to make and they are lazy when it comes to quests that should be 'legendary'.

Blizzard art board consists of dailies and quests that you have to farm items for. Keep the millions of dollars rolling in for minimal amount of work.
Hello there.

We agree and feel that Titan Runestones drop too rarely. We are going to make some changes to Lei Shen.

For players that are on the legendary quest line, Lei Shen will now always drop a Titan Runestone. This is similar to what we did with rare drops in the past and will help players that have been experiencing really bad luck.

This change is still undergoing testing and is scheduled to take effect next Tuesday with the raid resets.

YAY!!! Now I know for a fact, that I will definitely finish it within 5 weeks.
Hello there.

We agree and feel that Titan Runestones drop too rarely. We are going to make some changes to Lei Shen.

For players that are on the legendary quest line, Lei Shen will now always drop a Titan Runestone. This is similar to what we did with rare drops in the past and will help players that have been experiencing really bad luck.

This change is still undergoing testing and is scheduled to take effect next Tuesday with the raid resets.

You guys are finally making some sense...thanks. :]
3 titan runestones in 4 weeks and this week i get 1 from lei shen, now making lei shen drop 1 100% isnt going to help much if that is the only 1 u get each week
While this is certainly an improvement, I don't think it really addresses the issue. The drop rate on the runestones are just too low. Maybe its the same rate as the secrets (possible), but since you can only get them from six bosses, it feels much much worse.

I realize you're trying to address the "I didn't get anything week" issue by ensuring one always drops. That doesn't really fix them. It'll feel a little better I'm sure. But there are other problems. For one, one of the cool things about getting runestones is the lore that Wrathion reads to you when you get one. It takes so long to get the next what that I forget what the previous one said most of the time. Really throws off the continuity of what would otherwise be some pretty cool lore. Secondly, the quest after this requires you to kill Lei Shen. You're ensuring that Lei Shen will always drop one. If you don't also increase the drop rate overall, much of the time that will be the only one you get, including most likely your 12th one -- thus forcing you to take another week to finish it. If someone is unlucky with the current drop rate (not implausible), it could take them 13 weeks total to finish the runestones/heart quests. I can't imagine that you think that is in any way reasonable (since you felt capping VP for 6 weeks was too much for 5.1).

Anyway, its good you are looking at it, and hopefully you'll keep looking at it after this hotfix. I'm sitting at 9 myself (after not getting any again this week), but hopefully it'll be a better experience for others in the future.
A month is 4 weeks.
6 bosses/chances per week is max.

24 chances total is your real number. Not this 60-80 or whatever you are coming up with.

Yea, Delritha (a few posts above) explained it to me. I didn't realize that the item only drops from the last 6 bosses. I was on the quest for a little over a month. That's where I was getting my numbers. And it appears that it only drops once a week. So now I have to do this for another 9 weeks (or more) to complete it.
Moo.

Can you clarify, are you still limited to one runestone total from as many Lei Shen's you kill per week? (one normal/heroic and as many lfrs as you can stomach)

I'm also curious about this. I think you should be able to farm lei LFR and have them drop everytime.
Moo.

Can you clarify, are you still limited to one runestone total from as many Lei Shen's you kill per week? (one normal/heroic and as many lfrs as you can stomach)

I'm also curious about this. I think you should be able to farm lei LFR and have them drop everytime.

Each character has always had one chance off an eligible boss (regardless of difficulty mode) per week for the Legendary quest drop.
Does that mean, if i do LFR and then raid with my guild i can have a chance off LFR and normal/heroic mode too?

Please clarify what you're stating with this new change
Does that mean, if i do LFR and then raid with my guild i can have a chance off LFR and normal/heroic mode too?

If you have already defeated Lei Shen on Normal difficulty that week, you would not get an additional chance by defeating him on Raid Finder.
I have a question about the Titan Runestone drops. I completed the quest this week for the 20 Secrets of the Empire by running LFR bosses. Now I have my metagem and I am on the quest for the Runestones. When I run the last six bosses on normal this weekend, will I have a chance for the Runestones to drop even though I got Secrets from some of the bosses on LFR?
Thanks.

Please clarify what you're stating with this new change

One Titan per boss, like always. Lei Shen just drops it automatically. A shared drop on all difficulties.
I personally think the drop rate should be just like the previous parts of the questline.
While this is certainly an improvement, I don't think it really addresses the issue. The drop rate on the runestones are just too low. Maybe its the same rate as the secrets (possible), but since you can only get them from six bosses, it feels much much worse.

A thousand times this. Having only half the raid drop them is a horrible decision. It would be okay if the drop rate wasn't so pitiful -- but it's astoundingly bad. Both the crappy drop rate and the limited pool of bosses that drop them combine to create a morale-killing situation.

I hit 6 runestones and then all progress died. I understand the need to gate progression but you did it in the most painful way possible. Especially when we all know That Guy who gets one on 80% of his kills all the time.
I have a question about the Titan Runestone drops. I completed the quest this week for the 20 Secrets of the Empire by running LFR bosses. Now I have my metagem and I am on the quest for the Runestones. When I run the last six bosses on normal this weekend, will I have a chance for the Runestones to drop even though I got Secrets from some of the bosses on LFR?
Thanks.

The first time you kill Lei Shen in a week (regardless of difficulty) is the only time that you're eligible for the guaranteed Secrets of the Empire or Titan Runestone.

[Edited for correction.]
06/07/2013 11:33 AMPosted by Rygarius

If you have already defeated Lei Shen on Normal difficulty that week, you would not get an additional chance by defeating him on Raid Finder.

That doesn't answer the question that was asked.
"Horrible RNG droprates" doesn't feel like a very legendary quest
Hey Rygarius, i am so glad that you guys are doing this...

because the first week i got 2 titan runestones ... the second week i got another 2... the third week i got 1....

and I have not received a titan runestone in 6 weeks...

i was just thinking about those chances but i think its around 5-10% drop rate. With this guaranteed you're basically bumping it to ~20%. I just wanted to let you know that your drop rate on this thing sucks and im glad that atleast you guys are doing ... SOMETHING... about it ... lol

oh and thanks for answering the questions from the other people in this thread it helps a lot.
"Horrible RNG droprates" doesn't feel like a very legendary quest

The solo scenario was fun. That felt legendary. Farm LFR Until You Luck Out 12-20 Times not so much.

I have high hopes for the challenge from the celestials...if I ever get there. I only have 2 more chances for a runestone this week so odds are not in my favor for seeing any progress.